IGNORED

City Players In The Prem'

ralphindevon

If Nicky Maynard does go to play in the top flight am I right in thinking he will be the only ex City player for a while to do so?

Over the years since we were up there ourselves we always seem to have had a stream of ex players to look out for. From Gerry Gow to Any Cole.

The closest I can think of is Jason Roberts who was just on loan and more associated with the other lot.

And to think we had a team a couple of years ago the was 90 minutes from reaching the dizzy heights, where are they all playing now? Some in the lower divisions one even non league.

I suppose Brad Orr could become the only one from that team to make it.

Anyway it says something about the quality of player we have signed over the last 5- 10 years.

If Nicky Maynard does go to play in the top flight am I right in thinking he will be the only ex City player for a while to do so?

Over the years since we were up there ourselves we always seem to have had a stream of ex players to look out for. From Gerry Gow to Any Cole.

The closest I can think of is Jason Roberts who was just on loan and more associated with the other lot.

And to think we had a team a couple of years ago the was 90 minutes from reaching the dizzy heights, where are they all playing now? Some in the lower divisions one even non league.

I suppose Brad Orr could become the only one from that team to make it.

Anyway it says something about the quality of player we have signed over the last 5- 10 years.

You say quality of players in the last five to ten years seeing we were in Div One in that time and the inflated prices you have to pay for home grown talent and that most Prem clubs rather go aboard than gambling on unproven English players make this a big factor imo.

None of these or Lita have been in the last few seasons.

Define last few seasons?! Lita played in the PL during the 07/08 season.

Matt Hill played in the PL last season too :)

You say quality of players in the last five to ten years seeing we were in Div One in that time and the inflated prices you have to pay for home grown talent and that most Prem clubs rather go aboard than gambling on unproven English players make this a big factor imo.

Yes, that's a good point, years ago the top flight was over 90% British players now it's much less.

It's also why I can never get too excited about the Premier league.

And when you consider the percentage of Foreign players in the Prem, it just goes to show how many British players are languishing in the reserves or playing lower league football.

It highlights how poor the standard of British player is by comparison. And this all stems from poor Coaching by British coaches at grass roots level.

And yet still, English Clubs in general, feel the need to use English players and English coaches to get out of the league we are in. Then, if they make the grade to the Prem, they offload them all one by one, and fill the team with Foreign players to be competitive.

Unbelievable logic, when you think about it.

Define last few seasons?! Lita played in the PL during the 07/08 season.

Matt Hill played in the PL last season too :)

Well I was thinking about right now, this season or last.

Must admit I forgot about Matt Hill's brief encounter. Sorry Matt.

The thing that surprised me most was the team that nearly got us there, you would of thought a team capable of getting that close would have a few players that would of gone on to make it, but besides maybe Orr, who else is ever likely to now?

And when you consider the percentage of Foreign players in the Prem, it just goes to show how many British players are languishing in the reserves or playing lower league football.

It highlights how poor the standard of British player is by comparison. And this all stems from poor Coaching by British coaches at grass roots level.

And yet still, English Clubs in general, feel the need to use English players and English coaches to get out of the league we are in. Then, if they make the grade to the Prem, they offload them all one by one, and fill the team with Foreign players to be competitive.

Unbelievable logic, when you think about it.

Not wanting to be picky - but when ever has logic prevailed in football?

Getting back ontrack - the players in the team that beat Palarse in the play off season have all declined without exception, even in my opinion Bradley Orr and Marvin Elliott. Whereas a couple of the Palarse team are now playing a resonable standard in the prem, even the grey haired I love you Derry is playing well at qpr.

Archived