IGNORED

Jordan Spence

A Horse With No Name

Hey, why just pick on Spence?

Lets look at the rest of the back 5

Fontaine, penalty in the first minute? What the hell was that all about? Put it out for a corner!

Nyatanga, tackle the bloke for fux sake.

Culker, you think you are better than you really are.Playing it out from the corner flag...... Whosh, get rid.

And James, after a wonderful season, just didn't look interested.

Our defence need some lessons in Row Z defending

A bad night at the office followed by the habitual post mortem on here. Not sure why James is suddenly involved, for someone who wasn`t interested he managed to pull off some great stops. If i wasn`t interested i certainly wouldn`t be throwing myself at the feet of opponents.

PDG

Got to say he was stand-out in the ineptness department, his distribution was woeful.

That said, at least he was stand-out. Woolford and Clarkson were that anonymous I didn't even realise they were playing until substituted.

Depressingly bad.

A couple more of those and Milly will be on his bike - I think SL will be looking for continuous improvement for the remainder of the season. That 'performance' was a massive step backwards and I fear a true reflection of (our lack of) capabilities.

Utter tripe.

I`ll hold up my hands and confess to not being on board with KM`s appointment and not too long ago would have been calling for his head if their had been a suitable replacement available. However i`m glad to have been proven wrong and am looking forward to see how they look to shape the squad for next season. While it may be a tad risky to say it out loud, this is BCFC after all, we`re all but safe now, which will leave egg on some posters faces after declaring we were already relegated with KM at the helm.

I think we`d all like to see some continuous improvement as the season plays out but we don`t have all the pieces in the squad to avoid performances like that. A bad night where we were never out of the blocks after conceding that early and were pretty much 2nd best for the rest of the night. It`s football, it happens.

PDG

A bad night at the office followed by the habitual post mortem on here. Not sure why James is suddenly involved, for someone who wasn`t interested he managed to pull off some great stops. If i wasn`t interested i certainly wouldn`t be throwing myself at the feet of opponents.

PDG

Just making the point that they were all awful, not just Spence.

I thought Spence's passing last nite was utter tripe. I just don't see the point of this kid comming in when at the end of the season he'll be back at west ham. Both Ribs and Edwards should be played ahead of him at the end of the day they are our players and why help west ham out when we've got our own options.

Lets be honest here. Take your opening statement and insert any of the other outfield players with one exception. It was a bad night, our passing was woeful our tackling was half hearted.

Unfortunately Mr Maynard showed yet again why we must get him to stay on for another year...PLEASE !! Starved of any service he gradually dropped back deeper and was the only player who looked comfortable in possession of the ball. Again....a bad night at the office, which btw, was one of our toughest fixtures remaining.

PDG

Lets be honest here. Take your opening statement and insert any of the other outfield players with one exception. It was a bad night, our passing was woeful our tackling was half hearted.

Unfortunately Mr Maynard showed yet again why we must get him to stay on for another year...PLEASE !! Starved of any service he gradually dropped back deeper and was the only player who looked comfortable in possession of the ball. Again....a bad night at the office, which btw, was one of our toughest fixtures remaining.

PDG

I agree but we haven't got options to change it too much. I think it's simply an injustice to our accademy that we go and get a right back when we have two player capable of playing there.

I agree but we haven't got options to change it too much. I think it's simply an injustice to our accademy that we go and get a right back when we have two player capable of playing there.

Totally agree. Now that we are virtually safe, we should not be wasting money on short-term loan signings, but looking to our own youth to plug any gaps. If we can't use Academy players whilst mid-table and with a huge injury crisis, we might as well just scrap the whole thing and tell the local kids to go elsewhere if they want to be professional footballers. Spence has done a job, but it's now time to give Edwards a chance, even if only off the bench, otherwise what was the point of paying him wages this season?

Don't agree with the last bit, City fans have always been very patient and supportive of young home grown players and are always shouting for them to get a chance.

I'm beginning to wonder whether KM actually rates Ribs or Edwards because both are old enough to be playing regularly at this level if he thinks they are good enough.

It would be nice to see a bit of risk taking from the manager regarding Edwards rather than him just stagnating and eventually getting the inevitable free transfer.

Tend to agree they must both be wondering how best to deal with the situation at AG. Wonder if any clubs have noticed what is going on and will look to offer the 1st team football thay both crave and need.

Food for thought?

Tend to agree they must both be wondering how best to deal with the situation at AG. Wonder if any clubs have noticed what is going on and will look to offer the 1st team football thay both crave and need.

Food for thought?

Quite right...Ribs should be given another chance to prove he can maintain his fitness and stay injury free which is the key to his future here or elsewhere.

Theres no doubt he is capable and certainly good enough for this division. But and its a big but...is he injury prone...?

As for Spence, young or not, inexperienced or not, U 21 or not , WestHam or not, you should still be able to pass a ball to another team member longer than 10 yards which he clearly cannot. Thats got nothing to do with nerves or inexperience just a basic lack of ability.

I think he would be better at centre back where he can best use his height and heading ability, hes too cumbersome to be a full back.

Quite right...Ribs should be given another chance to prove he can maintain his fitness and stay injury free which is the key to his future here or elsewhere.

Theres no doubt he is capable and certainly good enough for this division. But and its a big but...is he injury prone...?

As for Spence, young or not, inexperienced or not, U 21 or not , WestHam or not, you should still be able to pass a ball to another team member longer than 10 yards which he clearly cannot. Thats got nothing to do with nerves or inexperience just a basic lack of ability.

I think he would be better at centre back where he can best use his height and heading ability, hes too cumbersome to be a full back.

Heading ability? Not sure he has any. That may be the reason he is used as a full back.

Archived