IGNORED

J C R

Abraham Romanovich

Must admit before the match I was saying that he contributed very little, getting the ball and running across the pitch

with the odd spin now and again with little offensive threat .

Frustrated me in much the same way Mciindoe use to play, a guy with obvious talent but was restricted by team orders.

2nd half he was superb, direct running unbelievable ball skill, towards the end as the clock was being run down

they couldn't get near him.

More of the same please

Very much the same point of view as myself. Never thought too much of his previous performances but yesterday he was brilliant. One of the best players out there and Burnley couldn't handle him at all. Brilliant move to get past the two defenders to put the ball in for Maynard in the second half. So close to putting that one in.

I have to agree, that was one of JCR's best performances for us, lets hope he continues in this vein.

The one thing i didn't like was his showboating in the corner, even after a free kick had been given. The ref gave him a right bolloking.

He was obviously enjoying himself, but that sort of thing is unnessary, especially from someone who hasn't performed consistantly all season. That sort of thing comes back to bite you on the arse hard.

A good performance non the less.

I have to agree, that was one of JCR's best performances for us, lets hope he continues in this vein.

The one thing i didn't like was his showboating in the corner, even after a free kick had been given. The ref gave him a right bolloking.

He was obviously enjoying himself, but that sort of thing is unnessary, especially from someone who hasn't performed consistantly all season. That sort of thing comes back to bite you on the arse hard.

A good performance non the less.

the showboating in the corner was great imo, it shows that like you said he was enjoying himself and it looked a happy team today.

He certainly appears to be one of this seasons fall guys, which suprises me as he is skillful, direct and not afraid to get stuck in.

As mentioned on another thread, our wide players seem to be given a great deal of scope to roam in order to affect the game, indeed there were times yesterday when both our wingers were to one side of the centre midfield pairing.

It's an interesting tactic, suggesting a degree of flamboyance over structure that I wouldnt necessarily associate with Millen, and certainly would never have associated with Johnson before him.

It is a role that suits Campbell-Ryce very well though, as when limited to a strict left sided role his desire to shift onto his right foot when cutting inside makes him predictable and ineffective. Given space other than a disciplined flank to work with his flair shines through as he has shown in the previous two games.

The only negative id take from yesterday would be the knock on affect Campbell-Ryce's performance will have on the fans perception of Woolford, who has clearly failed to shine leaving many unconvinced. It is important that not only is he (Woolford) allowed time to settle, but also that people perhaps realise he and JCR are fundamentally different players, each with their own benefits.

the showboating in the corner was great imo, it shows that like you said he was enjoying himself and it looked a happy team today.

Imho, you need to put in consistant performances on a regular basis, to even consider showboating and taking the piss out of fellow professionals. It may be fun for us fans, but someone will not take kindly to it one day, and he'll soon regret it. You don't see the likes of Lionel Messi taking the piss do you? Skill is one thing...

Imho, you need to put in consistant performances on a regular basis, to even consider showboating and taking the piss out of fellow professionals. It may be fun for us fans, but someone will not take kindly to it one day, and he'll soon regret it. You don't see the likes of Lionel Messi taking the piss do you? Skill is one thing...

So when can he do it? He had a good second half and full of confidence, fair play to him

So when can he do it? He had a good second half and full of confidence, fair play to him

Have you actually played football yourself, to a reasonable standard for a Club? If so, you would know, it's not the done thing, unless you're willing to take the backlash in future.

His tendency to dwell on the ball too long can be frustrating as it often slows down attacking moves, and when he does it on the edge of his own 18 yard box, as he did several time yesterday, it is positively hair-raising, but that said he obviously has skill and if it can be harnessed in the right way he can be an asset. Agree with others that he played very well and had probably his best game for us so far.

Have you actually played football yourself, to a reasonable standard for a Club? If so, you would know, it's not the done thing, unless you're willing to take the backlash in future.

but when trundle did it, people we're creaming in their pants!

Lets not criticise yesterdays performance or players. We looked likely to score from every attack. No-one had a bad game but best of all the players seemed to be enjoying playing at home where for most of the season they have looked petrified!! Maybe not the best game at AG this season so far, but probably the most enjoyable due to the fact we were so much on top and playing entertaining football. I've waited a long time this year to come away from the ground that happy and relaxed.

There's a difference between showboating and beating players. Correct me if I'm wrong but JCR beat the both of them in that incident did he not?

You will find some cock on the opposition will go through you if you take the piss needlessly not if you beat them.

so millen should fine JCR for showboating because he hasn't played much, but pat albert on the back for showboating because he's played every game?

Jeez some people have got funny ideas about show boating and beating their opponants with skill.

Trundle never show boated, he used tricks to beat players.

JCR, yesterday did exactly that. But on one occasion after the whistle had gone, he continued to play tricks in front of the defender he had just beat legitamatly. He then laughed at the defender, at which point the ref ran over and gave him a bolloking for doing it. That was needless showboating and rubbing it in the face of a fellow professional...

And as for fining him...who the **** suggested that? Don't put words in my mouth. Albert doesn't showboat either, he uses pace and skill and the odd occasional 'trick' to pass a player. A big difference.

