IGNORED

When The Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin Along

Keith_Lemon

Was a nice song to hear last night. Worked well for us in my opinion. But I had no idea who sung that version last night. Was not Al Jolson. Anyone know who it was? Was a very different version to originals.

Gotta be honest, I dont know who that version was by! It was a CD that a fan brought to a game last season and asked me to play. I found it again last night so thought I would play it!

Did you like it or prefer the old Al Jolson version?

Gotta be honest, I dont know who that version was by! It was a CD that a fan brought to a game last season and asked me to play. I found it again last night so thought I would play it!

Did you prefer it?

It was alright but prefer Als version.

Always used to be played when I started watching.much better than now should be played all the time

Agree it should be played every game,its our tune after all,and I couldn't care less what the opposition fans change the words to.

Al's version was great ofcourse. Cannot forget him for his shows and black faced acts. Which this day and age would be considered racist.

I felt last night's version had a bit more excitement to it, and worked very well down the ground.

Should become a main theme for us was absolutely brilliant. And if memory serves me right this song was used for Bristol City during the 1950's and 1960's. So Im all for one to bring it back.

OH WHEN THE RED RED ROBBIN GO BOB BOB BOBBIN ALONG!!!

Have been thinking lately that we should be playing this song at every home game.

It's a big part of City's history and should not be forgotten.

Remember it being played in the old 1st division days, a big part of the match day ritual I feel.

Ok then well I shall try and play it every game then!

Cheers for the feedback guys!

I take back my comment on another thread suggesting that no one at the club takes any notice of what's written on here!

The Al J version is wonderful!

Thanks for agreeing to do that, i came on months ago making the same request. I still remember the guy with the world war two metal helmit and robin sign walking around the pitch pre kick off in the late 50's, happy days :dancing6:

Ok then well I shall try and play it every game then!

Cheers for the feedback guys!

Was great to hear it again...and last night's version was a bit different but as good as Al Jolson's IMO. If we could get rid of Hi Ho Silver Lining I'd be pleased - still have awful memories of the day they played it as "our song" in cup final against Stoke!!

ELFMUD

I ASSUME YOU MUST BE THE PRE-MATCH AND HALF TIME PRESENTER AT AG.

CAN I PUT IN A REQUEST FOR THE NEXT HOME GAME, AND HOPEFULLY

ALL GAMES AFTER THAT, NOW THAT MOST FANS ARE BEGINNING TO GET

ON KEITH'S SIDE.

ROBBIE WILLIAMS "MILLENIUM", BUT ENCOURAGE THE CROWD TO

CHANGE THE WORDS AS FOLLOWS

WE 'VE GOT KEITH MILLEN AT THE GATE

HE'S GOT STEVE WIGLEY AS HIS MATE

THEN THERES STEVE LANSDOWN AND HE'S GREAT

MILLEN NNNNN IUM

Al's version was great ofcourse. Cannot forget him for his shows and black faced acts. Which this day and age would be considered racist.

But actually he was the complete opposite. He highly promoted black people and there music. Have a read about it, its very interesting.

But actually he was the complete opposite. He highly promoted black people and there music. Have a read about it, its very interesting.

I know he was. Al J was a great fan of Black Jazz music and found it an inspiration for himself. I was just saying this day and age if you did paint your face black as he did it would be considered racist unfortunately.

It was great to hear that song being played...it made my old man especially happy.

Here's a different perspective on it...

About 5 years ago, I used to hate all the old songs being played at AG, especially the Wurzles. I thought it made us look like yokels, and that we would never be taken seriously as a club. Then i moved 'oop Norf' for a bit, and it was when i moved away from Bristol, that a strange thing happened. I became more proud of being a Bristolian, and City fan, and longed to hear the Wurzles and such again.

Having moved back now, I am totally in favour of having the Red,red Robin played and all the Wurzles songs...Drink up ye Zider and One for the Bristol City.

It's our heritage, it belongs to us, and sets us apart from any other club. It makes me feel proud when City run out to such songs. I love it when the EE sing along too.

We should always play it. Football moves so fast these day's, bit by bit we are losing our heritage.

Playing these songs, keeps us in touch with our history, and it sets us apart.

Keep up the good work...

Was great to hear it again...and last night's version was a bit different but as good as Al Jolson's IMO. If we could get rid of Hi Ho Silver Lining I'd be pleased - still have awful memories of the day they played it as "our song" in cup final against Stoke!!

One of my worst City moments ever!! After hearing Stoke belt out 'Delilah', then they played that for us, after giving it a big build up too!

Half the stadium went silent and only joined in with the chorus. I'm sure the Stoke fans felt a little bit sorry for us right then too!

What to do about the Liquidator ? I love it but it's just not catching on for some reason.

Great tune - but forever associated with West Brom & Wolves as their tune when the teams come out.

We shouldn't nick their tunes

I also agree about the cringworthy Hi Ho Silver Lining - no no no please no more of that.

and glad to see/hear "the Final Countdown" has finally (hopefully forever) been dropped.

The Katy Perry tune was good though.

CR

One of my worst City moments ever!! After hearing Stoke belt out 'Delilah', then they played that for us, after giving it a big build up too!

Half the stadium went silent and only joined in with the chorus. I'm sure the Stoke fans felt a little bit sorry for us right then too!

I remember that...what was that all about? Was there ever an answer as to why?

I remember that...what was that all about? Was there ever an answer as to why?

It was a choice made by our deluded commercial manager (or somesuch) at the time. He also, in the week running up to the final, put a request into the Football League that if we won could our mascot, the City Cat, go up and collect the trophy instead of the captain as this would be much more 'kid friendly'.

The guy was, in all fairness, a bit of a fruitloop and we were well shot of him when he went.

I never worked out why they played that, surely something by the wurzels would had been better.

It was a choice made by our deluded commercial manager (or somesuch) at the time. He also, in the week running up to the final, put a request into the Football League that if we won could our mascot, the City Cat, go up and collect the trophy instead of the captain as this would be much more 'kid friendly'.

The guy was, in all fairness, a bit of a fruitloop and we were well shot of him when he went.

Surely that request wasnt made?

Archived