IGNORED

Mathematically Safe

I think some people forget that Keith played more then his part in putting us in the sh*t in the first place! credit where credits due though, the last 2/3 months he seems to be turning the corner and slowly taking us in the right direction.

For me, the jury is still well and truely out on him, but cant argue he should now be given the summer and see where we are come Christmas. Next year is a massive season for us, and challenging for the play-offs this time next year is a must...

fair enough most of that is just in your IMO and you have every right to have that some will see as a move negative slant but thats how you see it. Though I do not see why we MUST be challenging for play offs? yes we have spent quite a lot in recent years but except from a few years back where we made the play offs from momentum of the high of being promoted have otherwise been a mid table team . I'd personally be happy with a top top 12 finish next season aslong as the team is getting better and Millen is doing the right things.

Amazing isn't it? City are now mathematically safe after one of the most difficult season in recent times and there is a plethora of praise for the man who some fans thought was the wrong choice. Some of us had faith all along and predicted way back that City would finish safely and in mid-table.

Just goes to show that many fans fail to see or understand the wider picture and react on a match by match basis.

fair enough most of that is just in your IMO and you have every right to have that some will see as a move negative slant but thats how you see it. Though I do not see why we MUST be challenging for play offs? yes we have spent quite a lot in recent years but except from a few years back where we made the play offs from momentum of the high of being promoted have otherwise been a mid table team . I'd personally be happy with a top top 12 finish next season aslong as the team is getting better and Millen is doing the right things.

we're only 2 wins short of a playoff challenge this year and our form has been very patchy. Its not too big of a leap for Millen to get us in and around them next season.

Utter tosh!

TWICE, KM has been charged with saving us from a less than comfortable league situation, due to managerial departures.

TWICE KM has succeeded in saving us from those positions, whilst bringing in some added quality with his dealings in the transfer market.

As for slow progress over the last 2/3 months.... I wouldn't call 2 defeats, 1 draw and 6 wins in our last 9 games Slow!

Why are so many people so quick to try and knock the man, who, without any doubt, is doing a good job?!

Perhaps a more supportive attitude from everyone (not aimed the the poster individually) both inside and outside AG would be another added benefit that can surly onkly help the team.

Things, whilst I agree are not all perfect, are really not too bad and whatever happens next season - we can at least look forward to it with a reasonable degree of optimism, imho.

If turning things around from almost certs for relegation, to attaining another comfortable mid table finish in a competetive division, is all so bad, i dread to think what many of the "Bigger" clubs that will finish below us this season must be feeling - Let alone our neighbours from the darkside!!

utter tosh??....your opinion.,,,,

knock the man? no...I gave my opinion and if you actually read the post, I also give the man credit. "Doing a good job"? at the minute yes, but im just saying he still has a long way to go to prove he is the man to take this club forward.

As for the supportive attitude...I attend every home game, I clap the players and I never boo. I use this forum to vent my opinions and concerns, as I thought that was what a forum was for......

Can you explain this? What did he do over and above his role as coach under the previous 2 managers to put us into trouble? I would suggest his major error (if any) was not to stand up for the job when SC came in and said he would stand aside if he wanted it. It would have saved us a large dose of upheaval and we would have had a better squad earlier in the season in my opinion. That's with the huge, huge, benefit of hindsight though, something only people on this forum have the luxury of indulging in..

No your right......Keith Millen did nothing to influence the squad under previous managers, and had no say in anything under Johnson and Coppell....jesus.

Ive explained many a time in debates with Robbored and Donald the roles of assistant managers, I really cant be bothered to go into it all again. It just makes me laugh how Teflon Keith gets NO blame for this season, from some people.

As I said, I give him credit for the turn around the last 2 or 3 months, but I certainly wont be admitting im wrong (just yet). This season has still be extremely poor, and although the results have improved lately, performances havent.

Its gonna be tough next season, the whole "he needs time" argument and "its not his squad" argument, cant be used. Good luck to the bloke, I really hope this time in 12 months I find myself on here saying "you know what, I was wrong, I apologise". Unlike some people on this forum, ill hold my hands up if im wrong about a manager

I have nothing personal against the bloke either, before anyone says otherwise

utter tosh??....your opinion.,,,,

knock the man? no...I gave my opinion and if you actually read the post, I also give the man credit. "Doing a good job"? at the minute yes, but im just saying he still has a long way to go to prove he is the man to take this club forward.

