IGNORED

Jordan Spence

A Horse With No Name

People should lay off a very young player playing in a very poor defence.

We want to have premier league youngsters on loan - so we have to accept these young players having bad games. If they were the complete player then they wouldn't be here moe often than not.

Well rather than insulting the guy after one average performance, (Caulker was miles worse, for the record) How about discussing his ability.

He looks like a centre half, He's brilliant in the air (Won everything crossed from the left and most corners)

He's a decent tackler, But hasn't got much nouse on the ball (He's a defender, not Messi afterall)

Nyatanga is terrible on the ball, Fontaine needlessly humps it long 80% of the time... But a kid in his first month with us is a waster?

No passion? Who at the club does? it's football not warfare ffs.

Caulker was at thought for two of the goals, if he won the first challenge with Hoult Fontaine would of not made the tackle he did, Caulker since the hip problem is not looking so commending imo, still a great player and he will go on to play for England as well as Spurs, he played against Hoult two times this season i saw one live at AG, the other tonight i think Hoult as won the battle 2-0 in players terms.

So called lack of 'passion' was probably due in no small part to getting an early booking: he had to be very careful what he did after that and just couldn't afford to make rash challenges.

Very good point.

If Ribeiro is fit though he must have a run of games from now until the end of the season.

If he can just stop picking up injuries he is our future, and a very exciting one.

Not read any comments above, good luck to the lad, would rather Riberio plays Saturday, lets hope he shuts people up and is not useless as some people as said, Edwards in the same situation there will be a similar thread, lets give young players a chance THE SAME PEOPLE ON HERE WILL BE CALLING EDWARDS USELESS AFTER THREE GAMES.

People should lay off a very young player playing in a very poor defence.

We want to have premier league youngsters on loan - so we have to accept these young players having bad games. If they were the complete player then they wouldn't be here moe often than not.

A great point that I didn't consider.

Jordan, don't take this the wrong way; I know you like to see yourself as one to bring those that like to make explosive, maybe ill thought out, often rash or abusive comments to task, but not only are you wasting your time, but you are also coming across a tad anal at times ;) As I say, take it as the light hearted comment it's intended to be. A long-winded reply courtesy of the online thesaurus would be self-fulfilling ;)

Pete's a good lad, He knows what I mean.

Not read any comments above, good luck to the lad, would rather Riberio plays Saturday, lets hope he shuts people up and is not useless as some people as said, Edwards in the same situation there will be a similar thread, lets give young players a chance THE SAME PEOPLE ON HERE WILL BE CALLING EDWARDS USELESS AFTER THREE GAMES.

Don't agree with the last bit, City fans have always been very patient and supportive of young home grown players and are always shouting for them to get a chance.

I'm beginning to wonder whether KM actually rates Ribs or Edwards because both are old enough to be playing regularly at this level if he thinks they are good enough.

It would be nice to see a bit of risk taking from the manager regarding Edwards rather than him just stagnating and eventually getting the inevitable free transfer.

Don't agree with the last bit, City fans have always been very patient and supportive of young home grown players and are always shouting for them to get a chance.

I'm beginning to wonder whether KM actually rates Ribs or Edwards because both are old enough to be playing regularly at this level if he thinks they are good enough.

It would be nice to see a bit of risk taking from the manager regarding Edwards rather than him just stagnating and eventually getting the inevitable free transfer.

Tend to disagree with you there Noggers; Jenisson, Ribs Cotterill and Lita have all been slated on here and at games early in their careers... There is very little lee-way in the stands at AG.

Sadly every time Ribs seems to be given a chance he always seems to get injured.

I cannot work out where are troubles are regarding injuries. Are we just unlucky to have injury prone players or should the fitness and medical staff be looked at in more detail?

iam also thinking this noggers but y give je 8mins at preston then get in a very inexperienced rb is he injured ?

Tend to disagree with you there Noggers; Jenisson, Ribs Cotterill and Lita have all been slated on here and at games early in their careers... There is very little lee-way in the stands at AG.

I haven't heard anything but encouragement for young players from where I sit.

In my opinion the support from the crowd for young home grown players is one area where City fans are pretty much beyond reproach.

Sadly every time Ribs seems to be given a chance he always seems to get injured.

I cannot work out where are troubles are regarding injuries. Are we just unlucky to have injury prone players or should the fitness and medical staff be looked at in more detail?

I read somewhere a theory that Ribs may have concentrated too much on his upper body strength while recovering from his cruciate and put his body out of kilter, leading to other problems.

Don't know if there's anything behind that but he does seem a bit muscle bound.

Either way, every time he is completely fit I would play him, and keep playing him, and hopefully a real run of games will make this injury prone stage of his career a far distant memory.

I don't think him coming on relatively 'cold' as a sub. should ever be considered.

He's a really great talent and one I'd like to see the team built around - he's really potentially that good imo.

Fingers crossed for the lad because time must be running out.

