IGNORED

Beat Norwich And.....

prankerd

First off all we have NO chance of the play offs, if millen matches GJ last two finishes ie 10th it will be a hell of a achievment for Keef

Secondly i think we will lose tomorrow, hope for Keef we do win though

I don't know about putting £500 quid on City to win the next 10 but I'd certainly put 500 quid on them not losing tomorrow.

(It's on Monday :laugh:)

If and its a big if, we can gather 26/27 points from our remaining 10 games, we will not be far off. A lot of the teams that are above us have to play each other in the remaining fixtures, along with that we play a few of them. It is not beyond us,, as i have though for a while that on our day, i fancy us against most teams in this division. Consistancy has been our biggest problem this season, but it seems that we have found that over the last few weeks. I think realistically we will finish 10th - 12th, but you just never know! We are Bristol City, we never do anything the easy way!:fingerscrossed:

What is positive is that we are even having this conversation!

The position we were in before the Watford game had us in a relegation fight. One month on we are now debating whether we can reach the Playoffs.

I'm in the camp of let's finish this season on a high and whether that means Playoffs, just missing out out on them or sneaking into the top half, it will be an extremely positive finish to what was a shocking start.

What is positive is that we are even having this conversation!

The position we were in before the Watford game had us in a relegation fight. One month on we are now debating whether we can reach the Playoffs.

I'm in the camp of let's finish this season on a high and whether that means Playoffs, just missing out out on them or sneaking into the top half, it will be an extremely positive finish to what was a shocking start.

Hopefully everyone who supports BCFC is in this camp...

Someone posted that city havent finished outside the top half of a division for god knows how long and were in the top five teams in England to have the best finishs at end of season! ( stand to be corrected)

That to me is are maximum aim and a huge achievement 12 th is almost a moral promotion considering the mess ****opppell left us in!

And we have Forest / Burnley & Hull to come who are also looking for the play offs.

All at home.

:fingerscrossed:

Its possible

If we beat Norwich on monday, we still have a small chance to be top 6, but still a chance. Forest are in a bad run, no win in 6 games. Its funny amonth ago we were fighting to avoid relegation. Now with 4 wins we looking upwards, the cc is very difficaul to predict. It now feels KM have the right team. Hope Cisse and Fontaine are fit against Canaries, they will be neded. Hope Woolford make his first for City on monday. We got many players who know where the goal is. Im a little optimistic for Norwich game 40-60 for us to win. If we can hold the first 30 min, then I think we can take 3 points. Looking forward to se the game in Norwich, I will be there. COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Coral are offering 40-1 on us being promoted. If we were to make the playoffs then we would probably be favourites due to the good run so you could maybe say 20-1 or a 5% chance of making the playoffs. This feels about right to me. The next 2 are very tough but if we can get 6 points then those odds might start to tumble. As others have said I would settle for a top half finish after the season we have had.

Coral are offering 40-1 on us being promoted. If we were to make the playoffs then we would probably be favourites due to the good run so you could maybe say 20-1 or a 5% chance of making the playoffs. This feels about right to me. The next 2 are very tough but if we can get 6 points then those odds might start to tumble. As others have said I would settle for a top half finish after the season we have had.

40-1 eh? Not usually a betting man myself but I'm thinking I might have a tenner on that.

It's probably about as likely as that bloke who won £1.4M at Exeter racecourse this week on a £2.00 six race (all six horses he picked won) accumulator bet but, as they say, if you don't buy a ticket you got no chance of winning.

we will only be 10 points away from playoffs after todays games! with 9 games to go ( 27 points) be nice to have a close end of season.fingerscrossed.gif

not so long ago when we were bottom,close to bottom,

i was worried,very worried,

we turned it around,fair play to keef and the boys,

a decent finish to the season to see us in the top twelve and i for one will be more than happy,

build for top six push next season :city: :city: :city: :city:

I have to agree this is 'CrazyTalk'! Just a few weeks ago I was thinking what life was going to be like in Div 1. Now we are talking about the play offs. It is mathamaticly possible, but really? Top half for me. I would be more than happy with a top half finish. Play offs

would be a dream!

I had a bet with a Swindle supporting mate from work. He said Bristol City would go down for sure. He bet me a pint. Now I'm not a gambling man but I took that bet. Wish I had asked for a pickled egg as well.

we will only be 10 points away from playoffs after todays games! with 9 games to go ( 27 points) be nice to have a close end of season.fingerscrossed.gif

Mate I really love the optimism, I really do.

