Donny 3 points

Barnsley 1 point

Millwall 1 point

Ipswich 3 points

Blades 3 points

Forest 1 point

Derby 1 point

Hull 3 points

Obviously City could lose some games I have as draws/wins but win others. Forcasting results ain't exactly an exact science.

Just one defeat between now and the end of the season?

Remarkable.

You must be fairly convinced Nicky Maynard really will end up top scorer for that to come true - not just for City but the whole division.wacko.gif

Just one defeat between now and the end of the season? Remarkable.

You must be fairly convinced Nicky Maynard really will end up top scorer for that to come true - not just for City but the whole division

As I said earlier in this thread, much depends on tomorrows result. Should City win then confidence will be high and the players more relaxed going into the Coventry game. Another win there and who knows whats possible?

Nothing to do with Maynard, he ain't going to score many without decent service. Its a team game and if the team functions as a unit then anything is possible.

I predicted early this season that City will avoid the drop and finish around mid-table. I stick to that. 64 points would be terrific but 54 would do.

As I said earlier in this thread, much depends on tomorrows result. Should City win then confidence will be high and the players more relaxed going into the Coventry game. Another win there and who knows whats possible?

Nothing to do with Maynard, he ain't going to score many without decent service. Its a team game and if the team functions as a unit then anything is possible.

I predicted early this season that City will avoid the drop and finish around mid-table. I stick to that. 64 points would be terrific but 54 would do.

You be good as a MP, back tracking and contacting yourself, you organise the planes from Libya?

This has become a cliche. How did he score 20 goals last season? Please don't say Hartley as his appearances and performances were patchy a best and as far as I recall the only goals he directly made for Nicky were against Boro and you have always insisted those passes were just hopeful long balls. Nicky always has made it happen himself and will coninue to do so.

Keef reckons he first saw the green shoots of improvement at Preston and although City lost to two soft goals against Leeds and were unlucky to lose at Leicester he feels the win at Watford has boosted the squads confidence going into the game against Scunny tomorrow.

Well.....if City can win tomorrow and get 9 points clear of the drop zone the pressure would decrease significantly and City could go on a decent run of results.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I reckon an average of two points a game is not an unrealistic target which would give City a decent tally of 64 points. That would better than the last two seasons. That would certainly shut Millens critics up.

Its all ifs and butts at the minute. IF we win every one of our remaining games we may make play offs.....IF we lose everyone of our remaining games we may get relegated.

IF we hadnt conceded two soft goals at home to Leeds we may have one....IF we hadnt conceded god knows how many soft goals all seasoin, we may be further up the table.

You say its not an "unrealistic target"......however you base this on what? a great win in the week fair enough, however when was our last goal at home? our last win at home? I find it amazing how after one fantastic win some people seem to think we have turned the corner.

If we finish on 64 points....I'll eat my hat, without ketchup. Your expecting 26 points from our last 13 games or so.....when we have only managed 38 in 33

Keef reckons he first saw the green shoots of improvement at Preston and although City lost to two soft goals against Leeds and were unlucky to lose at Leicester he feels the win at Watford has boosted the squads confidence going into the game against Scunny tomorrow.

Well.....if City can win tomorrow and get 9 points clear of the drop zone the pressure would decrease significantly and City could go on a decent run of results.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I reckon an average of two points a game is not an unrealistic target which would give City a decent tally of 64 points. That would better than the last two seasons. That would certainly shut Millens critics up.

a bit like how Johnson shut you up you mean??

I was reminded of this when watching the highlights. Watford could have been out of sight by half time. This is a common theme with Millen. He just gets it wrong time-and-time again in the first half. You'd think he'd analyse the opposition and prepare for them rather than waiting for a half of football to happen....

He didn't get the tactics wrong at Watford. We let in a goal because the left side of our defence went awol, Fontaine missed the ball and it broke to the guy running in. Individual errors, nothing to do with tactics.

James made one really good save in the first half, but we had our own chances as well. We weren't massively outplayed and didn't change things dramatically at half time.

So the "game of two halves" thing, with KM changing things at half time, has certainly happened in a number of games, but Watford wasn't one of them.

I think KM has now found the formation he's happy with (and with the arrival of Woolford has the personnel to make it work), and apart from changing some individuals (Pitman for Clarkson, maybe) I think he'll stick to it from here on in. And I think it'll be good enough to see us safe this season.

I think KM has now found the formation he's happy with (and with the arrival of Woolford has the personnel to make it work), and apart from changing some individuals (Pitman for Clarkson, maybe) I think he'll stick to it from here on in. And I think it'll be good enough to see us safe this season.

I don't think its simply co-incidence that City's improved form is in part due to Clarkson playing deeper and having a greater influence in City's attacking play. The other factors are the arrival of a genuine left sided player in Woolford and Cisse to have finally settled in and found some decent form. Elliot is now more able to get into the opposition box as his recent two headed goals show.

Win today and I fancy City to go on a good run of form.

We have a very decent squad. Not bad, below average or, in my opinion, even average, it's decent\good. Am I honestly to believe that there are many better front lines than Maynard, Pittman, Stead and potentially Keogh? Obviously Millen hasnt had that at his disposal all year, but a potential incoming manager would lick their lips at that, that's title challenging not relegation scrapping. Add an international calibre goalkeeper, Caulker, Fontaine, Elliott, an inform Adomah, Danny Rose, apparent captains Cole Skuse and Louis Carey - dont tell me black is white, we have the personnel at very least, very least, to be comfortable in midtable.

