IGNORED

'green Shoots' According To Millen

Robbored

Keef reckons he first saw the green shoots of improvement at Preston and although City lost to two soft goals against Leeds and were unlucky to lose at Leicester he feels the win at Watford has boosted the squads confidence going into the game against Scunny tomorrow.

Well.....if City can win tomorrow and get 9 points clear of the drop zone the pressure would decrease significantly and City could go on a decent run of results.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I reckon an average of two points a game is not an unrealistic target which would give City a decent tally of 64 points. That would better than the last two seasons. That would certainly shut Millens critics up.

Keef reckons he first saw the green shoots of improvement at Preston and although City lost to two soft goals against Leeds and were unlucky to lose at Leicester he feels the win at Watford has boosted the squads confidence going into the game against Scunny tomorrow.

Well.....if City can win tomorrow and get 9 points clear of the drop zone the pressure would decrease significantly and City could go on a decent run of results.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I reckon an average of two points a game is not an unrealistic target which would give City a decent tally of 64 points. That would better than the last two seasons. That would certainly shut Millens critics up.

Did'nt ******* well shut you up when GJ turned things around did it?.

If we end up with 64 points I will bare my bottom in Burton's window, as your favourite City manager once memorably said Robbo ......

I think 54 points is a more realistic total given how crazily inconsistent we have been this season but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong on that. If KM can get us a 60+ points tally that would be a very impressive achievement given where we were after 10 games.

64 points is pretty insane. It was a great result in the week but that's all it was, one great result. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm not getting ahead of anything, I'm just asking if anyone thinks its possible to average two points a game from here on in. Looking at the remaining fixtures I think it could be, but much depends on tomorrows result. Win and tails will be up, lose and confidence will be deflated again.

To achieve 64 points given the start to the season would be amazing.

I'm not getting ahead of anything, I'm just asking if anyone thinks its possible to average two points a game from here on in. Looking at the remaining fixtures I think it could be, but much depends on tomorrows result. Win and tails will be up, lose and confidence will be deflated again.

Obviously it's possible but I'd be very surprised if we did. I agree we've seen some improvement with 2 great wins at Preston and Watford and a very promising performance at in-form Leicester. If we win tomorrow we'll be fine (although I think we will anyway tbf) and hopefully we can push on but if we finish with 64 points we're in for some good months!

But you never asked that question in your original post. You merely stated that you thought it was possible to acheive 64 points , and if we did , Millen's critics would silenced.

If you want other peoples opinions , it helps if you actually ask a question.

Some defo 3 pointers possible in the remaining matches.. as at today

Scunny.. got some good home form, recent away form is shi*te.. howver those last 3 home wins are gonna motivate.. so difficult game

Donnie.. defo in free fall.. away form is shi*te

Cov.. surprisingly recent home form is shi*te

Derby.. home form is worse than shi*te

Blades .. home form .. a little better than Rams.. but still shi*te

Priority has to be 52 points

I we get these with a few draws thrown in, for good measure we're looking at absolute MAX of 55/56 points..

But lets be realistic.. 52 i'm ecstatic, 56 i'm almost.. orgasmic

COYR!!!

Heres the games left. Lets see where you think the 26 points are coming from in the next 13 games then so we can see if we're on target or not.

A Coventry City

H Portsmouth

A Norwich City

H Burnley

H Doncaster

A Barnsley

A Millwall

H Ipswich Town

A Sheffield Utd

H Nottm Forest

A Derby County

Some defo 3 pointers possible in the remaining matches.. as at today

Scunny.. got some good home form, recent away form is shi*te.. howver those last 3 home wins are gonna motivate.. so difficult game

Donnie.. defo in free fall.. away form is shi*te

Cov.. surprisingly recent home form is shi*te

Derby.. home form is worse than shi*te

Blades .. home form .. a little better than Rams.. but still shi*te

Priority has to be 52 points

I we get these with a few draws thrown in, for good measure we're looking at absolute MAX of 55/56 points..

But lets be realistic.. 52 i'm ecstatic, 56 i'm almost.. orgasmic

COYR!!!

Agree had a good look at the fixtures earlier 56, will be a good achievement with the madness of this season.

I've been no fan of Millen but I was actually impressed on Tuesday night (first away game I've been to all year, mainly cause I live in Reading) and I thought second half we were very good. We weren't great at the back but I think we were very good and against a side who aren't bad. I actually think we could easily win 7 or 8 of our remaining games. Starting tomorrow when I think we'll win 3-0.