As for the supportive attitude...I attend every home game, I clap the players and I never boo. I use this forum to vent my opinions and concerns, as I thought that was what a forum was for......

Please read my post properly. I said it was not aimed at you.

You appear to have a "downer" on KM and what he has achieved. Why? I don't know. You are not alone.

FACTS are that twice he has turned around a problematic situation that he has inherrited from outgoing managers. We are only a couple of wins away from being involved in a playoff push 4 wins away from being right in the mix. That is encouraging, given the turmoil and injuries that have been major obsticles throughout the season.

Of course KM has alot more to learn and alot more to prove. He is a young, rookie manager.

If he were to have an end of term school report sent home then surely it is not unfair sto think it might say the following...

" Keith has progressed well this year, after a slow start. He is showing better application and is begining to forge good relationships with his peers and staff. Keith is showing promise and given the right support, he could do very well. Keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing further improvement over the next year"

I think some people forget that Keith played more then his part in putting us in the sh*t in the first place! credit where credits due though, the last 2/3 months he seems to be turning the corner and slowly taking us in the right direction.

For me, the jury is still well and truely out on him, but cant argue he should now be given the summer and see where we are come Christmas. Next year is a massive season for us, and challenging for the play-offs this time next year is a must...

Or since mid October, or 73% of our games this season. The numbers back it up if you care to look (don't start, Nibor ;))

Amazing isn't it? City are now mathematically safe after one of the most difficult season in recent times and there is a plethora of praise for the man who some fans thought was the wrong choice. Some of us had faith all along and predicted way back that City would finish safely and in mid-table.

Just goes to show that many fans fail to see or understand the wider picture and react on a match by match basis.

Its been a tough year, a learning curve too. A lot has been going on from SL stepping down, The stadium fight, GJ, then Coppell, the at the last min KM has to step and do what Coppell couldn't or wouldn't., A crrok Maynard out of the season.

Dam right he deserves praise, and so do all the squad.

We keep Maynard, James, Elliot, Carey, add some more quality and keep our fingers crossed, with a pre season under his belt and players he can work with we will be there around the top 6

It just makes me laugh how Teflon Keith gets NO blame for this season, from some people.

I have nothing personal against the bloke either, before anyone says otherwise

You call him Teflon Keith in one sentence then go on to say you have nothing personal against him, contradict yourself much?

You might want to read my post again. As for the other points... well, my post still stands.

I did read your post, perhaps you should read mine, you said 'Can't expect youngsters to hit the highs straight away' Well isn't this the idea time to try them out, with a few games to go and nothing riding on it.

Someone on here also seems to think that we have not got any young kids coming through, which is absolute tosh. I recommend he goes down and watch a few reserve games. KM and CS have already mentioned that they are tightening the purse strings next season, so hopefully a few kids will shine.....Again this is the time to find out. Liverpool did it in the week with a lad who played at the back and he didn't let anyone down, so why can't we??

I did read your post, perhaps you should read mine, you said 'Can't expect youngsters to hit the highs straight away' Well isn't this the idea time to try them out, with a few games to go and nothing riding on it.

You evidently misread totally then - nowhere did I comment on LN/DS's ability as defenders. They are undeniably forming a strong partnership right now though.

Someone on here also seems to think that we have not got any young kids coming through, which is absolute tosh. I recommend he goes down and watch a few reserve games. KM and CS have already mentioned that they are tightening the purse strings next season, so hopefully a few kids will shine.....Again this is the time to find out. Liverpool did it in the week with a lad who played at the back and he didn't let anyone down, so why can't we??

If they're good enough, they'll play. If they're not yet, they won't. I can't be the only one who doesn't see the point in weakening the starting line-up for the sake of it. If they were taking the places of players like Akinde and Sproule, fair enough, but they aren't.

You call him Teflon Keith in one sentence then go on to say you have nothing personal against him, contradict yourself much?

no not really, its called a tongue in cheek comment.....as I said, I have nothing personal against the bloke. Im sure he is a nice bloke. I just have massive doubts whether he is the right man to take this club to the next step, which is where Lansdown and co want us to be, sooner rather then later.

