IGNORED

Mathematically Safe

I think some people have forgot what an achievement Keith has done to turn this season around. At one point it looked like we were doomed, rock bottom with one win up to October 19th.

KM has done extremely well to get us safe with 5 games to go but sadly there are some who don't want to acknowledge this great feat.

BCAGFC

KM has done extremely well to get us safe with 5 games to go but sadly there are some who don't want to acknowledge this great feat.

BCAGFC

Too right, I think we had 6 points from our first 33 possible.

Well done, Keith.

Tonight's result, even with a host of first choice defenders missing, just shows the progress from the Coppell shambles in the corresponding first home game.

Yes we are now safe, so Keith let's now play a few of our own youngsters. Let's see what they can offer us for next season. We will never have a better chanc

Maybe, just maybe, Keith knows exactly what they can offer us which is why he isn't playing them!

Frankly, if they aren't good enough then I don't want them anywhere near the first team.

Maybe, just maybe, Keith knows exactly what they can offer us which is why he isn't playing them!

Frankly, if they aren't good enough then I don't want them anywhere near the first team.

Some people on here really make me laugh.

What your saying is then, our academy is a total waste of time and is costing us millions to run. What a load of tosh, have you ever seen any of our youngsters play.

I think you really do come from Venus!!!!!

Totally agree with all above.

Well done Keith.

Anyone who was at the fan's meeting in the Dolman Hall and heard him explaining the incredibly bad hand of cards he had been dealt when he took over (but without any bitterness, just realism) will appreciate what he has achieved.

None of us will ever know what goes on at training or in the dressing room, but from the snippets I hear, there is no doubt that he has the squad with him now and recent results prove that.

After our disastrous start this season, all I ever expected was survival in the NPC (now achieved) followed by some squad restructuring this summer led by Milly and Wiggles. Actually there is no major surgery required but (assuming Caulker is not coming back) focussing on strengthening our defence and (as Robbored, rightly, keeps reminding us) the introduction of a creative midfielder.

Assuming we hang on to Maynard, personally I don't think we need to change the strike force at all, it is already superb.

For all you Millen doubters, I believe it is now certain that CS will keep in place the current football management team for the start of next season.

Bring it on, with a good pre-season and no management disruption we can go far next season.

costing us millions to run

After funding I believe It costs about £200k a year I believe. (maybe less) Hardly millions, especially when you calculate how much revenue its brought in the past

After funding I believe It costs about £200k a year I believe. (maybe less) Hardly millions, especially when you calculate how much revenue its brought in the past

That's not my arguement. All I'm saying is that It's time for KM to now play a few of the young hopefuls, so that he knows what to keep or perhaps get rid of. Look at my first post on this thread.

Some people on here really make me laugh.

What your saying is then, our academy is a total waste of time and is costing us millions to run. What a load of tosh, have you ever seen any of our youngsters play.

I think you really do come from Venus!!!!!

Our 'makeshift' back-line just kept a clean sheet at one of the form teams in the league, why would you break that up? Can't expect youngsters to hit the highs straight away, if our back line are in form then keep them together.

Our 'makeshift' back-line just kept a clean sheet at one of the form teams in the league, why would you break that up? Can't expect youngsters to hit the highs straight away, if our back line are in form then keep them together.

I'm on about making the odd change, like bringing in Joe Edwards, I never even mentioned the back line. But now you come to mention it, if you think LN and DS are quality defenders, then we are in big trouble next season. This is now the idea time to see what some of our youngsters are made of. We are not going up and now we are not going down. You would also get 100% out of the kids who were picked, because they know they have to prove something.

That's not my arguement. All I'm saying is that It's time for KM to now play a few of the young hopefuls, so that he knows what to keep or perhaps get rid of. Look at my first post on this thread.

We haven't got any youngsters good enough to play

I think some people have forgot what an achievement Keith has done to turn this season around. At one point it looked like we were doomed, rock bottom with one win upto October 19th.

I think some people forget that Keith played more then his part in putting us in the sh*t in the first place! credit where credits due though, the last 2/3 months he seems to be turning the corner and slowly taking us in the right direction.

For me, the jury is still well and truely out on him, but cant argue he should now be given the summer and see where we are come Christmas. Next year is a massive season for us, and challenging for the play-offs this time next year is a must...

I think some people forget that Keith played more than his part in putting us in the sh*t in the first place! credit where credits due though, the last 2/3 months he seems to be turning the corner and slowly taking us in the right direction.

For me, the jury is still well and truely out on him, but cant argue he should now be given the summer and see where we are come Christmas. Next year is a massive season for us, and challenging for the play-offs this time next year is a must...

Can you explain this? What did he do over and above his role as coach under the previous 2 managers to put us into trouble? I would suggest his major error (if any) was not to stand up for the job when SC came in and said he would stand aside if he wanted it. It would have saved us a large dose of upheaval and we would have had a better squad earlier in the season in my opinion. That's with the huge, huge, benefit of hindsight though, something only people on this forum have the luxury of indulging in..

I think some people forget that Keith played more then his part in putting us in the sh*t in the first place! credit where credits due though, the last 2/3 months he seems to be turning the corner and slowly taking us in the right direction.

How exactly did KM put us in the ****?

I was very concerned in January that we were going to get sucked into a relegation battle right to the end of the season however in the last couple of games we have found ourselves looking at the number of points between us and the play-offs (although I dont know anyone who honestly believed we could do that).

Well done KM and the team, not a great season but at least we are still going to be in the Championship next year. :city:

Now we need to keep hold of Maynard.

Utter tosh!

TWICE, KM has been charged with saving us from a less than comfortable league situation, due to managerial departures.

TWICE KM has succeeded in saving us from those positions, whilst bringing in some added quality with his dealings in the transfer market.

As for slow progress over the last 2/3 months.... I wouldn't call 2 defeats, 1 draw and 6 wins in our last 9 games Slow!

Why are so many people so quick to try and knock the man, who, without any doubt, is doing a good job?!

Perhaps a more supportive attitude from everyone (not aimed the the poster individually) both inside and outside AG would be another added benefit that can surly onkly help the team.

Things, whilst I agree are not all perfect, are really not too bad and whatever happens next season - we can at least look forward to it with a reasonable degree of optimism, imho.

If turning things around from almost certs for relegation, to attaining another comfortable mid table finish in a competetive division, is all so bad, i dread to think what many of the "Bigger" clubs that will finish below us this season must be feeling - Let alone our neighbours from the darkside!!

Well done Keith and well done Steve and the Board.

Keith is really starting to show that he has a grip on this squad and where he wants it to go.

Steve has been rewarded for showing faith in the manager at the right time. After our run of poor results after the Cardiff home game things weren't looking too good, but everything now bodes well for the coming season.

Just need Nicky to sign up, clear a few injuries and we'll be ready to go.

I think Keith's done a great job.Looking back a few months ago all peopled cared about was surviving and anything else was a bonus. Keith has achieved this easily and we are playing some better football now. Anyone who thinks we could have done better than mid table with our start to the season is deluded. If you want to see where we could have been, listen to Mickey Adams interview from last night:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/12968163.stm

its just painful and put its all in perspective. I for one am delighted Keith has saved us.

Archived