There are obviously some quite polarised opinions on this. I don't agree that we have good squad. We have enough players to put out a good team when everyone's fit, but we are seriously short of quality back up in many areas. I agree with you about our front men now - any two of the four could make a decent forward line. But Keogh wasn't here for most of the season and Maynard wasn't available. We are really short of decent cover at the back, don't have a creative midfielder at the club and have a lot of mediocre players.

IMO all the following players are either not good enough or past their sell-by dates, and to say that we have a good squad we need better players as back up: Nyatanga, Sproule, JCR, Clarkson, Hunt, Stewart, Johnson. I would add Carey to that list simply because he is past his best - but I do realise he has done a decent job this season. Lots of people would add McAllister, and you can certainly add Akinde, Haynes (as a forward) and perhaps Gavin Williams to that list from the players who've left. That's a lot of players who (IMO) would struggle to keep us comfortably in mid-table. Take out the youngsters who haven't quite made it into the team and it represents getting on for half the squad.

So for a lot of this season I think our squad has been pretty ordinary, but is slowly getting better.

Does that mean KM is necessarily a good manager? No, and he's certainly made mistakes. But there have also been some good signs, and I'm not going to judge him on this season, and certainly not on the basis that he's had a good squad to work with.

I don't think its simply co-incidence that City's improved form is in part due to Clarkson playing deeper and having a greater influence in City's attacking play. The other factors are the arrival of a genuine left sided player in Woolford and Cisse to have finally settled in and found some decent form. Elliot is now more able to get into the opposition box as his recent two headed goals show.

Win today and I fancy City to go on a good run of form.

I'm very optimistic about today, and get the feeling that some confidence is coming back to the team.

I think Cisse being in the middle plus having a proper left-sided player has had an enormous effect on the way the team ticks, and I agree that having Cisse there allows Marv to get forward without leaving us too exposed at the back - the goal at Watford particularly demonstrates this, being from open play (wasn't the Leicester goal from a corner, which is a bit different)?

People are obviously seeing more in Clarkson than I'm noticing at the moment. I didn't think he had much influence at all at Watford, but someone else on here thought he was MoM. I'll have to keep an eye on what he's doing to see what I'm missing.

We have enough players to put out a good team when everyone's fit, but we are seriously short of quality back up in many areas. We are really short of decent cover at the back, don't have a creative midfielder at the club and have a lot of mediocre players.

I think it's well recognised that we failed to replace Hartley, who ironically was incredibly indifferent last year, while a couple of full backs, one either side, are required due to Hunt's apparent failure and as competition for McAllister.

Clearly it is a game of opinions but of the players you dismiss as mediocre id say JCR, Clarkson, Stewart, Johnson and Carey should all be considered excellent depth, if that is the role they are to play. No doubt im in the minority here, but I like Sproule as a squad player too.

Campbell-Ryce in particular gets an incredibly rough ride. He's consistently asked to operate on his weaker foot, has been played in a middle three, and appears to have fallen into this scape-goat category, unjustly in my view.

Clarkson, as fourth or more likely fifth choice striker, is a sign of outstanding depth.

Stewart has had a bumpy ride to date but has proven he has the ability, if not consistently at this club.

We're not Man City clearly, but when you can play a backup XI, if everyone was fit, of;

Gerken, Hunt, Riberio, Stewart, Nyatanga, Sproule, Johnson, Skuse, Campbell-Ryce, Clarkson, Pittman;

I dont think your squad is too shabby. If you look at it on paper, and obviously football isnt played on such, the defence features a full back with over 100 top flight appearences, a Championship rivals player of the year two (?) seasons ago, complemented by two players with International honours. In midfield, over the course of a season a Johnson/Skuse partnership would at very least be competitive in this division, Sproule is certainly more a hit or miss impact sub than a 46 game consistent but he can change games, and his delivery really isnt as bad as is constantly made out. The other three, JCR, Clarkson and Pittman have all played important first team roles this season.

Every club in this league will have their weak areas, that's both inevitable and the progressive nature of football. So I think for us to highlight our weaknesses, in a manner which perhaps suggests other teams have perfectly rounded squads, is both misleading and overlooking the extent of depth we have here.

The flip side, of course, is that the ideal evolutionary state of a football squad is that you replace your depth with first team starters, which in turn creates better competition and subsequently depth. Replacing any of that back up XI with first team quality can only be a good thing but that doesnt necessarily mean we have a poor squad.

So for a lot of this season I think our squad has been pretty ordinary, but is slowly getting better.

Injuries have been pretty tough but, personally, I would look more toward Millen's tactical indecision than a depleted squad for reassoning on our current plight.

Your confrontational approach does so much more harm than good.

Rather than defending Millen through expressing your opinion followed up by facts, you choose to antagonise, which is without doubt your intention, inevitably leading to a likewise backlash when results go against us. Infact rather than being a positive force behind the current setup, you're actually an incredibly negative, provocative, one.

He doesn't try to be a "positive force behind the current setup".

He just tries to wind people up all the time.

Just when I thought that pretty much everything I said about Johnson turned out to be completely right.

If you say so buddy. The fact that so many people on this forum ridicule you, says otherwise. You stated GJ was a conference manager, yet not only did he take us up, he nearly did the unthinkable and took us to the promised land. He ran out if ideas, simple as. It happens, thats football! So no, everything you said was completely wrong

Archived