Heres the games left. Lets see where you think the 26 points are coming from in the next 13 games then so we can see if we're on target or not

Scunny 3 points

Coventry (City have a decent record there) 3 points

Pompey 3 points

Norwich 0 points

Burnley 1 point

Donny 3 points

Barnsley 1 point

Millwall 1 point

Ipswich 3 points

Blades 3 points

Forest 1 point

Derby 1 point

Hull 3 points

Obviously City could lose some games I have as draws/wins but win others. Forcasting results ain't exactly an exact science.

Trouble is, if we go on this mythical 13 game unbeaten run, and rack up said 64 points,

this allows the squad to escape criticism for the failure of this season so far .

No, i think the "green shoots" Keef sees, is just trying to bump up disappointing

season ticket sales .

Realistically, after a win tomorrow, a point a game would give us 53 points

which would be a fair return for a cr@p season.

Unless Nicky bangs in 10 between now and May 7th fingerscrossed.gif

You didn't see the question mark in the thread title?

That, plus the tone of the opening post was a bit of a clue.

Just read it again , seems like more of a statement than a question to me , maybe I'm reading it wrong , maybe you've written it wrong?

anyway if it is a question you are asking , my answer would be , not a ******g chance pal.

Naughty , naughty. You're a right wind up merchant aren't you? No wonder you're not the most popular guy on here :disapointed2se:

I dunno, the points evaluation is accurate and should we avoid the drop it will give cause for a few people to eat some humble pie.

tbh I think for someones first full season in management (with no pre-season) he's done pretty well, had Maynard been fit we would probably be somewhere among the top 6, for sure. Finish this season on a high note, strengthen and push hard again.

Haven't you been a bit pessimistic with the Norwich, Burnley and Millwall forecasts taking into account Millen's run-in last year when, due to the firmer pitch conditions, he traditionally applies the top secret formation that scored him year-high top marks for his coaching badges? if I'm right - and there is little room for doubt based on my in-depth analysis - the inevitable three extra wins gives us another 7 points and, based on last years points, we scrape into sixth place in the play-offs. Happy days!

Scunny 3 points

Coventry (City have a decent record there) 3 points

Pompey 3 points

Norwich 0 points

Burnley 1 point

Donny 3 points

Barnsley 1 point

Millwall 1 point

Ipswich 3 points

Blades 3 points

Forest 1 point

Derby 1 point

Hull 3 points

Obviously City could lose some games I have as draws/wins but win others. Forcasting results ain't exactly an exact science.

For a responsible person , you aren't half stupid.

Surely you know that City always splutter after a good victory.

I was reminded of this when watching the highlights. Watford could have been out of sight by half time. This is a common theme with Millen. He just gets it wrong time-and-time again in the first half. You'd think he'd analyse the opposition and prepare for them rather than waiting for a half of football to happen.... We have seen a number of good results this season but the full analysis has shown that we've given many chances and the opposition just haven't taken them. In the next game, we do the same (again) and lose.

If we don't get 64 points will you shut up about how good Millen is? No. How many (lack of) points will make you admit Millen is out of his depth?

Just read it again , seems like more of a statement than a question to me , maybe I'm reading it wrong , maybe you've written it wrong?

anyway if it is a question you are asking , my answer would be , not a ******g chance pal.

I think its very unlikely but Millen does seem to win games in bunches and lose games in bunches. So maybe we can go on a run now. Stranger things have happened but suddenly seeing us hitting promotion form after our 2nd win in 10 games seems a bit of an overreaction.

That would certainly shut Millens critics up.

Your confrontational approach does so much more harm than good.

Rather than defending Millen through expressing your opinion followed up by facts, you choose to antagonise, which is without doubt your intention, inevitably leading to a likewise backlash when results go against us. Infact rather than being a positive force behind the current setup, you're actually an incredibly negative, provocative, one.

We have been unacceptably poor, without good reason (although injuries could have been kinder), across the entire season. How can anyone praise Millen for our season. He has signed well and nothing else. We are still deep in the mire - lose tomorrow and we are four points above relegation having played more than teams below.The fact that not getting relegated is viewed as an achievement, the pinicle of our success this season, deafeningly screams of how bad we've been.

Have I gone mad, perhaps fallen into some bizzare alternate universe?

Before Millen and subsequently Wigley took over we were an established Championship side. While Johnson's tenure fizzled out we certainly werent freefalling to relegation on his departure - believe im right in saying that a single win from the remaining nine games would have kept us up, so where has this sudden belief that survival is an achievement come from. The answer is the underachievement and failure of the very people you're desperate to heap praise on.

