IGNORED

I The Undersigned

CotswoldRed

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Steve Lansdown is perhaps too modest to attach his name to the new ground. I'm not aware he has any secret plans to do this, whether it be the whole ground or just a stand.

I think he should. Its not self indulgent, its completely deserved and I think we as fans should let him know that we want him to.

Pledge your support here. I'd even go as far as naming the whole ground after him, even if the sponsors name needs to sit in front.

I don't agree with it sorry,

Call it the Bristol City Stadium or Ashton Vale Stadium stick with the Ayteo, Williams, Dolman and Wedlock stands thats the history of the club,

But we can name the new road its built on Lansdown Way and have the Lansdown sweet for a confrence room,

Just my input

Well if the club are going down the naming rights road for the stadium and SL is now the main investor it would make sense to call it after him rather than a packet of crisps or an airline, or The mcdonalds Ashton vale stadium is just nasty, just do what reading did, The madejski, with us The Lansdown.

The inner stands, rooms and roads can then be plastered by former players and chairman's names as it is now.

Call it the Bristol City Stadium or Ashton Vale Stadium stick with the Ayteo, Williams, Dolman and Wedlock stands thats the history of the club,

But we can name the new road its built on Lansdown Way and have the Lansdown sweet for a confrence room,

Just my input

I appreciate thats your opinion but the Williams and Dolman stands are named after chairmen who put their heart, soul....and money into Bristol City Club. They were honoured with a stand named after them. Is Steve Lansdown not worthy of the same honour??

Well if the club are going down the naming rights road for the stadium and SL is now the main investor it would make sense to call it after him rather than a packet of crisps or an airline, or The mcdonalds Ashton vale stadium that is just nasty, just do what reading did, The madejski, with us The Lansdown.

The inner stands, rooms and roads can then be plastered by former players, chairman's names as it is now.

Don't understand your point at all!

The club see it as a big revenue raiser to sell the naming rights

Why would the club forgo that income opportunity by not selling those rights to a company?

or alternatively would you expect the club to charge Lansdown in return for naming it - The Lansdown !!

I don't personally like the whole naming rights thing - but it is in the BCFC business planning to offer the rights to the highest bidder.

CR

Naming rights to Greene King.

Then it can be called the Village Greene

King Stadium.:whistle2:

Meant to add, what about naming entrance gates - like the Shankley gates at Anfield?

Just my input

I would argue that if we get a new ground then Steve Lansdown will have done more to take the club forward than either Dolman or Williams.

Personally, I would like to see us keep the Ateyo and Wedlock names, and add a Lansdown stand to the mix. In truth they will probably sell naming rights to them all.

The stadium will be sponsored so will be called something like 'AIRBUS ARENA' or similar.

The stands will also be sponsored but i think teh main one should be the 'Steve Lansdown stand sponsored by 'BAE SYSTEMS'.

Hargreaves Lansdown Stadium perhaps?

Don't understand your point at all!

The club see it as a big revenue raiser to sell the naming rights

Why would the club forgo that income opportunity by not selling those rights to a company?

or alternatively would you expect the club to charge Lansdown in return for naming it - The Lansdown !!

I don't personally like the whole naming rights thing - but it is in the BCFC business planning to offer the rights to the highest bidder.

CR

My point being that if SL is fronting a large chunk of the cash for the stadium then he could be in with a shout of his name on the stadium?.. yeah i know it makes money for the club, the naming rights, but it can be selling your soul if that name does not fit, i would be more happy to see SL go for those name rights (if he invests on top so be it) than say as example (hypothetically) dunford dairies, imagine that The Dunford Dairies Stadium!! all because they put up the highest bid, i just like to see the name fit as well as the cash in the bank, and by this i hope SL has a think about it.

We're football fans not fans of love-ins with local successful business men.

My old man always reckoned local business men getting involved in football should be seen as a charitable, giving back to the community type thing. Once it becomes about the business men themselves it's a sell-out.

No disrespect.

We're football fans not fans of love-ins with local successful business men.

My old man always reckoned local business men getting involved in football should be seen as a charitable, giving back to the community type thing. Once it becomes about the business men themselves it's a sell-out.

No disrespect.

With respect to your Dad, in the absence of SL, there aren't many charitable business folk queuing up to donate tens of millions - and besides, unless SLs vision is realised he won't be seeing much of his money back anyway.

In the long run SL wishing for the club to be self-sufficient - rather then relying on the Sugar Daddy approach - may be just the help the club needs for sustainable success.

Lansdown Stands Down Stand .....

......be it a stand, or the main stadium entrance foyer, or the road leading up to the stadium (should be a long & winding one btw) ie: Lansdown Way ... but whatever it is some Significant part of the new stadium complex should undoubtedly bear Steve Lansdown's name.

His achievements outside of football deserve recognition in any case, a Bristol boy done good. The employment & major financial business he built from scratch in Bristol ( its remained in Bristol throughout) with his HL partner Hargreaves is justification alone for civic recognition .... but with his BCFC investment & chairmanship, his legacy in the shape of a stadium benefitting all of Bristol what better place to honour the man than within the stadium he built?... ( besides a civic blue plaque might not be ideal )

With respect to your Dad, in the absence of SL, there aren't many charitable business folk queuing up to donate tens of millions - and besides, unless SLs vision is realised he won't be seeing much of his money back anyway.

In the long run SL wishing for the club to be self-sufficient - rather then relying on the Sugar Daddy approach - may be just the help the club needs for sustainable success.

Fair-do's and good luck to him with breaking the mold of virtually every other English Club; running in the black (I do agree it's admirable) - he certainly is ambitious!

Bristol City was here long before SL and will remain here long after he has gone, though.

Is he dead? has he cut his ties with the stadium/club?

No.

Its a bit syncophantic to suggest that we should name a stadium after him in his memory ( as he hasnt gone yet), especially as its missing out on ' naming rights dollar' and Im sure HL wont do it because it misses the point about getting the extra spondoolies in.

Awful idea... Maybe in the future when he has no connection with the club or something,

Now? it comes across as a syncophantic love in. What happens if the next BCFC chairmen after the 'current' regime come in and work wonders, you'lll want to name what after themthen?

Re-re-name, when the crowd says Bo! Selecta

Given SL is the man who made the stadium happen (fingerscrossed.gif) its completely appropriate.

Sycophantic my ****.

How about the Lansdown Village Green and Duck pond.

Not what's there at the moment but the new (proper) one that will be part of the new development.

Just so the town greeners can remember who gave them such a wonderful facility compared to the dump they have now.

Archived