IGNORED

Wales V England Game

BcfcAllen

The game was live on ESPN in the states for free!!

Isn't Bent slow...Maynard must be thinking if he can get a game in the Premier League he has a real chance of an England Cap...!

Well Bent's significantly faster than Maynard!

SKY has the England away games and ITV has the home games. It's as simple as that.

The short answer is money. Football goes to the highest bidder and with the coalition having already capitulated to Murdoch it is only a matter of time before there will be no football (or perhaps any major sport) on free to air TV. Somebody has to pay for crap players to get outrageous wages, just as we all have to pay to ensure the bankers get their £1m bonuses.:disapointed2se:

What is this mysterious "free to air" TV? The last time I looked I had to pay a licence fee to watch the BBC etc.

At least with Sky I get a choice whether I pay or not.

Friday night & Sat morning a Welsh studio expert on Sky was telling us how 79,000 passionate Welsh fans would lift their team and help tham v England.

After 15 minutes of the match a Welsh studio expert was telling us that the England team being Prem players are used to large crowds whereas the Welsh players aren't. How do rugby players cope then when used to club attendances of just a couple of thou?

As for the Boat Race, just like the Varsity rugby match, these are BBC staples because so many high up TV execs went to one of those unis. Remember those unis might be educationally top, but not in sport they aint. When the university rowing championships come round the likes of Loughborough and Durham leaving the Oxbridge pair standing.

Friday night & Sat morning a Welsh studio expert on Sky was telling us how 79,000 passionate Welsh fans would lift their team and help tham v England.

After 15 minutes of the match a Welsh studio expert was telling us that the England team being Prem players are used to large crowds whereas the Welsh players aren't. How do rugby players cope then when used to club attendances of just a couple of thou?

As for the Boat Race, just like the Varsity rugby match, these are BBC staples because so many high up TV execs went to one of those unis. Remember those unis might be educationally top, but not in sport they aint. When the university rowing championships come round the likes of Loughborough and Durham leaving the Oxbridge pair standing.

The funny thing is apparently Oxford Brookes have a better squad, when they graduate from there they are snapped up by Oxford. UWE are apparently one of the best teams in the country.

The funny thing is apparently Oxford Brookes have a better squad, when they graduate from there they are snapped up by Oxford. UWE are apparently one of the best teams in the country.

If we're talking football as well then both Oxford and Cambridge are pretty average in comparison to Brookes and UWE - particularly UWE who are one of the best Uni football teams out there.

I like

Just returned. Boring game. Good atmosphere in the England end. Couldn't hear the Taffs. Minor highlight was hearing the England lads sing, 'your just a small town in Bristol'.... Quality

I like that.. :laugh:

Archived