IGNORED

Best Game All Season...

spudski

...probably the most entertaining football game i've seen all season at the Gate. Regardless of the result, City and Burnley both tried to play football today, it was a joy to Witness.

Credit to Burnley, they never once tried to hoof it, even when big Chris came on. Chatting to a Burnley fan after, he said they play this way most weeks, except they have put away their chances in the past.

I thought the changes KM made, helped our Midfield. They looked more compact and composed, as they had options. Even when Cisse went off, LJ looked assured, and could have even scored had his volley been struck sweeter.

Our New Spanish signing from Barcelona... Juan Carlos Rodriguez ( JCR )gave me the jitters a couple of times, by trying to take on players in his own box a couple of times...playing it out from the back, Spanish style...taken a little to literally by our JCR. :D However, he brought a far better balance to our Midfield. Often coming back and defending, as well as making himself available in the middle when we were narrow, or on the left when we went down the wing.

I also thought Spence played well today, as well as Stewert. Both composed and always looking for a pass.

Although he didn't have much to do today, I thought DJ gave a hot and cold display. His lack of understanding with his forwards was a bit strange. Often berrating them, and then himself for poor kicks. KM was a little displeased with him on a few occasions.

I thought Burnley played a very open game, that probably helped our cause a bit. But at the end of the day, we took our chances and they didn't.

I'd be a very happy bunny, if we were to witness that type of football everyweek at the Gate. We actually played football today... :dancing6::dancing2:

Completely disagree with some of your points.

I thought Burnley were an aggressive bunch of thugs who spent more time kicking city players than the ball.

Plus I thought DJ had a fair few saves to make, which he did very well and didnt put a foot wrong all afternoon.

:D;) It doesn't take a lot...tbh, if we had won, drawn or lost, if City tried to play football like that everyweek, I would be happy. It was proper football. Even the long balls over the top, were not hopefull but planned and controlled.

It was apleasure today...and the crowd responded. Not just by the result, but the atmosphere changed completely from 5 mins in, when it became apparant we were playing football for a change.

Fans were smiling and singing today... :o:D

Completely disagree with some of your points.

I thought Burnley were an aggressive bunch of thugs who spent more time kicking city players than the ball.

Plus I thought DJ had a fair few saves to make, which he did very well and didnt put a foot wrong all afternoon.

Burnley tried to play football, but both teams were cynical in the last challenge. Quiet a few bookings today, considering. Looked like Pitman took an elbow as well at some point.

DJ...made some saves, but i didn't critisise that. I said his kicking was suspect today, as it wasn't on the same wave length as his forwards.

He argued with KM at one point, and mouthed 'Asshole'...whether at himself or KM, I don't know. He was constantly moaning at Maynard and Pitman for not getting at his kicks. He also berated himself and held his hand aloft twice, when he kicked poorly.

During warm up, he hurt his hand. Whether this was effecting him today, I don't know. But even during warm up, he spoke little to anyone, and everyone seemed edgy around him. Something was wrong today.

:D;) It doesn't take a lot...tbh, if we had won, drawn or lost, if City tried to play football like that everyweek, I would be happy. It was proper football. Even the long balls over the top, were not hopefull but planned and controlled.

It was apleasure today...and the crowd responded. Not just by the result, but the atmosphere changed completely from 5 mins in, when it became apparant we were playing football for a change.

Fans were smiling and singing today... :o:D

Yep, most of us left AG today feeling pretty pleased with what we'd just seen.

Tbf to Millen he has tried to get City playing football but has only managed to play properly in brief spells. Today was the first time City had managed a whole game of decent football for ages.

Its also worth pointing out that three of the worse culprits of the hoof ball Carey, Fontaine and McAllister were all missing and Nyatanga didn't hoof one all day and had possibly his best game at left back so far. It makes such a difference to see City's passes being mostly along the deck. Long may it continue.

Yep, most of us left AG today feeling pretty pleased with what we'd just seen.

