IGNORED

Nicky Hunt Info Please

bangers

Yesterday I was told that he is no longer training and he has quite a few issues outside of football. This came from a decent source.

Well, whatever is going on he played 90 minutes for the reserves today, so surely he must be training to have done that?

So if it aint performance related what could it be?

Seems to have a decent attitude? Maybe it's a health thing?

I think it is safe to say it IS performance related.

The guy has not performed once in any match he has played in; it must say something about how dire he has been because on the face of it he has not had that many chances.

However, one might argue that, on balance, the signings of copout have been 3 good and 1 bad? fair analysis? thats 75% - is that better than GJ or KM?

Granted, his wages are apparently on the high side so you could probably knock that down to 2/3rd's good i suppose.

Hopefully he'll find a new club in the isthmian league next season.

Remember Paul Mortimer? He was another one. I was quite young when he played for us, about 10 or 11, but i can remember him coming with a big reputation then being complete cack. He used to 'pull' his hamstring, everytime it wasn't going for him. Another inspired bit of business by Tiny Penis.

One of many I'm affraid! I hate TP I hope he finds his nose is made of cats ass and has to smell it for the rest of his life.

Bit of info I learnt about the Nicky hunt situation.

Km doesn't rate him at all

Hunt is more than happy picking up his wages week in week out and doesn't put the effort in during training in the week. Knows he isn't going to get a game and doesn't mind.

He will be gone in the summer most likely paid up and told to do one.

He doesn't have depression or another "problems".

And some of the other players think he is is shite as well not just km.

Seems he is only in it for the money and is happy to do **** all for it.

I personally think he should give his last year of wages to charity.

There we have it.

What are you on about, 'nice audi'... mass produced heap of crap made outside the UK previously sponsored by the Third Reich.

Not to mention that Audi sponsor Man U so in a long drawn out process were basically paying money to Man U. Third Reich ..... Man U, I think the Third Reich had some good ideas but I hate Man U with a passion!

Bit of info I learnt about the Nicky hunt situation.

Km doesn't rate him at all

Hunt is more than happy picking up his wages week in week out and doesn't put the effort in during training in the week. Knows he isn't going to get a game and doesn't mind.

He will be gone in the summer most likely paid up and told to do one.

He doesn't have depression or another "problems".

And some of the other players think he is is shite as well not just km.

Seems he is only in it for the money and is happy to do **** all for it.

I personally think he should give his last year of wages to charity.

There we have it.

Not really sure what that means...we can't just give his money away!

City are annoyed with him

He knows hes no good anymore and he is seeing his contract out with all the wages he is getting

It was Citys own fault for not assessing him before he came (Another Copout player)

Have you seen his new Audi R8 like Maynards. £170,000 worth.

GOD KNOWS WHAT SL IS PAYING HIM. No wonder SL is annoyed with the money that has been spent on players

Apart from Nicky Hunt, most of "Coput"s players aint doing too bad: Adamoah, Spencer & Cisse are now regulars and well worth their positions

As for the cars they have, that goes with the territory wether we like it or not

I really don't get this fixation with players cars...Anyone could own what they've got. Most are on lease hire.

I know a football agent who's given these 'types' of cars to drive by a company, so he can showcase them to footballers he meets and works with. Most are given very good deals.

Why do so many fans begrudge what players earn, when we all pay into their lifestyle by subsrcibing to the likes of Sky, then buy Replica shirts with their names on, and put them on a pedestal. No wonder most of 'em act like Caannnts...It's our own fault.

I really don't get this fixation with players cars...Anyone could own what they've got. Most are on lease hire.

I know a football agent who's given these 'types' of cars to drive by a company, so he can showcase them to footballers he meets and works with. Most are given very good deals.

Why do so many fans begrudge what players earn, when we all pay into their lifestyle by subsrcibing to the likes of Sky, then buy Replica shirts with their names on, and put them on a pedestal. No wonder most of 'em act like Caannnts...It's our own fault.

Totally agree. It's important to remember as well that there are only around 2,500 pro's in england. Only the top end of that earn enough from football to never have to work again.

It's an extremely skilled job, in one of the biggest entertainment industries in the world and we have made it that with our money. I agree we should get over that whole thing a bit.

I find all this Nicky Hunt bashing disgraceful!

The man gives hope to every single one of us that we could play football in the Premier League earning more than £10,000 a week without any talent what so ever! The man should be applauded!

