IGNORED

Play Offs, Can We?

Tins

Before you start slating this here is my predictions

BCFC: Norwich 1, Burnley 1, Donny 3, Barnsley 3, Millwall 3, Ipswich 3, Sheff Utd 3, Forest 0, Derby 3, Hull 1. 68

Portsmouth 67

Millwall 63

Watford 66

Leicester 74

Hull 65

Reading 74

Burnley 72

Leeds 74

If e.g Leicester, Reading, Leeds, Burnley have some shock results like Forest did tonight then you never know??

BCFC: Norwich 1, Burnley 1, Donny 3, Barnsley 3, Millwall 3, Ipswich 3, Sheff Utd 3, Forest 0, Derby 3, Hull 1. 68

Portsmouth 67

Millwall 63

Watford 66

Leicester 74

Hull 65

Reading 74

Burnley 72

Leeds 74

If e.g Leicester, Reading, Leeds, Burnley have some shock results like Forest did tonight then you never know??

Portsmouth 67

Millwall 63

Watford 66

Leicester 74

Hull 65

Reading 74

Burnley 72

Leeds 74

I think we do.

And the rest of the seven teams between us and sixth place too presumably?

Not a prayer, when has 68 points been enough even if we could hit auto promotion form for the rest of the season?

Even if we amasses 20 points it would mean Forest would have to only collect 9 points, if they didn't you fancy Burnley to get 12 points with 12 games left. Realistically it would take the form of our lives to get in. Let's finish top ten and plan for next season :)

Portsmouth 67

Millwall 63

Watford 66

Leicester 74

Hull 65

Reading 74

Burnley 72

Leeds 74

God Bless

Do we stand a chance...not much of a one! However the fact someone can post this is a testiment to the change we have experienced recently!

Well done to the side KM and SL for not bowing to pressure (although I suspect he doesn't take much notice of whats said on here) KM is starting to really build a team and I suspect the managment will be telling the players that late runs have happend to the play offs before!

Very tough ask!

BUT

The longer the winning run continues the longer the dream is alive! We are 12 pts behind Forest with them still to come at home - if we can win that the gap is effectively 9pts. If we keep winning and they drop a few points you never know...

There are 30 pts to play for - 77 pts would be plenty enough so not mathematically impossible.

I don't believe we will do it but keep winning and if it's still a possibility with a few games left anything can happen!

Going back over the last umpteen seasons, 73/74 points seems to be the minimum requirement.

Win 9, loose 1from the remaining fixtures - dont think so.

I would rather we focussed on developing our young players - not sure why we are now doing this favour for West Ham/Tottenham/Wolves instead at the moment, when we have the likes of Ribeiro, Edwards, Wilson(?), Pitman etc to give some more valuable championship experience to.

The only other motive for putting player development behind chasing more points is to bolster season ticket sales through finishing higher up the table with a momentum - but lets face it its going to be 12k anyway!

Even if we were to make the play off's, and go up...which is such a stupid thought, I don't know why i'm writing this, but anyway... Would it in the long run benefit the Club?

Personally, I think it would be more damaging, long term. We just aren't ready for it.

A manager with only 6 months experience and probably only 3 players who could compete at Prem level...

Giving 2 months in the summer to sort a squad out, to be even competive...Not a chance.

Archived