JCr played extremely well yesterday, but it seems pointing out a flaw, in a very good performance is sacrilage on here. :disapointed2se:

1st half was playing way too central and most of Burnley's decent attacks were from their right in the first half. Brilliant second half was playing as a actual left winger although sometimes still wish he'd cross a little more epscially when in better crossing position than shooting with the likes of Maynard and Pitman in the box. Really played for the pitch one of the star players of the 2nd half along with Caulker Adomah and the front two.

Are we thinking about the same person? Surely not the Trundle who played for us? Who had an amazing ability to fanny about with the ball and produce very little, whilst slowing the game down?

JCR, yesterday did exactly that. But on one occasion after the whistle had gone, he continued to play tricks in front of the defender he had just beat legitamatly. He then laughed at the defender, at which point the ref ran over and gave him a bolloking for doing it. That was needless showboating and rubbing it in the face of a fellow professional...

Wrong on both counts, Trundle showboated consistently. To the point where he became famous on soccerAM for it. To say Lee Trundle never needlessly showboated to show off is about as ludicrous a statement as you could possibly make.

Secondly, JCR was spoken to by the ref because he had already been booked. By rights he should have been sent off for knocking the ball away. Thankfully the ref was leniant. JCR had a great game on saturday and this incident as you say, was the only bad thing he did. If I had been the ref I would have given him a second yellow, and if it had been an opposition player I'd have been up in arms about it.

Good and underrated player, JCR.

I think we saw on Saturday just what a difference it makes when JCR is given licence to roam about with more freedom. I have to admit that he hasn't impressed me much when he's been playing wide. He always looks lighwieght, predictable and is often short of service and consequently out of the game for lengthy periods.

Not so on Saturday. With a more central position he was much more involved, popping up all over the place and without the boundry of the touchline was able to utilise his quick feet much more effectively. Like many fans I though he was terrific and probably the best game I can remember from him in a City shirt.

Fair play to Millen for selecting him to play that role. I can see JCR making that role his own.

I think we saw on Saturday just what a difference it makes when JCR is given licence to roam about with more freedom. I have to admit that he hasn't impressed me much when he's been playing wide. He always looks lighwieght, predictable and is often short of service and consequently out of the game for lengthy periods.

Not so on Saturday. With a more central position he was much more involved, popping up all over the place and without the boundry of the touchline was able to utilise his quick feet much more effectively. Like many fans I though he was terrific and probably the best game I can remember from him in a City shirt.

Fair play to Millen for selecting him to play that role. I can see JCR making that role his own.

I think Millens hand was forced there robbo because Woolford has been a bit of a donkey and JCR had been good coming off the bench in recent games,

I think he had a decent game right the way through but so did 10 other players it was a really good performance I'd like to see more of the same not the inconsistant drivil thats been on show for the majority of the season,

Get us playing like that more often and we'll start seeing less of the backlash we suffered after the Norwich defeat

Wrong on both counts, Trundle showboated consistently. To the point where he became famous on soccerAM for it. To say Lee Trundle never needlessly showboated to show off is about as ludicrous a statement as you could possibly make.

Secondly, JCR was spoken to by the ref because he had already been booked. By rights he should have been sent off for knocking the ball away. Thankfully the ref was leniant. JCR had a great game on saturday and this incident as you say, was the only bad thing he did. If I had been the ref I would have given him a second yellow, and if it had been an opposition player I'd have been up in arms about it.

That's your opinion and you're wrong. JCR never kicked the ball away. He put his foot on it, after showboating then walked away, whilst getting the bollocking...it happened right in front of me. Thank God your not a ref, as i thought the ref did the right thing. So get your facts right before accusing people of being wrong.

As for Trundle...he used tricks to beat players. JCR, was just taking the piss...big difference.

Thankyou for your thoughts though...You put them across in such an authoritive manner, for such a young man.

I think Millens hand was forced there robbo because Woolford has been a bit of a donkey and JCR had been good coming off the bench in recent games,

I think he had a decent game right the way through but so did 10 other players it was a really good performance I'd like to see more of the same not the inconsistant drivil thats been on show for the majority of the season,

Get us playing like that more often and we'll start seeing less of the backlash we suffered after the Norwich defeat

I wouldn't say Millen's hand was forced, although I agree Woolford hasn't impressed much yet.

JCR came on at Norwich in that more central role and got an assist with Alberts goal and looked good. Maybe Millen saw then how effective JCR was in that position and thats why he was in the starting 11 on Saturday.

I

That's your opinion and you're wrong. JCR never kicked the ball away. He put his foot on it, after showboating then walked away, whilst getting the bollocking...it happened right in front of me. Thank God your not a ref, as i thought the ref did the right thing. So get your facts right before accusing people of being wrong.

As for Trundle...he used tricks to beat players. JCR, was just taking the piss...big difference.

Thankyou for your thoughts though...You put them across in such an authoritive manner, for such a young man.

