IGNORED

New Left Back On His Way

DANRPDAN

• Admin

Been on loan at Palace before xmas, was shocking, fallen out of favour with Billy Davies possibly

Only played 25 games in 3 seasons, and is injury prone.

Not inspired, but if true will see what can bring as long as can stay fit for more than 6 secs

Where did you get that he had been shocking?

I looked on a Palace forum and most seemed happy enough with his performances, the only question marks being over his injury record.

We just need a stop-gap until the Jones signing in the Summer anyway :)

Where did you get that he had been shocking?

I looked on a Palace forum and most seemed happy enough with his performances, the only question marks being over his injury record.

We just need a stop-gap until the Jones signing in the Summer anyway :)

Forgive me if I've missed something but Jones' signing in the summer?

Well , the people who have watched him at Palace this season, like more than you for sure, and people who know their football, said he was total crap. So , based on his on pitch football performance this season, and actually based on the observations of 3 scouts, one Prem, one Champ one L1, who were watching Palace for other players, I am very sure he is complete and utter Nicky Hunt. It is impossible we have scouted him correctly.

As you are clearly of sub standard intelligence I feel very sorry for you and hope the adult education starts paying off soon. Back to Barrow Guerney for now and the pills should start having an effect soon.

So you haven't seen him for yourself. For all i know you talking shit. Instead of being a nodding dog and going with what other people have told you why don't you make your own mind up if we sign him. And i would like to know how i am of sub standard intelligence. I wouldn't be able to write if this were the case would i. Your obviously :gasmask:

Well , the people who have watched him at Palace this season, like more than you for sure, and people who know their football, said he was total crap. So , based on his on pitch football performance this season, and actually based on the observations of 3 scouts, one Prem, one Champ one L1, who were watching Palace for other players, I am very sure he is complete and utter Nicky Hunt. It is impossible we have scouted him correctly.

Just a suggestion like but perhaps your opinions would be more interesting to discuss if they were based on your own observations rather than second hand ones?

After all, a Bolton fan told you Hunt was excellent and a Premier League player all day long...

Just a suggestion like but perhaps your opinions would be more interesting to discuss if they were based on your own observations rather than second hand ones?

After all, a Bolton fan told you Hunt was excellent and a Premier League player all day long...

Agreed and we hardly had anyone who had a good word to say about Stead including people on here who had never seen him play, let's give the guy a chance before we convict and sentence him.

Was talking to some florist fans, started off brightly after his move from Walsall. was part of the team when they were rebuilding but fell away soon after Matt Lockwood ( yes him of Rovers fame was signed to replace him, then the likes of Shorey on loan and whoever because was becoming a liabilty didnt push on or even develop or forever injured ( back problems I believe) has cult following because of promotion heroics, but hasnt really cut the mustard since, if Forest were keen or he was that good they wouldnt have signed players to replace him, permanently

Tries hard, gives his all but ultimately not up to this league seems to be the general concensus ( Sawyer mark 2? Another Millen Signing who people over look :P)

Made the 2008 ( for 2007/8) League One Team of the season. has played only 25 games since the end of that season, despite 'only' being out for 18 months of 3 years!

CP and Florist confirm that though committed not really 'stepped up' here and is a good squad player, nothing more like Williams was before him or who ever else was, not exactly awe inspiring

Will give him the benefit of the doubt, buit it does strike of looking backwards rather than forwards interms of 'development' we dont have a good record of signing players who have been injury prone and them helping us in recent times.. So why are we going there again?

If we sign him it will be a short term loan.As for Sawyer he was cover until the end of the season. Why are you so bloody negative. You must be a right laugh at parties.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt, buit it does strike of looking backwards rather than forwards interms of 'development' we dont have a good record of signing players who have been injury prone and them helping us in recent times.. So why are we going there again?

If we are signing him it'll be a loan. If he's injured or shit he'll go back.

I suspect it's viewed as cover not a loan-with-a-view.

Agreed and we hardly had anyone who had a good word to say about Stead including people on here who had never seen him play, let's give the guy a chance before we convict and sentence him.

I think it depends on who you speak to. This is going to be condescending however I say it but people I respect (Forest fans) have told me decent enough things of Bennett, cert the same way that Ipswich did about Stead (and are still gutted we've got him), and Derby said Hunt was awful. But every club has its morons. otib is a fine example.

Please would you care to explain, giving details from accounts from Florist and CP fans plus a link to the CP forums regarding Bennett is somehow negative?

You will have to confirm as to how we were already have let go a covering left back this season (Under Millen) and are now in the process of signing the 3rd one within a calendar year as to how this is progress though

Its not forward looking because its a reactive loan (if it comes off) to the situation at hand that prolongs things rather than improves them. Instead of going to find some one better than the player injured we have gone for another injury prone player to provide cover for a position that has been identified by all and sundry as being a problem in the first place. How is that in any way solving things? What happens if the replacement gets crocked (as is likely) we have more wages to pay and nothing to show for it as we will have to get another loanee or shufty about with playing players in the wrong place again.

That isnt negative. Its confirming the possible outcomes of any potential deal for the player. And a number of fans from 2 clubs one of which he is a life long fan of say he hasnt got it at this level but is a trier.

We have one of them in Nyatanga, we also have Fontaine who can play on the left whilst Caulker and Cisse or Stewart or whoever play in the middle. The players and the positions are there. So why instead of not improving the squad are we merely providing cover for it and paying out needless wages for players we dont need in the interim. What we need is better, not cover or worse.

So if that is somehow negative then Iam all ears.

Cheers

Ralphy, look someone else calling you negative, careful your getting a reputation

is this as good information as you gave us on opening of the January window, a creative midfielder and a young left back as cover?.

yep! As of last night nothing is going through, but it could change (though would be surprised if it was today) some things go through, other things fall through with the midfielder, , George Burley got the sack from Palace and so Danns decided to stay, the young left back has been mentioned a number of times, was all set to be done but then parent club asked for the 6-figure loan fee and were told to do one.

Actually I saw him 3 times this season at Palace, and confirm what the people who saw his full loan spell did, he is rubbish.

Then it would probably be better if your posts talked about what you saw that made you think he was rubbish instead of mentioning how many scouts you know?

Archived