IGNORED

Stuff In The Shop

Lack of Action Man

Anyone else think stuff in the City "megastore" has been better this year? Think the change to addidas has been a good move seeing plenty of people with this years home and away shirts on match days and a few with James keeper shirts. Also thought the casual range was slightly better than previous offerings. Could the shop-based revenue have increased this year maybe? :dunno:

Only thing now is to actually get a megastore and not the minute shop that we currently have.

Little dissapointed Xmas time, i wanted to buy the Signed shirt in the corner with £200 price tag said its for show u have to pre order. The same was with nearly half the things in the glass cabinet the drink glasses, tumblers etc and also the pictures of the squad line up at Wembley and the ones which are stiched as soon as u go through the door to the right everything to pre order and would arrive 2-4 weeks later? which wasnt good enough, ok i admit my own fault trying to get xmas pressies bit late. i was desperate to buy the shirt so now i wouldnt pay the £200 i would just get it signed myself in person. other than that the shop looks better :closedeyes:

Think it might be hand-in-hand with the media dept; the signed, framed photo stuff is genius, and a lovely touch. If I were a few years younger I'd love to get something like that at Christmas. I don't think we do too bad commercially for a club of our stature, and the club shop looks the part with the Adidas re-branding last summer.

The Adidas kit is great and they have some good offers on at the moment. We bought a kid's tracksuit on Satrurday for £25 (originally £55), and kids training tops were a tenner.

I get the feeling though that the club may have over-ordered this year thinking that we were going to have a really successful season (copell, james etc). They have been discounting kit for ages plus I see they are trying to sell kit to local clubs.

Yeah have to agree myself that the kit has definetly been of a higher standard particulary the leisure /training wear.

My wife though has been having a moan as there doesnt appear to be any new ladies stuff and what is there is the leftovers from the previous season. This would appear to be an area where the club could be losing out as there are more and more women now attending matches.

I would love City to produce a retro range. Cotton replica shirts from the 60's and 70's. I know you can buy them from TOFFs, but i'm sure many fans would buy them from the megastore. Not everyone wants to wear Polyester or be walking around like an advertising hoarding. Plain shirt with City badge please.

Anyone else think stuff in the City "megastore" has been better this year? Think the change to addidas has been a good move seeing plenty of people with this years home and away shirts on match days and a few with James keeper shirts. Also thought the casual range was slightly better than previous offerings. Could the shop-based revenue have increased this year maybe? :dunno:

Only thing now is to actually get a megastore and not the minute shop that we currently have.

Pity the manners of the shop staff have not improved, in keeping with the stock being offered for sale.

Just went to purchase two Training Polo's for £20 as advertised in Saturdays programme in black and white yet when I went to the checkout the total due was £54????? Tried again and got the same total.

Now I know that there will be a delivery charge but £34????

MESSAGE TO THE CLUB SHOP - TRADING STANDARDS ARE WATCHING..................

PS - The same Trading Standards that are presently investigating Nicky Hunts credentials as an "alleged" professional footbballer

bruce_h4h.gifbruce_h4h.gifbruce_h4h.gifbruce_h4h.gif

Just went to purchase two Training Polo's for £20 as advertised in Saturdays programme in black and white yet when I went to the checkout the total due was £54????? Tried again and got the same total.

Now I know that there will be a delivery charge but £34????

MESSAGE TO THE CLUB SHOP - TRADING STANDARDS ARE WATCHING..................

PS - The same Trading Standards that are presently investigating Nicky Hunts credentials as an "alleged" professional footbballer

bruce_h4h.gifbruce_h4h.gifbruce_h4h.gifbruce_h4h.gif

I think it was a club shop offer because I got two for £20 on Saturday and just looked on website and they're £25 each

Yeah im sure i read somewhere that it was only going to be an offer for the weekend in the shop and not online. Got mine on sat too seams a bit odd how they have got lots of things on sale so early and we will still be having Adidas again next season!! not complaning tho! :dancing2:

I would love City to produce a retro range. Cotton replica shirts from the 60's and 70's. I know you can buy them from TOFFs, but i'm sure many fans would buy them from the megastore. Not everyone wants to wear Polyester or be walking around like an advertising hoarding. Plain shirt with City badge please.

From a consumer point of view I agree.

Sadly from a commercial view, no hope. Why produce something with no expiry date to compete with a range of your own goods that all need replacing next August and indeed every season. Replacement purchase is a key feature of what they sell.

I'm waiting for the club shop to sell toilet paper with each sheet coloured in blue & white quarters. :dancing2:

I'd also appreciate going back to the days when they had a large cardboard box on the counter containing programmes at least 2 seasons old of assorted clubs they sold off for a matter of pence. Even got the 1970 World Cup Final programme in there once.

Little dissapointed Xmas time, i wanted to buy the Signed shirt in the corner with £200 price tag said its for show u have to pre order. The same was with nearly half the things in the glass cabinet the drink glasses, tumblers etc and also the pictures of the squad line up at Wembley and the ones which are stiched as soon as u go through the door to the right everything to pre order and would arrive 2-4 weeks later? which wasnt good enough, ok i admit my own fault trying to get xmas pressies bit late. i was desperate to buy the shirt so now i wouldnt pay the £200 i would just get it signed myself in person. other than that the shop looks better :closedeyes:

At a guess, the club only order the expensive stuff when someone wants it. That way they avoid buying stock that doesn't sell.

Sadly from a commercial view, no hope. Why produce something with no expiry date to compete with a range of your own goods that all need replacing next August and indeed every season. Replacement purchase is a key feature of what they sell.

I see where you are going with this, but they could release them as part of a collection, 1 every year or two until we have all City's shirts from year dot - put a badge on them saying 'celebrating city year dot - 2011' year dot being the original kits date - I don't think a lot of these would be in competition with our main kits (a lot would not even be red and/or white).

My only problem is with the size of some of the shirts. The home shirt is a smaller size than last years. I know people will say don't be so fat etc but I still think it's poor. The quality mind is so so much better.

This, very irritating.

I Wore a medium Puma, the medium Adidas is more like a Youth Large! I haven't gained any weight in a season but I was left with a shirt I could not return as I bought it on the way back to Germany :ranting:

Why not...Manchester Utd and other clubs do. They are huge sellers. see link http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_browse.aspx?category%7ccategory_root%7c1546=fashion&category%7ccat_1546%7c1806=mens&category%7ccat_1806%7c3969=retro+shirts

There are many fans that don't buy replica jerseys, because they don't like Polyester or walking around like an advertising hoarding. There is a whole market out there to be tapped into. Retro sells well. Jerseys and Tracksuits would all do well imho.

Having home and away shirts from our 1976 Promotion Team would be great, and sell well. With a nice number 10 on the back :dancing2:

Archived