Apart from Nicky Hunt, most of "Coput"s players aint doing too bad: Adamoah, Spencer & Cisse are now regulars and well worth their positions

Really? I haven't seen ANYTHING from Spencer all season long. He may as well had not played! :whistle2:

Here he is...

http://www.panacheba...ge/DSC_0257.jpg

and here with dane 'f-ing' bowers?

http://www.panacheba...ge/DSC_0265.jpg

Not that I am a qualified physchologist but I must admit from looking at these pictures he really doesnt look like someone who is suffering from a serious clinical disorder? MOre like someone who is creaming minimum of ten large ones for doing sweet FA?

LEECH

Anyone have any idea when these pics were taken? I presume it was a friday night as it says 'phat fridays' on them.

No footballer should be out on the piss the night before a game the next day, even if you are out of the squad or whatever, who's to say that half the team wont go down with a bug this saturday morning a la spurs before there game at west ham a few years ago?

That could well mean dear old nicky would have to pull his boots on and earn his ten grand for 90mins, just imagine how bad he would be after a skinful the night before!!

Anyone have any idea when these pics were taken? I presume it was a friday night as it says 'phat fridays' on them.

No footballer should be out on the piss the night before a game the next day, even if you are out of the squad or whatever, who's to say that half the team wont go down with a bug this saturday morning a la spurs before there game at west ham a few years ago?

That could well mean dear old nicky would have to pull his boots on and earn his ten grand for 90mins, just imagine how bad he would be after a skinful the night before!!

I believe it was Friday March 4th, if you want a laugh i advise you also go to this past Friday's events, you'll see a certain Leroy Lita making the most of the international break to pop back down here!!

Also on the subject of Hunt, my dad suffers with clinical depression, and in his worst state he cannot bring himself to sit up, let alone live it up at swanky nightclubs, so whilst i don't doubt he has problems, i just doubt they are associated with depression.

Also on the subject of Hunt, my dad suffers with clinical depression, and in his worst state he cannot bring himself to sit up, let alone live it up at swanky nightclubs, so whilst i don't doubt he has problems, i just doubt they are associated with depression.

If he does have clinical depression - this wont stop him from going out to a nightclub, quite the opposite....... It effects people in different ways of course.

The one thing I notice about these photo's is that he does not look like he's enjoying himself does he? He's having a photo with a very hot girl, yet he cant bring himself to smile for the camera!

Anyways, I aint gonna give him any stick on here or if he plays for us, just in case he does have depression. Football is only a game afterall and if he does have some serious issues in his life, then his well being is important than Bristol City.

If he does have clinical depression - this wont stop him from going out to a nightclub, quite the opposite....... It effects people in different ways of course.

The one thing I notice about these photo's is that he does not look like he's enjoying himself does he? He's having a photo with a very hot girl, yet he cant bring himself to smile for the camera!

Anyways, I aint gonna give him any stick on here or if he plays for us, just in case he does have depression. Football is only a game afterall and if he does have some serious issues in his life, then his well being is important than Bristol City.

An extremely common way of dealing with being clinically depressed is to shut yourself away from the world, and if you quite literally feel so bad that you cannot find it within yourself to wash/cook/go for a walk, then your not going to be thinking of going to a place so hugely populated as Panache. The England Cricketer Yardy is a good example, he was in a place most of us would love to be in, but he feels so bad that he had to come home, i would say that if Hunt is suffering then drinking is certainly not going to help.

Isn't this depression rumour exactly that anyway, a rumour?

None of us really no what the crack is with this bloke, but, weather he has depression or not, if he thinks being pictured in a nightclub on a friday night is ok, the night before he should really be working for the people who pay his wages by running around for 90mins, then he is taking the piss.

I certainly don't have any sympathy for him just because he isn't smiling for the camera!

exactly.

I'd love to know where these rumours start

This one came from me, actually, on another thread about Hunt that was started around the same time as this one: you can check it out if you wish.

I was told about it within a few weeks of Hunt joining the club, but thought it inappropriate to mention it here at the time given the personal nature of the information. However, we then started to get comments attacking Hunt, his performances (which I agree have been awful) his attitude and so on, some of them bordering on the abusive, so I decided, rightly or wrongly, to mention the possibility that he might have isues that accounted for the apparent decline in his career that would put a different slant on the matter. I could justifiably be criticised for disclosing what should arguably remain private, and I would accept any such criticism as perfectly valid, but I think you can understand why I thought I might be indirectly doing him a service in suggesting there may be another reason for his failures that come from something over which he has no control and which should evoke our sympathy rather than abuse based on ignorance.