Tbf to Millen he has tried to get City playing football but has only managed to play properly in brief spells. Today was the first time City had managed a whole game of decent football for ages.

Its also worth pointing out that three of the worse culprits of the hoof ball Carey, Fontaine and McAllister were all missing and Nyatanga didn't hoof one all day and had possibly his best game at left back so far. It makes such a difference to see City's passes being mostly along the deck. Long may it continue.

May I apologise to you Robbo, for starting this thread. I didn't see yours until i had posted it, otherwise i would of added to yours.

Yes...no hoof ball today. Nyantanga had plenty of options today. JCR tracked back and helped him, and Pitman gave that extra option up front, instead of jus a hopeful hoof to where he hoped Maynard would be.

May I apologise to you Robbo, for starting this thread. I didn't see yours until i had posted it, otherwise i would of added to yours.

Yes...no hoof ball today. Nyantanga had plenty of options today. JCR tracked back and helped him, and Pitman gave that extra option up front, instead of jus a hopeful hoof to where he hoped Maynard would be.

Plagiarism at its worst. :disapointed2se:

Plagiarism at its worst. :disapointed2se:

Plagiarism is not a crime but is disapproved more on the grounds of moral offence... ;):D

It was actually more like rushing to the laptop to write something positive for a change. I should have read the posts already posted ;):D

Burnley tried to play football, but both teams were cynical in the last challenge. Quiet a few bookings today, considering. Looked like Pitman took an elbow as well at some point.

DJ...made some saves, but i didn't critisise that. I said his kicking was suspect today, as it wasn't on the same wave length as his forwards.

He argued with KM at one point, and mouthed 'Asshole'...whether at himself or KM, I don't know. He was constantly moaning at Maynard and Pitman for not getting at his kicks. He also berated himself and held his hand aloft twice, when he kicked poorly.

During warm up, he hurt his hand. Whether this was effecting him today, I don't know. But even during warm up, he spoke little to anyone, and everyone seemed edgy around him. Something was wrong today.

That's fairly normal. He has no rapport at all with the rest of the team. Compare that with Gerken, who was chatting and laughing with Iwelumo at various times today.

Was a nice performance today. Millen took away the Negative football and switched the magnet around to Positive. Some great passes and movement from Adomah and even JCR. JCR impressed me today, first half he looked a bit dodgy but come the 2nd half was in his stride and played very well. He was my 2nd man of the match, Adomah was the best player on that pitch today. Caulker and Stewart were solid and did well, so well done to you lads, hope your the main CB's for the rest of the season. Keep playing like that Stewart and I will change my opinion about you.

I've never understood people say Pitman and Maynard cannot play together because there similar? So there similar in the way of having a poweful shot? Great aim? Speed? Vision? Including thinking a step ahead of what to do next (Which is required in the PL) If you got two of those players then by god you play them. If there similar then you got a greater chance of getting more goals.

Nyatanga was my only downfall today, he's a CB. Problem is we have a few of those and it's hard for him to compete for that role.

All round well done boys, the football was very exciting, I'ts been a few years since I have seen an exciting game down Ashton Gate.

That's fairly normal. He has no rapport at all with the rest of the team. Compare that with Gerken, who was chatting and laughing with Iwelumo at various times today.

Yes, I've noticed that for a while now. Other players and staff seem to be walking on egg shells around him. He speaks very little, grunts a few messages, and gets everyone to his beck and call. I watch his warm ups closely with Gerkin...maybe this is how he prepares himself for games and gets himself focussed...who knows.

I've heard a few things lately, that have confirmed my suspisions that all is not completely good. Hopefully it won't have any more negative effects on the team.

Thought you said yesterday that you wouldn't be going today due to the assholes in the ticket office?

You need to read the rest of that thread, to see the outcome. It's laughable. They still owe me... :rolleyes:

And yes...the Prem seating was half empty, so i could have sat in there.

Sorry, I lost the will to live about halfway through the thread. Glad to hear you were able to see the game.

