IGNORED

Ribs Playing Saturday

spudski

Good to hear, probably our best natural RB- certainly in an attacking sense. Always found it odd for a while though, how he could do the business for Wales U21's- notably a goal in a win over Italy U21, but not get into our 1st XI all that often.

I wouldn't class Wales u21 as any sort of respectable standard of football whatsoever!

Him making the full wales squad however is enough to raise a few eyebrows

Good to hear, probably our best natural RB- certainly in an attacking sense. Always found it odd for a while though, how he could do the business for Wales U21's- notably a goal in a win over Italy U21, but not get into our 1st XI all that often.

Its because he's always injured!

but not get into our 1st XI all that often.

Imo Ribiero is not a natural defender at all and would be better utilised in midfield or even as a right winger. He's got good feet, is pacy and loves to get forwad.

His defending leaves alot to be desired. At Hull he was shocking, caught out of position too often and torn apart by Stewart. Similiar to what happened to him Pompey when Utaka ripped him to shreds.Probably down to inexperince and Millen 'rested' him after both games if I remember rightly.

Its because he's always injured!

Yep.

Saturday will be our 35th league game of the season, by my reckoning he's been available for selection for just 14 of them so far.

If this was any other player on City's books I think this forum would be full of what an injury prone, waste of wages that the player was, the fact is he needs to significantly improve his dismal injury record to be worth persevering with.

I would let Ribs go at the end of the season but with some type of sell on clause.

Can you really see any team taking on such a clause?

Opposition manager/director of football - "Let us sign up your injury ravaged player whom you are only releasing because he breaks down so often. Once we are committed to paying his wages for the next x years (plus any signing on or transfer fee), we will then invest in his training and development too, any medical bills, and cover his salary during periods out injured again. And I'll tell you what, if he doesn't make it we take all the loss, but if he does make it, would you like half of the profit?"

Npw that would be a coup.....

Can you really see any team taking on such a clause?

Opposition manager/director of football - "Let us sign up your injury ravaged player whom you are only releasing because he breaks down so often. Once we are committed to paying his wages for the next x years (plus any signing on or transfer fee), we will then invest in his training and development too, any medical bills, and cover his salary during periods out injured again. And I'll tell you what, if he doesn't make it we take all the loss, but if he does make it, would you like half of the profit?"

Npw that would be a coup.....

Didn't we get Doncaster to do most of that with Steve Brooker - talking of whom , did I hear his name on a trailer for some TV programme, something to do with working in a mud bath?? or was it all a crazy dream :tumbleweed:

Sell Christian Ribeiro? :D Come on, the only player to come out of our academy in recent years who may actually make the first team and you wanna get rid of him?

Top player, Robbored got it right when he said his defending leaves a lot to be desired but he's only played a handful of games, he's not going to be 100% yet. Very unlucky with injuries, but he's from our academy, he will be a relatively low earner and as such should be completely insignificant compared to other players on the wage bill. Even if he worst case scenario occurs and he does turn out to be on the injury list for the next 2 years or so, we can get rid of him then safely knowing we haven't "wasted" too much money on wages, certainly compared to other players.

This kid could be class with the right tutoring, give him a chance :D.

I hate to day it but I can't see Ribs ever being more than "potential". His injury record for someone so young is simply awful, theres something definitely not quite right there.

A lot of players have injury problems when they're young - I recall Steven Gerrard always seemed injured (although having looked through his stats he played more often than Ribeiro). He's 21 this year; I say give him until he's 23 to see if the injuries clear up. Most exciting youth product since Cotterill, easily. We need to stop throwing our academy players away.

I would really love to see him give Edwards a chance, nothing wrong with seeing who is about on the loan market but i would give Edwards a chance at Coventry if it don't work out then bring someone in you never know. I wouldn't be surprised though if he doesn't manage to bring anyone in Cisse plays there.

I would really love to see him give Edwards a chance, nothing wrong with seeing who is about on the loan market but i would give Edwards a chance at Coventry if it don't work out then bring someone in you never know. I wouldn't be surprised though if he doesn't manage to bring anyone in Cisse plays there.

Because Cisse in defence has been a resounding success every time we've tried....!?!

Sadly I also agree that there's a real prospect of that happening! Or even JCR! (Didn't he try him at left back one away game this season...?)

Should be Joe Edwards all the way though. How much of a lack of understanding of this club's fans does Millen (and GJ before him to an even greater success) have to believe that if they put a kid in and he plays poorly that we're going to turn on him and then his confidence is gone. We've all been crying out for youth to be given a chance for years, and would be extra supportive of our young 'uns if given a chance. Certainly couldn't see the crowd turning on him as they'd all appreciate his age and experience.

How much of a lack of understanding of this club's fans does Millen (and GJ before him to an even greater success) have to believe that if they put a kid in and he plays poorly that we're going to turn on him and then his confidence is gone. We've all been crying out for youth to be given a chance for years, and would be extra supportive of our young 'uns if given a chance. Certainly couldn't see the crowd turning on him as they'd all appreciate his age and experience.

To be fair to Millen he was the one who put Riberio in the team against Newcastle last season,.

How much of a lack of understanding of this club's fans does Millen (and GJ before him to an even greater success) have to believe that if they put a kid in and he plays poorly that we're going to turn on him and then his confidence is gone. We've all been crying out for youth to be given a chance for years, and would be extra supportive of our young 'uns if given a chance. Certainly couldn't see the crowd turning on him as they'd all appreciate his age and experience.

I hope you're right. But in recent years I also remember fans getting on the backs of Dave Cotterill, Jennison Myrie-Williams, and even Leroy Lita a little in his early days. I'm not sure how patient our fans are to be honest, whether with youth or others.

evil post says he won't be playing and if no one comes in it looks like Joe Edwards will get the nod because the club think hunt is crap

... replace the words 'the club' with 'anyone who's seen him play' and the word 'think' with 'know' and that satement would be true.

To be fair to Millen he was the one who put Riberio in the team against Newcastle last season,.

True, but it's also Millen who has played everyone out of position in Jamie Macs position (and not very successfully either) rather than Joe Edwards, who can play at either full back position. Come Saturday we'll see I guess...

Archived