IGNORED

Identity Crisis

Martyn Hocking

I (my secretary) got a warning about thirteen months ago for saying

COME ON YOU LAZY BASTARDS!

before a game as in my opinion they did not perform.

She took it quite well though :)

Tommy is clearly a very lucky man to have you on board Bothild, yes.gif

We the undersigned would like to thank the mods for all the good work they are doing. We believe the people posting the mods personal messages are cowards and should have there balls sent to the mem.

Bothild I

Bothild II

Watch out you two - next thing you know Tommy will be ordering you both to accompany him on his next overnighter at the Angel Inn.surrender.gif

Is Martyn Hocking the editor of the UK's preeminent consumer magazine and website?

I only ask because I would have assumed that such a position implies a degree of discernment and judgement, and yet I see you cosying up to otib's resident attention-seeker and suggesting that one of the longest-serving and most equitable moderators is some kind of power-crazed megalomaniac.

If you can't even tell your trolls from your troopers, how on earth am I supposed to trust you when you tell me that a Zanussi washing machine is a bit shit?

Good idea. Let's keep this City related (although I note that Martyn Hocking thought it appropriate to post in the same vein on this forum so I'm sure, in the interests of fairness, he won't object to this thread remaining here) so that it can stay where it is.

Best I can do off the top of my head is Norman Hunt(er).

I was thinking more of their tendency to equate 'forum moderator' with 'forum owner' - the final comment by MR on the locked thread about missing posts last night was patronising and childish - it's nothing to do with irony going over people's heads.

Using the word childish is a bit brave given your recent posts. Please stop the incessant whining, it's not good reading at all.

Can someone please tell what this is all about?

The usual navel-gazing rubbish.

I'd have the words "free speech" on the swear filter as they are only ever used by obnoxious twunts who want to be allowed to keep pumping out their annoying rubbish.

Read the "why was my post deleted" thread for background, unless it's been deleted.

Good idea. Let's keep this City related (although I note that Martyn Hocking thought it appropriate to post in the same vein on this forum so I'm sure, in the interests of fairness, he won't object to this thread remaining here) so that it can stay where it is

Best I can do off the top of my head is Norman Hunt(er).

Now I'm glad you brought that up because I've always wondered what was best between a delonghi kettle or a dualit ? I'm thinking in bcfc red to go with the kitchen!

Martyn hocking please can you help ?????

***** sake, before long it'll be an abandoned ship. Then people will bemoan that it's out of control. Its a no win situation. Maybe I should summon lord football over, it'd be amusing if nothing else

Tom - I' m surprised, given what you do for a living, that you can't see how inappropriate it is for a moderator on any forum to slag off the members of that forum in the way that MR did - this quote from him/her on the top of this thread is just ridiculous coming from a moderator - and would lead to their immediate removal from the position on any commercial forum:

'No offence intended Dan, but I was expecting that to be understood as 'the bleedin' obvious' even by the lowest IQ's on here. Although I can understand you felt the need to point it out for some posters, as so much irony and even sarcasim goes whoosing over many heads on here, so basic logic is probably hard for some to grasp.'

Moderators need to be viewed as the 'voice of commonsense and reason' on any forum or there is no point them being there.

Tom - I' m surprised, given what you do for a living, that you can't see how inappropriate it is for a moderator on any forum to slag off the members of that forum in the way that MR did - this quote from him/her on the top of this thread is just ridiculous coming from a moderator - and would lead to their immediate removal from the position on any commercial forum:

'No offence intended Dan, but I was expecting that to be understood as 'the bleedin' obvious' even by the lowest IQ's on here. Although I can understand you felt the need to point it out for some posters, as so much irony and even sarcasim goes whoosing over many heads on here, so basic logic is probably hard for some to grasp.'

Moderators need to be viewed as the 'voice of commonsense and reason' on any forum or there is no point them being there.

Wow I think I might actually be speechless for once.

Just Wow.

Come on, Martyn. If you're going to have the temerity to come on here and question the integrity of someone who has voluntarily donated more hours of his time to moderating the forum and running the prediction league than you have had hot dinners, at least have the good grace to explain how you find yourself in a professional position where integrity and impartiality are key to the role.

You routinely pander to the biggest shit-stirrer this forum's seen since the days of richieb, even referring to him as Robbo (please, somebody, pass me a sick bag) and yet you see fit to accuse someone with a long-standing track record of equity and fairness, someone who has done hours of work on your behalf without ever seeking or expecting any plaudits or recompense, of considering himself some kind of 'forum owner'?

I see from your write-up on the Which? website that you "can't bear bad customer service."A very honourable trait, I'm sure, but don't go getting carried away thinking that the customer is always right because, sometimes, they're not. And you're not really a customer anyway, since you don't pay for the privilege (for that is what it is) of using this forum. How about you grant us all access to the Which? website for free? And then, when you do, you quite happily sit back and let us all pick apart your reviewers and accuse them of bias and partiality when they're actually doing their job as best they can? Oh, and how about you stop paying those reviewers to carry out those reviews and start expecting them to do it for free, in their spare time, while they hold down a job?

Seriously. How about you show a bit of dignity, gratitude and contrition and offer Maesknoll Red an apology?

The only forum members offended by Maesknoll's post will be those to which it applies - as you've demonstrated. OTIB can do without them.

Now, stop ******* whinging. You're ruining it for the rest of us.

Archived