Maybe, the right winger should be tracking back helping him instead of being exposed all the time. Albert was wondering around pitch and left our right wide open.

so the only attacking outlet we had all game should of just defended all game? feel sorry for Woolford who was obviously told to just defend all game which is unfair as he doesn't have the pace of adomah to just get up there once the few times we did attack.Adomah was playing RW upto the 40th minute then upfront until about 80th minute where he switched back to RW.

Us city fans are so fickle remember some of the dross we were served up with before the promotion **** me were not Chelsea were BRISTOL CITY. This lad is young and inexperienced at this level give him a chance. Blimey.

The crap being served up on this forum is worse Than OUR team dish out.

Maybe l

Us city fans are so fickle remember some of the dross we were served up with before the promotion **** me were not Chelsea were BRISTOL CITY. This lad is young and inexperienced at this level give him a chance. Blimey.

The crap being served up on this forum is worse Than OUR team dish out.

Maybe look at yourselfs before criticising others.

Hey, why just pick on Spence?

Lets look at the rest of the back 5

Fontaine, penalty in the first minute? What the hell was that all about? Put it out for a corner!

Nyatanga, tackle the bloke for fux sake.

Culker, you think you are better than you really are.Playing it out from the corner flag...... Whosh, get rid.

And James, after a wonderful season, just didn't look interested.

Our defence need some lessons in Row Z defending

I believe he was worse than others. Seemed to have zero tackling ability, was left for dead by the guys he was supposed to mark, drifted out of position and - in common with the entire defence - when he actually found himself holding the ball, could think of nothing to do but aimlessly lump it upfield.

He seemed better in the Pompey game, but he was so poor tonight that I wonder if we're gaining anything by having him.

so the only attacking outlet we had all game should of just defended all game? feel sorry for Woolford who was obviously told to just defend all game which is unfair as he doesn't have the pace of adomah to just get up there once the few times we did attack.Adomah was playing RW upto the 40th minute then upfront until about 80th minute where he switched back to RW.

Not saying albert should help, everyone saying spence was exposed that's the reason why. Risk you take with albert for defending not his strong point so use his strength attacking and that leaves him exposed. Woolford helped nyatanga as did pitman but then lost some attacking edge.

Case of play like gj did 442 rigid wide men are defenders or play with some width and attack and leave us exposed, it's a tricky one.

On the plus side, he is a young lad still learning the game and he was up agaist Hoolahan and also Holt was running the channels and Marc Tierney was getting forward a lot. Also Albert was pushed up front as much as he could so Spence was very exposed plus he was on a booking so he had to be careful. He looked ok going forward but i have to admit, i have never seen an individual give the ball away so much, it was poor, but like i said he is only young and he will learn. A better option than Skuse at right back IMO

If he was our young player I'd think we'd be alot more reasonable. Is it fair to judge a young player differently because he's on loan?

Well yes it is, if we are going to play inexperienced players in somewhat meaningless (probably is) games, might as well be ours and get some experience. Not saying play the kids..but if we have to play a kid, make it our one.

Caulker was at thought for two of the goals, if he won the first challenge with Hoult Fontaine would of not made the tackle he did, Caulker since the hip problem is not looking so commending imo, still a great player and he will go on to play for England as well as Spurs, he played against Hoult two times this season i saw one live at AG, the other tonight i think Hoult as won the battle 2-0 in players terms.

I said on here months ago that caulker gets caught on decision making at times and championship is his level at present. got caught at cardiff got caught last nite, been caught out on decisions he has to make quickly, hes great at winning first balls or instant tackles etc but when he has to make decisions with ball at feet in our box or turn quickly with opposing forward that is where he gets caught, hes been great for us but not ready to step up to prem by a long way ask harry redknapp , spurs were down to bare bones on defenders but still didnt call him back. at fault for 2 last nite , nevertheless would love him here. spence was good at finding space pushing out but his passing was very poor and cost us possesion many times, which then pins us back ,this is the story of all our defenders we lose our way from there, which makes it hard for ourselves we spend most of our time trying to get the ball back in stead of doing things with it when we have it . the quality is not there and needs to be sorted in the summer funds willing. too many runners or workers not enough quality ,class shines through and we havent got it, (forwards excluded) i think forward wise we have.

Got to say he was stand-out in the ineptness department, his distribution was woeful.

That said, at least he was stand-out. Woolford and Clarkson were that anonymous I didn't even realise they were playing until substituted.

Depressingly bad.

A couple more of those and Milly will be on his bike - I think SL will be looking for continuous improvement for the remainder of the season. That 'performance' was a massive step backwards and I fear a true reflection of (our lack of) capabilities.

I thought Spence's passing last nite was utter tripe. I just don't see the point of this kid comming in when at the end of the season he'll be back at west ham. Both Ribs and Edwards should be played ahead of him at the end of the day they are our players and why help west ham out when we've got our own options.

Archived