IGNORED

Beat Norwich And.....

prankerd

The thing is, as others have said I'm not sure we're ready for the PL. We surge to 6th and reach the playoffs. Great. We win them? Fantastic. May mean we keep Maynard and even an outside chance of getting Caulker on loan once more. Then what though- how many players could make the step up to the PL for next season? Most probably Maynard, Caulker probably but how many others?

Well, we could fund a few more players. Irrespective of whether we did or not, we could be relegated. However, regardless of where we would finiish, we would at least have the chance to visit Old Trafford, Anfield and the Emirates and seeing some of these teams down the Gate. We would also be in a better position to go back up again (financially, strength of squad, etc ...). If we wait to build a squad that is capable of staying in the Prem, we could be waiting a long time! Blackpool's squad had relegation written all over it, but they're still fighting to stay in the Prem.

Agreed - can't see a 0-0 but I'd take a 1-1 or a 2-2. Anything more would suggest that KM really has started to take the club forward.

12/5, the draw, i said previously the players have to stand up again, we done Pompey form team of the Div, lets do it again and make a statement, we will be Norwich next season, stand up players, I'm sure Millen and the player's are thinking this.

Yes it's mathematically possible for City to reach the play offs and who knows, get into the Prem. With the current squad though, sadly we'd be there not to compete, just to make up the numbers.

On the other hand think back to 75-76; S'land, City, WBA the promoted trio. 76-77 S'land straight back down, City narrowly stayed up whilst WBA finished 7th in Div 1.

Looking at today's table, whether City win, draw or lose at Norwich they remain in their current position due to clubs such as Millwall hitting form right now.

Regardless of what squad City could get together, I think we'd struggle. We might make a decent attempt for the first half of the season, but as all the newly promoted sides find out, the second half of the season really tests how strong your squad is and whether your game plan has been figured out by other teams.

Well, we could fund a few more players. Irrespective of whether we did or not, we could be relegated. However, regardless of where we would finiish, we would at least have the chance to visit Old Trafford, Anfield and the Emirates and seeing some of these teams down the Gate. We would also be in a better position to go back up again (financially, strength of squad, etc ...). If we wait to build a squad that is capable of staying in the Prem, we could be waiting a long time! Blackpool's squad had relegation written all over it, but they're still fighting to stay in the Prem.

Yeah, true enough. I just wouldn't want to see us get hammered on a regular basis that's all. Having said that as you say Blackpool have really defied the odds, and like us I saw them as having only one or two players of being capable of making the step up (well one really, Charlie Adam). I would say James too for us but his age at that level could be a problem.

Yeah, true enough. I just wouldn't want to see us get hammered on a regular basis that's all. Having said that as you say Blackpool have really defied the odds, and like us I saw them as having only one or two players of being capable of making the step up (well one really, Charlie Adam). I would say James too for us but his age at that level could be a problem.

I wouldnt say Blackpool have defied the odds. 1 point from the bottom 3 and in free fall

I wouldnt say Blackpool have defied the odds. 1 point from the bottom 3 and in free fall

Blackpool are down had £20 on it a few months ago, no Hull happening there, it's stick or gamble when you go up they Blackpool have stuck to there guns and the club will be able to have a go again next season of going up, Billy Davies Forest is the way forward plan for when your there.

I would, in as much as that they were predicted to be the new Derby in some quarters, they have the lowest budget by some distance in the Premier League so one would expect them to be in more trouble still. Who would have thought they would beat Liverpool home and away, beat Tottenham, lose unluckily to Man Utd for example?

I would, in as much as that they were predicted to be the new Derby in some quarters, they have the lowest budget by some distance in the Premier League so one would expect them to be in more trouble still. Who would have thought they would beat Liverpool home and away, beat Tottenham, lose unluckily to Man Utd for example?

Players are up for the big games and they can't to it against clubs around them every week for Blackpool is a Cup Final and they the players can't play out of there skins every week, also the clubs they have played have now had a look at them, stop Adam stop Blackpool.

Hopefully Blackpool will go down.

Nothing particular against them and it's good to see an unfashionable, smallish club get there.

Hollowhead's the problem, the constant publicity and season long media love in for his buffoonish rants has been unbearable.mad.gif

Well done to all the positive posters.....keep it up.....you never know :worship2:

For the neggy's oh...sorry.....the "I'm just being realistic" posters...........whatever happened to "Believe"? :disapointed2se:

Of course if we drop points in any more than two of the remaining games and we can forget it but while there is a mathmatical chance then why the hell not think we can.....COYR!:bounce:

I suppose there is a certain bit of validity to this- despite the Norwich loss. We're now 10 pts off Forest and 11 off Leeds- neither of whom have been entirely convincing of late. We play Doncaster at home after the break- quite winnable. Who do Forest and Leeds play? Each other of course! Indeed, Forest have a horrid next 5 games and then their meeting with us, Burnley have hit the buffers this last week, Leicester, Portsmouth, Hull can all wobble- the latter of whom we still have to play, Watford lost, Millwall will run out of steam- but Reading seem to be coming good with 13 pts from 5 games. Point is, massive ask though it would be, we're still just about alive.

Archived