Don't blame you mate tbh...I was just letting off steam. I've lost the will to live with the ticket office. The club can keep the money and i'll buy online only from now on.

I never thought i'd rather deal with a machine rather than a human... :(

Yes, I've noticed that for a while now. Other players and staff seem to be walking on egg shells around him. He speaks very little, grunts a few messages, and gets everyone to his beck and call. I watch his warm ups closely with Gerkin...maybe this is how he prepares himself for games and gets himself focussed...who knows.

I've heard a few things lately, that have confirmed my suspisions that all is not completely good. Hopefully it won't have any more negative effects on the team.

Just before kick off, James went around the team, hugging each of them and wishing them luck. Looked like he was giving Albert a lot of encouragement.

No no no.

He's detached and doesn't really care. Doesn't get involved with the other players. There's definitely something wrong.

Etc etc. disapointed2se.gif

James had to collect balls, their keeper had to save shots.

We now know that DJ's kicking is suspect and his two handed punches work maybe only 75% of the time (the rest of the time they fly 10ft to an opposition player) BUT he positions himself superbly, is cool under pressure and makes tough stops look easy.

I'm a born-again Jammo enthusiast. :innocent06:

Today, I thought Burnley gave little. We could have won 4-0 quite easily. Most of what PA's match report reckons were their 'chances' were hopeful 40 yard hit-and-hopes which were miles off target.

Both Albert and JCR proved very difficult for their lumpen defence to deal with and our frontmen capitalised. Albert, of course, MOM as he also provides a goal threat and can run back to defend, but JCR - despite moving in mysterious ways!!! - had a great game too.

My other observation on today was fair play to the sizeable Burnley away support - who came a flucking long way and sang throughout. Hope they squeeze into the play-offs at the expense of the Welsh welchers.

Nice to see Pitman and Maynard on the scoresheet, maybe my anti 4-4-2 stance is a bit premature.

It wasn't obvious to me what formation City were actually playing yesterday. It looked as closest to a diamond that I've seen City play for ages. The back four were exactly that - a back four but firstly Cisse and then Johnson sat deep just in front of them. Elliot stayed in and around center midfield. Albert stayed wide right most of the time but JCR seemed to have more freedom to take up what position he liked and roamed about to good effect. Pitman spent a fair portion of the game up the pitch on the left with Maynard in the middle.

Whatever it was it definately worked.

I'd be interested to know what others think the formation was.

It wasn't obvious to me what formation City were actually playing yesterday. It looked as closest to a diamond that I've seen City play for ages. The back four were exactly that - a back four but firstly Cisse and then Johnson sat deep just in front of them. Elliot stayed in and around center midfield. Albert stayed wide right most of the time but JCR seemed to have more freedom to take up what position he liked and roamed about to good effect. Pitman spent a fair portion of the game up the pitch on the left with Maynard in the middle.

Whatever it was it definately worked.

I'd be interested to know what others think the formation was.

I think you've summed it up correctly. It was definitely a 4-4-2.

Or maybe 4-5-1.

James played in goal. I know that much. innocent06.gif

...probably the most entertaining football game i've seen all season at the Gate. Regardless of the result, City and Burnley both tried to play football today, it was a joy to Witness.

Credit to Burnley, they never once tried to hoof it, even when big Chris came on. Chatting to a Burnley fan after, he said they play this way most weeks, except they have put away their chances in the past.

Indeed, it was an entertaining game of football with the ball played mainly on the floor and attacks going from end to end. However, Burnley did get rather silly toward the end when they were 2-0 down in always looking to get dodgy decisions from the referee - like their forward deliberately running into our defender for a free kick.

No no no.

He's detached and doesn't really care. Doesn't get involved with the other players. There's definitely something wrong.

Etc etc. disapointed2se.gif

Indeed, the anti-Christ aka David James.

Showing displeasure when it's David James is an example of arrogance from a man who thinks he's too good for BCFC. but when Louis Carey does the same it is leadership...

Utter bollocks

Archived