IGNORED

Jordan Spence

A Horse With No Name

I really hope i'm not the only one that thinks he's awful? Tonight he just chased shadows, the the 3rd goal he just went into the corner with Caulker like Caulker was his dad and he was a little boy lost, then when Caulks was tackled just watched Surman run on. I know he's played U21 level but surely Edwards can't be far off his standard?

On another note, how are Norwich where they are? Wasn't impressed at all, a few good players here and there, but I think we just made them look a lot better than they are

Anyone else think that Spence is no better than Ribeiro, or even Fontaine at full back. he had a nightmare tonight and I think he should be replaced on Saturday, along with Clarkson and Woolford. Can anyone else not see the point of Woolford?

Think he's a good athlete but maybe not a good footballer if that makes sense. Certainly caught out of position plenty tonight. Get Ribs back in for sure.

Certainly dont want to be hyper critical of the lad because no one played very well tonight but that is 3 games i have seen him play now but his distribution is awful, poor old Bradley used to get stick and jamie Mac still does get stick for their distribution but its 10 times better than this kid, that said he is only a kid and im sure he will improve with experience but imo he isn't the right back we need at the moment

I really hope i'm not the only one that thinks he's awful? Tonight he just chased shadows, the the 3rd goal he just went into the corner with Caulker like Caulker was his dad and he was a little boy lost, then when Caulks was tackled just watched Surman run on. I know he's played U21 level but surely Edwards can't be far off his standard?

On another note, how are Norwich where they are? Wasn't impressed at all, a few good players here and there, but I think we just made them look a lot better than they are

Fair enough, but his defending for the killer 3rd goal was appalling, Caulker did all the hard work, and then Spence wanders out of defence with the ball as if he was window shopping or looking for the Number 19 bus!! He deserves a kick up the a** for that.

Well the fact they completely dominated from start to finish would suggest they are a decent team, being second in the league would also suggest they are a decent team, they made us look shite because they are a decent team. We are a mid table team at best, the difference from us to them is they have a mobile midfield, and a stronger defence.

Sorry but it's sour grapes on our part to suggest Norwich aren't promotion material, they have a very talented manager in Lambert, have a fantastically loyal fanbase, are very organised and are full of confidence. I would take their midfield over ours tomorrow bar Albert, I would take their defence over ours and their manager.

Fair enough, but his defending for the killer 3rd goal was appalling, Caulker did all the hard work, and then Spence wanders out of defence with the ball as if he was window shopping or looking for the Number 19 bus!! He deserves a kick up the a** for that.

That was caulker

Just started a thread on this myself but got merged with this! Glad to see i'm not the only one. No passion or concept of football. Waster.

He has spent years at west ham coming up through their youth ranks

Their youth set up is excellent with top coaches

Yet you have managed to work out in THREE games that this player is Crap!!

No wonder west ham are in such dept wasting thier money

They should employ as a scout and save £millons

He has spent years at west ham coming up through their youth ranks

Their youth set up is excellent with top coaches

Yet you have managed to work out in THREE games that this player is Crap!!

No wonder west ham are in such dept wasting thier money

They should employ as a scout and save £millons

so has no first team experience unlike caulker who you can tell is the real deal if we are going to chuck un experienced players in lets do it with are own and give them ago i dont think its spences fault but he seemed miles out of his depth tonite

i'm sorry but for me he showed no passion and couldn't do anything with the ball, and didn't seem to care too much about it!

Well rather than insulting the guy after one average performance, (Caulker was miles worse, for the record) How about discussing his ability.

He looks like a centre half, He's brilliant in the air (Won everything crossed from the left and most corners)

He's a decent tackler, But hasn't got much nouse on the ball (He's a defender, not Messi afterall)

Nyatanga is terrible on the ball, Fontaine needlessly humps it long 80% of the time... But a kid in his first month with us is a waster?

No passion? Who at the club does? it's football not warfare ffs.

Jordan, don't take this the wrong way; I know you like to see yourself as one to bring those that like to make explosive, maybe ill thought out, often rash or abusive comments to task, but not only are you wasting your time, but you are also coming across a tad anal at times ;) As I say, take it as the light hearted comment it's intended to be. A long-winded reply courtesy of the online thesaurus would be self-fulfilling ;)

Wrong it was caulker who wandered out with the ball. Did not think Spence was bad - exposed by creative Norwich midfield perhaps but then so were most of our back four at times.

Not sure why Spence is being picked on for a poor game, you could have picked on any number of city players, and Caulker was much worse tonight for the first time (maybe a good thing with all the prem scouts watching, along with maynard who was also shit but did not have any service to be fair).

I hope Norwich go up, thought they played good high tempo football and besides they are not from wales

Ribs should be given the opportunity, or even young Joe Edwards, surprised we spent money on spence with just one more win needed for probable safety.

Agree that Woolford offered nowt tonight.

I'd be tempted to play Edwards RB and Ribs RW or CM seeing how well Ribs can control the ball and with his surging runs thats if he is fit and once we are defotiantly safe! Then maybe put Spence at CB in his right position and see how he plays seeing as have more chance of signing him than Caulker.

so has no first team experience unlike caulker who you can tell is the real deal if we are going to chuck un experienced players in lets do it with are own and give them ago i dont think its spences fault but he seemed miles out of his depth tonite

I agree he did nt have a good game tonight

But how fans can watch a young player over three games and judge that he will never make it is beyond me

I can't believe people are reacting towards the lad like this. We were totally outplayed by a far better side than us and the poor loan kid gets the blame. What do people think, there is a huge surplus of right backs out there begging to play for Bristol City. Come on please be serious, it was not a great performance from us tonight and with 2 minutes to go we almost mugged them and walked away with a point. Riberio was not match fit when Spence was signed and perhaps Millen didn't see Edwards ready for 90 minutes for a run of games. After seeing him at Coventry and against Portsmouth it does seem harsh to highlight him out as if to say, without him we may have come away from this match with something.

How do you feel Fontains tackle in the 42nd second was? remember that was his 250th league appearance.

I'm sure he'll have better games, but as has been said it's just ridiculous to write the guy off after 3 games. Two of which he's done OK in - thought he looked very good coming forward v Portsmouth.

So called lack of 'passion' was probably due in no small part to getting an early booking: he had to be very careful what he did after that and just couldn't afford to make rash challenges.

Archived