I wouldn't do this if I didn't trust the source of the information. It came from a professional person who acts as a consultant to the club and who provides a clinical service on a self-employed basis. (This is a common arrangement: for instance, I once sought treatment from an osteopath and acupuncture practitioner who mentioned to me that he was also the clinician in his particular field of expertise for both Bristol City and Bristol Rovers.) The information came to me through an intermediary and I wouldn't know if the practitioner had treated Hunt personally, but I do know that neither of these people are the type to start frivolous rumours about such a serious subject.

I can, by the way, offer a comment about the nature of depression based on my own professional expertise, if it will help at all. I am retired now, but in my former career I did work in the mental health field for thirty years. Those who say it can manifest itself it many different ways are quite right. For instance, it can vary in severity over time. Of course, if one is suffering from the degree of clinical depression that is described by one poster above, then doing anything at all is almost impossible. It is a terrible affliction. In Hunt's case, however, assuming the story is true, a better comparison might be with someone like Marcus Trescothick, who could with enormous effort go out one day and make a century and the next day be in such a bad way that he had to return home. Pictures of Hunt in night clubs will tell you little or nothing about his mental state and how it affects his ability to do the job he's paid for.

I hope that helps to explain where all this has come from and why it might be significant.

An extremely common way of dealing with being clinically depressed is to shut yourself away from the world, and if you quite literally feel so bad that you cannot find it within yourself to wash/cook/go for a walk, then your not going to be thinking of going to a place so hugely populated as Panache. The England Cricketer Yardy is a good example, he was in a place most of us would love to be in, but he feels so bad that he had to come home, i would say that if Hunt is suffering then drinking is certainly not going to help.

Yes, this is at the very worse - there will be times when it wont be as bad as usual - also alot of people turn to drink, to make them feel better.

I have no idea if this rumour is true and I'm not saying it is. but what if it is?

This one came from me, actually, on another thread about Hunt that was started around the same time as this one: you can check it out if you wish.

I was told about it within a few weeks of Hunt joining the club, but thought it inappropriate to mention it here at the time given the personal nature of the information. However, we then started to get comments attacking Hunt, his performances (which I agree have been awful) his attitude and so on, some of them bordering on the abusive, so I decided, rightly or wrongly, to mention the possibility that he might have isues that accounted for the apparent decline in his career that would put a different slant on the matter. I could justifiably be criticised for disclosing what should arguably remain private, and I would accept any such criticism as perfectly valid, but I think you can understand why I thought I might be indirectly doing him a service in suggesting there may be another reason for his failures that come from something over which he has no control and which should evoke our sympathy rather than abuse based on ignorance.

I wouldn't do this if I didn't trust the source of the information. It came from a professional person who acts as a consultant to the club and who provides a clinical service on a self-employed basis. (This is a common arrangement: for instance, I once sought treatment from an osteopath and acupuncture practitioner who mentioned to me that he was also the clinician in his particular field of expertise for both Bristol City and Bristol Rovers.) The information came to me through an intermediary and I wouldn't know if the practitioner had treated Hunt personally, but I do know that neither of these people are the type to start frivolous rumours about such a serious subject.

I can, by the way, offer a comment about the nature of depression based on my own professional expertise, if it will help at all. I am retired now, but in my former career I did work in the mental health field for thirty years. Those who say it can manifest itself it many different ways are quite right. For instance, it can vary in severity over time. Of course, if one is suffering from the degree of clinical depression that is described by one poster above, then doing anything at all is almost impossible. It is a terrible affliction. In Hunt's case, however, assuming the story is true, a better comparison might be with someone like Marcus Trescothick, who could with enormous effort go out one day and make a century and the next day be in such a bad way that he had to return home. Pictures of Hunt in night clubs will tell you little or nothing about his mental state and how it affects his ability to do the job he's paid for.

I hope that helps to explain where all this has come from and why it might be significant.

fair enough. But its been doing the rounds for a lot longer than that.

fair enough. But its been doing the rounds for a lot longer than that.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that: I haven't been very active on the forum since about September and must have missed other posts relating to this issue. Interesting that others may have independently heard the same thing. That definitely didn't come from me as I haven't even mentioned it in conversation with anyone since I first heard about it, maybe August/September time, let alone posted anything on the forum.

not being funny but he does look ill in those photos. particulaly the first one. his face is all gaunt and he looks like he weighs about 9 stone.

and yes depression can have different effects on people an may not make him stay at home and become a loaner. look at gazza. hes suffering depression and has been for years but he could be drinking partners with charlie sheen and keep up the pace.

Archived