IGNORED

Parking At Ashton Gate

ralphindevon

I'm sure this must of been done before, if it has I wasn't paying attention, sorry.

I'm coming over for the match on Saturday and for the first time in ages I will be driving to the game.

not wanting to get the hire car windows smashed or a parking ticket, which I've read a lot about, can anyone suggest a good parking place. I don't mind paying.

Do Bemmy Cricket club still offer parking? If so is it pay on the day first come first serve and do you have to get there early to be sure of a place? That would suit me as I will be heading to the M5 (south west) after the match.

Thanks.

I've just taken a look at Google Maps, interested to see the roads around AG.

There is a match taking place at AG and there's a load of traffic parked up on the LA Bypass, interesting.

that'll be dogwalkers. They come from miles around to use the ashton vale site.

The only slight warning with the cricket club is that it isnt always available if there has been a lot of rain, as its a field and can get muddy. Hopefully we wont get that much rain this week and its very rarely closed, but worth bearing in mind.

Personally I tend to just park somewhere in Bedminster (or the cricket club if I'm running late), usually able to find somewhere as long as you dont mind a little bit of a walk. Personally I've never seen a car with its wondows smashed on my way back.

I've just taken a look at Google Maps, interested to see the roads around AG.

There is a match taking place at AG and there's a load of traffic parked up on the LA Bypass, interesting.

Yeah, I remember seeing that some time ago and found a date attached to it which I looked up and, if I remember rightly, we were playing Yeovil, so spring 2007.

Look...keep this to yourself ok but.........loads of free room round the ind estate past where the Ship & Castle used to be (up past Babcock eng)

Ignore the pretty girls charging to park round by the car auctions - just follow road around to the right and loadsa free room..

But like I say......Shhhhh...mum's the word....dont tell anyone else :shutup:

Look...keep this to yourself ok but.........loads of free room round the ind estate past where the Ship & Castle used to be (up past Babcock eng)

Ignore the pretty girls charging to park round by the car auctions - just follow road around to the right and loadsa free room..

I used to park there for years.......until I got my window smashed and stereo nicked. Maybe it was just a one off but I can't risk it with a hire car and being in the country for such a short time to sort it out.

Cheers anyway.

It can be a bugger getting out after the game though because of the traffic lights.

I used to park there for years.......until I got my window smashed and stereo nicked. Maybe it was just a one off but I can't risk it with a hire car and being in the country for such a short time to sort it out.

Cheers anyway.

Phone the ticket office Friday morning and ask for a space in the Winterstoke Car Park, they will take telephone number and phone you back for payment in the afternoon - cost £5

I'm sure this must of been done before, if it has I wasn't paying attention, sorry.

I'm coming over for the match on Saturday and for the first time in ages I will be driving to the game.

not wanting to get the hire car windows smashed or a parking ticket, which I've read a lot about, can anyone suggest a good parking place. I don't mind paying.

Do Bemmy Cricket club still offer parking? If so is it pay on the day first come first serve and do you have to get there early to be sure of a place? That would suit me as I will be heading to the M5 (south west) after the match.

Thanks.

Try the Aldi car park on North Street. Technically, you can't park there for longer than two hours.

If you do, you'll get a series of nasty letters from the company who operate the car park, threatening legal action, but I know for a fact that they don't chase non-payers through the courts as it's not worth their while to do so.

Just passing on some info.

Try the Aldi car park on North Street. Technically, you can't park there for longer than two hours.

If you do, you'll get a series of nasty letters from the company who operate the car park, threatening legal action, but I know for a fact that they don't chase non-payers through the courts as it's not worth their while to do so.

Just passing on some info.

Its because they have no legal standing to take you to court. The only legal parking tickets are ones from the police and councils, private firms are not.

Never pay a private parking ticket, there is nothing they can do.They get people to pay by worrying them into the idea if they dont pay quick it will go up, court etc, but there is very little that can actually do.

Its because they have no legal standing to take you to court. The only legal parking tickets are ones from the police and councils, private firms are not.

Never pay a private parking ticket, there is nothing they can do.They get people to pay by worrying them into the idea if they dont pay quick it will go up, court etc, but there is very little that can actually do.

You are right.

I think the law says that, technically, they could attempt to get a court order forcing you to pay, but the reality is that the court fees are so high that the private car parking companies don't tend to resort to the law. That said, I have no idea if they send somebody round to your house to knock on the door at midnight, scaring your kids!

You are right.

I think the law says that, technically, they could attempt to get a court order forcing you to pay, but the reality is that the court fees are so high that the private car parking companies don't tend to resort to the law. That said, I have no idea if they send somebody round to your house to knock on the door at midnight, scaring your kids!

Thanks for the info' I didn't realise that, they would have a long walk to come and knock on my door at night. I'll bear it mind for future trips.

I think I will take the cricket club option this time, that way I can jog back after the game and be on the motorway in no time at all.

Thanks.

I have arrived at Hendre Road or Gores Marsh Road at about 2.30 for pretty much every home game in the last 14 years and always find a space within the vicinity. There is loads of street parking near the ground in these streets, get there before 2.30 and you will have no problems. Don't understand people who pay when there are so many free parking areas in local streets.

I have arrived at Hendre Road or Gores Marsh Road at about 2.30 for pretty much every home game in the last 14 years and always find a space within the vicinity. There is loads of street parking near the ground in these streets, get there before 2.30 and you will have no problems. Don't understand people who pay when there are so many free parking areas in local streets.

Exactly. I usually park around Chessel Street/Aubrey Street. A short 10-15 minute walk and free.

Archived