I think we need to concentrate on building for a proper stable, solid end of season break and a good start to next year - we will have done well to recover from the shambles of August.

Obviously, I'd like us to win every game between now and end of season though too.

Play-off's are massively unlikely, though still mathematically possible at present, but there's another important reason to have the best possible run-in imo.

Many people have already talked speculated about whether we can hang on to our best players for next season. What better way than a high placed finish to convince them that rather than moving on, they have a bright future at this club?

We definitely don't want to take our foot off the g*s and end the season on a low, as we need to feel we're moving forward, not backwards as we felt early season. Finish strongly and hopefully overcome the the last hurdle with Ashton Vale and there will be a great feeling of optimism and excitement around this club in the summer.

That will be our best chance to convince the likes of Nicky Maynard that this is the place to be and help us make a real push next season, as the work on the new ground is hopefully started. fingerscrossed.gif

Yes it's mathematically possible for City to reach the play offs and who knows, get into the Prem. With the current squad though, sadly we'd be there not to compete, just to make up the numbers.

On the other hand think back to 75-76; S'land, City, WBA the promoted trio. 76-77 S'land straight back down, City narrowly stayed up whilst WBA finished 7th in Div 1.

Looking at today's table, whether City win, draw or lose at Norwich they remain in their current position due to clubs such as Millwall hitting form right now.

Would we really want to get in the play offs after the season we've had? I'd much rather us finish mid table and sort out the squad ready for next season!

Yes we would! Lucrative play-off semi at a packed Ashton Gate, possibly followed by a big money game at Wembley. If we were to make it to the Prem, we would be £90m richer and even if we went back down would have parachute payments for the next few seasons. We would have less need to worry about Nicky seeking a move to the Premier League, if we were promoted. I could go on, but I think you get my point ...

so your hoping we lose games?

no I am just a realist and dont think it will happen. Would I want to see us go up with the players we have now? answer no.

Keef would be totally unprepared for the Prem and we imo dont have the squad to take us there.

Yes we would! Lucrative play-off semi at a packed Ashton Gate, possibly followed by a big money game at Wembley. If we were to make it to the Prem, we would be £90m richer and even if we went back down would have parachute payments for the next few seasons. We would have less need to worry about Nicky seeking a move to the Premier League, if we were promoted. I could go on, but I think you get my point ...

I get your point but it aint gonna happen. We would have to win all our games to even be in with a shout if the play offs and that isnt gonna happen!!!

The thing is, as others have said I'm not sure we're ready for the PL. We surge to 6th and reach the playoffs. Great. We win them? Fantastic. May mean we keep Maynard and even an outside chance of getting Caulker on loan once more. Then what though- how many players could make the step up to the PL for next season? Most probably Maynard, Caulker probably but how many others?

The thing is, as others have said I'm not sure we're ready for the PL. We surge to 6th and reach the playoffs. Great. We win them? Fantastic. May mean we keep Maynard and even an outside chance of getting Caulker on loan once more. Then what though- how many players could make the step up to the PL for next season? Most probably Maynard, Caulker probably but how many others?

I do understand where you are coming from, but if and when we go up, it will be a struggle. I mean if we go up from the championship, we will have mostly championship players. So with that in mind, what does it matter when we go up? I suppose what im saying is, are you ever ready to make that step up? What i would say is, we are a better squad than Blackpool had when they got promoted. You also have to factor in the money we would get if promoted along with what SL would invest to improve the squad. So i say bring on the Premier League and enjoy the ride!

no I am just a realist and dont think it will happen. Would I want to see us go up with the players we have now? answer no.

Keef would be totally unprepared for the Prem and we imo dont have the squad to take us there.

if we win all our games from now on we will go up. Do you want us to win all our games?

I dont see the point of entering a competition if your not trying to win it

I get your point but it aint gonna happen. We would have to win all our games to even be in with a shout if the play offs and that isnt gonna happen!!!

Oh, I agree. It is very unlikely to happen, but was just responding to your question about whether we want it to, or not. That for me is a resounding yes.

Even thought City have a decent record at Carrow Road in recent times I don't fancy a City win tomorrow.

Norwich will be desparate for the 3 points especially as Swansea lost yesterday and will be right up for it.

I'd be very delighted with a point. Anything more would be fantastic.

Archived