IGNORED

Wales V England Game

BcfcAllen

How come it's not on ITV or BBC?

The Beeb have got the boat race between Oxford and Cambridge on instead, seriously outside of the people who went to university there who gives a f..k about it? I suppose it's a case of the old boys same ties brigade behind the scenes thinking we care.

The Beeb have got the boat race between Oxford and Cambridge on instead, seriously outside of the people who went to university there who gives a f..k about it? I suppose it's a case of the old boys same ties brigade behind the scenes thinking we care.

How many people have ever rowed competitively? I can only think of one person that I've know who did and she was at both Cambridge and Oxford during the 80's. Its a minority, university based sport which the general public don't a damn about.

Pathetic that the BBC should show a toffs boat race live and make a fuss about it.

Agreed robbored. Its a minority sport why chose that over the national game?! I cant find the game on that link does anyone have any other sites?

I agree that the England game should be on Normal TV but so should the boat race. I know few give a dam, I never watch it. But it is a Great British tradition and with Political Correctness going mad, we are losing our traditions one by one. Every country around the world has a national dress, folk songs etc etc. What is ours?

I agree that the England game should be on Normal TV but so should the boat race. I know few give a dam, I never watch it. But it is a Great British tradition and with Political Correctness going mad, we are losing our traditions one by one. Every country around the world has a national dress, folk songs etc etc. What is ours?

Transition-Local-Authority-Somerset.jpg

This.

Traditions are invented and re-invented. Would we really be going down the drain if a boat race between Oxford and Cambridge was not televised? Football is our national sport and it is wrong that you can watch rowers on tv (without paying), but can't watch our national football team play.

As for political correctness ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmkHLiZMJeU

The short answer is money. Football goes to the highest bidder and with the coalition having already capitulated to Murdoch it is only a matter of time before there will be no football (or perhaps any major sport) on free to air TV. Somebody has to pay for crap players to get outrageous wages, just as we all have to pay to ensure the bankers get their £1m bonuses.:disapointed2se:

I thought all England games were classed as one of the 'national treasures' that had to be on terrestrial television?

Agreed, home or away England should be on terrestrial TV.. how much is the licence these days? over £130 if i recall. disapointed2se.gif

at least we still have the boat race and grand national !

Archived