He knocked the ball through the defenders legs, Not booting it away, but kicking it away none the less, I've seen people booked for that before and it was a little stupid for a chap on a yellow card to do it. Everyone around me saw it, everyone thought he was a little daft for doing it, and a lot of people said he was lucky not to get a second yellow... But you put your point across in such an authoritive manner, for such an old man, that I should just accept that all those people were wrong...:tumbleweed:(and you started it, before you get defensive.)

On Trundle, the first clip you find on youtube is an example of you being wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfQqdhg8ebQ.

For the record, I enjoyed Trundle's showboating, just pointing out that he did exactly what you say he didn't. I can't find any youtube footage of his chest and knee "catch" he used to do here... but thats another example.

He knocked the ball through the defenders legs, Not booting it away, but kicking it away none the less, I've seen people booked for that before and it was a little stupid for a chap on a yellow card to do it. Everyone around me saw it, everyone thought he was a little daft for doing it, and a lot of people said he was lucky not to get a second yellow... But you put your point across in such an authoritive manner, for such an old man, that I should just accept that all those people were wrong...:tumbleweed:(and you started it, before you get defensive.)

On Trundle, the first clip you find on youtube is an example of you being wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfQqdhg8ebQ.

For the record, I enjoyed Trundle's showboating, just pointing out that he did exactly what you say he didn't. I can't find any youtube footage of his chest and knee "catch" he used to do here... but thats another example.

No he didn't, the whistle went, and he continued tricks on the ball, after the whistle, whilst the defender stood there and watched. Then the ref ran over and bollocked him... And i started what, may i ask?

That's not friggin showboating by Trundle, he's received the ball on his chest, with his back to goal, allowed the spin of the ball to go over his shoulder, and turn in one movement to play the ball off. How is that needless Showboating? It was pure skill from a talented player. who allowed the ball to work for him, so he could turn in one movement to save time. What would you prefer he did? Chest it down, trap the ball, then turn, like more less gifted players? He never had pace, so used his natural skill to give him time. In the same way to a lesser extent Noble did.

Your understanding of showboating and football in general leaves a lot to be desired my friend. Without being funny, have you ever played yourself to a half decent standard? Because some of the comments you make, would leave me to think you haven't.

No he didn't, the whistle went, and he continued tricks on the ball, after the whistle, whilst the defender stood there and watched. Then the ref ran over and bollocked him... And i started what, may i ask?

That's not friggin showboating by Trundle, he's received the ball on his chest, with his back to goal, allowed the spin of the ball to go over his shoulder, and turn in one movement to play the ball off. How is that needless Showboating? It was pure skill from a talented player. who allowed the ball to work for him, so he could turn in one movement to save time. What would you prefer he did? Chest it down, trap the ball, then turn, like more less gifted players? He never had pace, so used his natural skill to give him time. In the same way to a lesser extent Noble did.

Your understanding of showboating and football in general leaves a lot to be desired my friend. Without being funny, have you ever played yourself to a half decent standard? Because some of the comments you make, would leave me to think you haven't.

Yes, he did. He knocked it through the defenders legs.

dispute it all you like, but that happened.

And of course it's showboating, What planet are you on. HE HAD A ******* SEGMENT ON SOCCER AM CALLED "SHOWBOAT" DEDICATED TO HIM. THAT IS WHERE THE PHRASE WAS COINED, WHERE THE PHRASE BECAME POPULAR.

And yes Spud, at twenty years old I have an illustrious career as a semi-professional footballer to look back on... :tumbleweed: I suppose you (like so many anonymous posters) have a fine history within the game, and will back that up... There again, Mark Bright played in the Prem and Claridge played for a million clubs... They both know nothing about football... may I suggest you're more similar to them than David James and Clarke Carlisle? or is that insinuation a little more rude than yours?

Yes, he did. He knocked it through the defenders legs.

dispute it all you like, but that happened.

And of course it's showboating, What planet are you on. HE HAD A ******* SEGMENT ON SOCCER AM CALLED "SHOWBOAT" DEDICATED TO HIM. THAT IS WHERE THE PHRASE WAS COINED, WHERE THE PHRASE BECAME POPULAR.

And yes Spud, at twenty years old I have an illustrious career as a semi-professional footballer to look back on... :tumbleweed: I suppose you (like so many anonymous posters) have a fine history within the game, and will back that up... There again, Mark Bright played in the Prem and Claridge played for a million clubs... They both know nothing about football... may I suggest you're more similar to them than David James and Clarke Carlisle? or is that insinuation a little more rude than yours?

We'll have to agree to disagree my friend, as i can't compete with a 21 year old, who thinks Mark Bright and Steve Claridge know nothing about football :disapointed2se: I'm sure your great knowledge of football gained from Soccer AM and the like, far outways all of their playing experience. :disapointed2se: I bow down to your greater knowledge of the game...

As for my playing Career...I played semi Professional Football for many years, and had trials with Swindon before my knee got screwed. No big deal, but it did give me some insight to the game, instead of just watching from an armchair. I've also done Coaching badges...which means **** all tbh, because any dimwit can pass them in this Country.

In future i'll just ignore your posts and i suggest you do the same with mine, because we obviously aren't singing from the same hymn sheet.

Archived