We have a very decent squad. Not bad, below average or, in my opinion, even average, it's decent\good. Am I honestly to believe that there are many better front lines than Maynard, Pittman, Stead and potentially Keogh? Obviously Millen hasnt had that at his disposal all year, but a potential incoming manager would lick their lips at that, that's title challenging not relegation scrapping. Add an international calibre goalkeeper, Caulker, Fontaine, Elliott, an inform Adomah, Danny Rose, apparent captains Cole Skuse and Louis Carey - dont tell me black is white, we have the personnel at very least, very least, to be comfortable in midtable.

This season has been a huge disappointment. If we stay up, and I think we will but it cannot be contested that it currently is an if, Millen has half a season, at most, to prove his worth. I dont believe that is harsh, for me that is a fair benchmark, if we have not already reached one, to judge a manager/management team who have already been financially backed over two transfer windows and are currently failing.

Your confrontational approach does so much more harm than good.

Rather than defending Millen through expressing your opinion followed up by facts, you choose to antagonise, which is without doubt your intention, inevitably leading to a likewise backlash when results go against us. Infact rather than being a positive force behind the current setup, you're actually an incredibly negative, provocative, one.

We have been unacceptably poor, without good reason (although injuries could have been kinder), across the entire season. How can anyone praise Millen for our season. He has signed well and nothing else. We are still deep in the mire - lose tomorrow and we are four points above relegation having played more than teams below.The fact that not getting relegated is viewed as an achievement, the pinicle of our success this season, deafeningly screams of how bad we've been.

Have I gone mad, perhaps fallen into some bizzare alternate universe?

Before Millen and subsequently Wigley took over we were an established Championship side. While Johnson's tenure fizzled out we certainly werent freefalling to relegation on his departure - believe im right in saying that a single win from the remaining nine games would have kept us up, so where has this sudden belief that survival is an achievement come from. The answer is the underachievement and failure of the very people you're desperate to heap praise on.

We have a very decent squad. Not bad, below average or, in my opinion, even average, it's decent\good. Am I honestly to believe that there are many better front lines than Maynard, Pittman, Stead and potentially Keogh? Obviously Millen hasnt had that at his disposal all year, but a potential incoming manager would lick their lips at that, that's title challenging not relegation scrapping. Add an international calibre goalkeeper, Caulker, Fontaine, Elliott, an inform Adomah, Danny Rose, apparent captains Cole Skuse and Louis Carey - dont tell me black is white, we have the personnel at very least, very least, the personnel to be comfortable in midtable.

This season has been a huge disappointment. If we stay up, and I think we will but it cannot be contested that it currently is an if, Millen has half a season, at most, to prove his worth. I dont believe that is harsh, for me that is a fair benchmark, if we have not already reached one, to judge a manager/management team who have already been financially backed over two transfer windows and are currently failing.

Maynard will keep us up fact, then we judge Millen November, it's a risk if things go tits up again, it means bringing in a new manager with different ideas and players he doesn't fancy, Coppells signings Millen has now sorted the ones he wants the ones to get off the wage bill asap, Cisse will turn out to be a good signing imo, Pitman excited about, Woolford again right age excited, left back we need, creative midfielder we need, he now has six months to get these players that we obviously need & strengthen in the way he feels is the way forward, players under 25 who will be the future of this club,and i really think this is his plan, a couple of old pro's as well to go with the Carey's Stead and James and i see a very good light at the end of the tunnel, Skuse will come good again, Riberio fingers cross will have some luck and get 10 games without injury, James Wilson again injury cursed will be good at this level, keep the faith, mad season all on Hull home last game let's get this nightmare of a season over with.

I think its very unlikely but Millen does seem to win games in bunches and lose games in bunches. So maybe we can go on a run now. Stranger things have happened but suddenly seeing us hitting promotion form after our 2nd win in 10 games seems a bit of an overreaction.

He's had one 'winning' run if you like,between Oct 19 & Dec 11, six wins two draws one defeat. Two 'losing' runs, the first up to Oct 16, one win three draws seven defeats and the other between December 18 and now, three wins, three draws and seven losses.

Of course if you're a glass half full person you could say, following Watford, we're now on a winning run again !

He's had one 'winning' run if you like,between Oct 19 & Dec 11, six wins two draws one defeat. Two 'losing' runs, the first up to Oct 16, one win three draws seven defeats and the other between December 18 and now, three wins, three draws and seven losses.

Of course if you're a glass half full person you could say, following Watford, we're now on a winning run again !

2 winning runs if you count last season

Well I would say, thank god for that run.. we just need 14 points from here. COYR!!

Archived