IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Riaz

What do you think?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I spent 27 years of my working life as a trained NHS counsellor, all of it working with client group that are notorious for having issues with self-awareness. I saw the same symptoms in Gary Johnsons departure interview as I saw in many hundreds of clients that I saw over the years.

Thats how I know.

Firstly i'd say definate legend,

Secondly Robbored ... oh dear where to start.

So what if you have worked in the NHS for 27 years in those 27 years have you got the experience or intellect to explain what "issues with self awareness" are, I mean is it bad to be self aware or to have self awareness. personally i dont think so...

My wife has worked in the NHS for 25 years worked herself up through the ranks but remains on the front line, The NHS have many many type of councillors some very good some not so.

I wonder what category you'd fall into, I mean as a person who had a position of responsibility as a chairman, you abused it.

Then lost it, then proceded to abuse the person you held accountable for you losing it, from a councillor that is a concern.

I just hope you were more professional in your choice as councillor than you were as a chairman.

oh and you seem to have anger issues..

TTFN

Robbo, as someone who knows a little on this subject too can you clarify what you mean by 'issues with self awareness'?  because I've never really heard that used to describe somones behaviour before.

The answer to that would be far too complicated for this forum but if you really want to know feel free to pm me.

oh and you seem to have anger issues.

I have anger issues! Dear oh dear.......

And you've just written a whole reply slagging me off, all of it completely inaccurate. Putting you're feelings onto another person is known as 'transferance' Common psychological symptom. Looks like you've been doing it.

'Stay anonymous' Who?

Not me. Theres nothing witheld on my profile. You must mean someone else.

Robbored - feel free to complete the following:

Robbored's real name is ........................................[insert name]

I have anger issues! Dear oh dear.......

And you've just written a whole reply slagging me off, all of it completely inaccurate. Putting you're feelings onto another person is known as 'transferance' Common psychological symptom. Looks like you've been doing it.

Robbo i dont beleive i slagged you off, I as you stated your profession of 27 years asked where the self awareness bore from.

I mentioned councillors some good some bad, I dont know how you worked, but I could hazzard a guess.

I then stated about your position as chair and councillor both positions of trust, I used a comparision there, thats all..

Anger issues never said i dont have any, but I own mine, dont need or want to transfer, how about you dear sir.

I havent posted over god knows how many posts about one man, there was my reason for beleving you had anger issues..

If i'm wrong..............tough

Robbo i dont beleive i slagged you off, I as you stated your profession of 27 years asked where the self awareness bore from.

I mentioned councillors some good some bad, I dont know how you worked, but I could hazzard a guess.

I then stated about your position as chair and councillor both positions of trust, I used a comparision there, thats all..

Anger issues never said i dont have any, but I own mine, dont need or want to transfer, how about you dear sir.

I havent posted over god knows how many posts about one man, there was my reason for beleving you had anger issues..

If i'm wrong..............tough

no you told him some home truths and he called them inaccurate. its a well known psychological situation called denial

Robbo i dont beleive i slagged you off, I as you stated your profession of 27 years asked where the self awareness bore from.I mentioned councillors some good some bad, I dont know how you worked, but I could hazzard a guess.I then stated about your position as chair and councillor both positions of trust, I used a comparision there,

Wow - this thread is getting really bitchy! At the end of the day, we all love BCFC guys - personally abusing someone for the way they may or may not have done their job in the NHS seems a bit unnecessary.

Threads that end up being described as such often have a common link.

Yes, we have read it all before - about 200 times.

I was having a pint of Bristol's finest when i saw the breaking news on SKY and the first thought, the forums going to get bitchy tonight, Robbored most probably more excited than a kid in a sweet shop with anticipation to get on is high horse and give us his usual crap.

Wow - this thread is getting really bitchy! At the end of the day, we all love BCFC guys - personally abusing someone for the way they may or may not have done their job in the NHS seems a bit unnecessary.

Agree Martyn it is, And yes we do all love BCFC at least i think we all do,

However if you read my original post i dont feel i did slag him off, However if you do reread and still feel the same then i'm sorry, I said I'd Hazzard a guess not that i knew...... but hey ho.

Indeed, a very substancial pay off. I'm surprised he took the Posh job so quickly. He certainly didn't need to.

Hodgson i should imagine is a lot richer and got a fair bit more of a pay off than Johnson, why did he take the WBA job so soon after Liverpool, passion for football, Johnson interview on Soccer AM he can't handle Saturday afternoons without football, he will get another chance one day in the championship.

Agree Martyn it is, And yes we do all love BCFC at least i think we all do,

However if you read my original post i dont feel i did slag him off, However if you do reread and still feel the same then i'm sorry, I said I'd Hazzard a guess not that i knew...... but hey ho.

Like your profile pic Lammers. Did you do it yourself?

I spent 27 years of my working life as a trained NHS counsellor, all of it working with client group that are notorious for having issues with self-awareness. I saw the same symptoms in Gary Johnsons departure interview as I saw in many hundreds of clients that I saw over the years.

Thats how I know.

is this what they call the caring NHS. You use your experience and qualifications to identify personality problems and then abuse him, is that another NHS ploy to keep waiting lists down?. When you bottled out of owning up to who you were to him, perhaps he was going to ask you for professional help or perhaps even offer you some more mini bus driving work.

I suspect younger fans will think he is, whereas older fans who have seen the likes of Dicks and Cooper may have a more tempered view.

He certainly turned the fortunes of the club around reasonably quickly, and nearly made it two on the bounce, but things were not quite right even during the final run in of the play off season.

Form had dipped and we lost out on the auto spot we had occupied for quite a while.

He had a certain style, some liked it others didn't.

But it was clear he had lost direction and was pretty devoid of new ideas in the season following the play offs and IMO he should have gone much sooner than he did.

More along the lines of how Forest moved Calderwood on as part of the process of seeking to get to next level.

Legend is these days a cheapened and overused term.

Popular? Without a doubt. A media and fans' character? Of course. Successful? For a short and enjoyable while, yes.

Legend? No I can't quite think him in such terms. I'd be looking for just a bit more than what he did achieve while he was here.

In fact I think the team under Jordan was more exciting and entertaining. So I would put GJ behind AD, TC and JJ during my time following City.

Agree with that being a younger fan myself, although I hope someone will surpass his achievements, giving me a real legend too idolise.

Although I do appreciate we already have plenty of club legends, but I find it hard to idolise these as I have never seen their individual contributions to City.

Heres to future legends. :drunk2:

Millen anyone? :cool:

Cooper was the manager 1986 my first season of watching in the old open end, amazing what he done with the budget a legend, then i would put in order Johnson, Jordan & Ward, what pisses me of about Jordan is i feel we could of achieved a lot more if he didn't piss of to Hearts i think it was.

Robbored said GJ was not a city legend. But surely if 82% of city fans say he's a legend, then surely he is a legend?!

Not for the first time robbo is wrong!

No 82% of this forum says Gj is a legend, which doesn't even come close to representing even a small minority of City fans views across the spectrum, so you could say that according to this forum Robbo is wrong, but then you could ask that about most things and 82% of this forum would say the Robbo was wrong.

Gj is not a legend, the word is far, far to overused these days, many people on here who are saying that Gj is a legend for this and that reason and whining when people point out his payoff will also hapily point out that the AG 8 by tearing up their contracts secured themselfs payoffs that they wouldn't have gotten had the club been liquidated.

Johnson was comfortably up there with the best managers we have had in my years of supporting and most likely the best as i wasn't really aware of Jordans first tenure in charge. But legend **** no. We only have 2 managers that can be considered legends and that is Cooper and Dicks, both have done far more for this club than Johnson really could have dreamed of doing, one gave this club it's only meaningful top flight tenure and the other dragged us from the duldrums, lets face it mincing around in league 1 for 10 years is nothing compared to the shit we were in in 82/83.

Had Gj got us up and kept us up even just once then in my eyes he would have been a legend, but he didn't, he nearly achieved greatness but sadly failed at the largest and most important hurdle, (thats in no way a pop at GJ, as not many wouldn't have failed before Gj let alone got us that far) but the man is not a legend by any stretch of the imagination, best manager we've had in my time supporting City, most probably, but legend no.

No 82% of this forum says Gj is a legend, which doesn't even come close to representing even a small minority of City fans views across the spectrum, so you could say that according to this forum Robbo is wrong, but then you could ask that about most things and 82% of this forum would say the Robbo was wrong.

Gj is not a legend, the word is far, far to overused these days, many people on here who are saying that Gj is a legend for this and that reason and whining when people point out his payoff will also hapily point out that the AG 8 by tearing up their contracts secured themselfs payoffs that they wouldn't have gotten had the club been liquidated.

Johnson was comfortably up there with the best managers we have had in my years of supporting and most likely the best as i wasn't really aware of Jordans first tenure in charge. But legend **** no. We only have 2 managers that can be considered legends and that is Cooper and Dicks, both have done far more for this club than Johnson really could have dreamed of doing, one gave this club it's only meaningful top flight tenure and the other dragged us from the duldrums, lets face it mincing around in league 1 for 10 years is nothing compared to the shit we were in in 82/83.

Had Gj got us up and kept us up even just once then in my eyes he would have been a legend, but he didn't, he nearly achieved greatness but sadly failed at the largest and most important hurdle, (thats in no way a pop at GJ, as not many wouldn't have failed before Gj let alone got us that far) but the man is not a legend by any stretch of the imagination, best manager we've had in my time supporting City, most probably, but legend no.

I was of course assuming that its a reflection of city fans in general. I think most city fans would call him a legend. He might not be a legend by YOUR definition, but if the majority think he is a legend in their own interpretation of the word - then surely he is!

Cooper was the manager 1986 my first season of watching in the old open end, amazing what he done with the budget a legend, then i would put in order Johnson, Jordan & Ward, what pisses me of about Jordan is i feel we could of achieved a lot more if he didn't piss of to Hearts i think it was.

Can't argue with any of that!

And when he came back it just wasn't the same.

In this case the saying that a football manager should never go back was very true!

Archived