Talk about being picky

After funding I believe It costs about £200k a year I believe. (maybe less) Hardly millions, especially when you calculate how much revenue its brought in the past

Funnily enough Tom, I had a phone call last week from th City Foundation about helping to fund the Academy by becoming a Foundation member, and in his opening patter, he stated that it cost £1m a year to run.

I am pretty sure, that it was Sl or CS who said it costs about £200k in a BEP article(?)

I know who I choose to believe....

Funnily enough Tom, I had a phone call last week from th City Foundation about helping to fund the Academy by becoming a Foundation member, and in his opening patter, he stated that it cost £1m a year to run.

I am pretty sure, that it was Sl or CS who said it costs about £200k in a BEP article(?)

I know who I choose to believe....

I think the operative phrase in Tom's post was "After Funding". Not sure if the foundation membership is part of the funding (would assume so) but there are also grants from other places, like here. So it is quite possible that the total cost is over £1m, but the cost after funding is £200k

not sure if the Andy0898 is aimed at me? but if so, good one. A well thought out mature post. My turn

"....your gay...."

now you go?:noexp:

Clearly I meant Andy0898 :yawn:

And hey, you moan your comments about 'teflon' Keith are tongue in cheek indicating you can have a laugh, but then you get all sarky when I make a jibe about yours and robbos feuds.

"...I know you are but what am I?..."

No your right......Keith Millen did nothing to influence the squad under previous managers, and had no say in anything under Johnson and Coppell....jesus.

Ive explained many a time in debates with Robbored and Donald the roles of assistant managers, I really cant be bothered to go into it all again. It just makes me laugh how Teflon Keith gets NO blame for this season, from some people.

So as i see it an Assistant Manager makes suggestions, acts as a sounding board and then the Manager goes ahead and makes a decision. So what is "Teflon" (sic) supposed to do when the Manager says (hypothetically) "thanks for your input Keith but I am going to sign Nicky Hunt anyway" ? Resign? make a press statement so everyone knows it was n't his decision? go running to the chairman? What?

You've "explained" the role of assistant Manager? I doubt it, I suggest you have stated your opinion of what you think it should be.

I never said he deserves no blame anyway, he deserves the blame that comes from being assistant manager, you stated he did "MORE than his fair share to put us in the mire" I asked you to explain what you think he did over and above that. You haven't, you have just got all defensive.

Clearly I meant Andy0898 :yawn:

And hey, you moan your comments about 'teflon' Keith are tongue in cheek indicating you can have a laugh, but then you get all sarky when I make a jibe about yours and robbos feuds.

"...I know you are but what am I?..."

Im not sarky, just stating its a bit childish......hey ho, each to their own I guess

So as i see it an Assistant Manager makes suggestions, acts as a sounding board and then the Manager goes ahead and makes a decision. So what is "Teflon" (sic) supposed to do when the Manager says (hypothetically) "thanks for your input Keith but I am going to sign Nicky Hunt anyway" ? Resign? make a press statement so everyone knows it was n't his decision? go running to the chairman? What?

You've "explained" the role of assistant Manager? I doubt it, I suggest you have stated your opinion of what you think it should be.

I never said he deserves no blame anyway, he deserves the blame that comes from being assistant manager, you stated he did "MORE than his fair share to put us in the mire" I asked you to explain what you think he did over and above that. You haven't, you have just got all defensive.

It was his team selections and constant change of formations which put us on a horrendous run of form, which put us firmly in the bottom 3. He has been unfortunate with injuries, but we should still have had enough in the squad to have been doing better then what did. This has kind of been proved by the fact that results have improved lately, even though we still have so say key defenders missing. ]

My concerns as to why I dont think Keith is the man to take us to the next step isnt just from being assistant manager, its also his coaching skills. Myself and a few others have commented before that players come to this club and rarely improve (Maynard is the exception, and possibly Adomah who I think is still raw, but excellant). We still make far to many basic errors through out the team, and have been making the same mistakes for the last couple of years. Im talking senior players who has played 200 games plus.

As Ive said, credit where credit is due, and I cant deny he deserves his chance now in the summer, but there comes a point when blaming the "mess" Coppell and Johnson left behind has to stop. I still think we could have done better this season.

Next season is a big one for Keith, Lansdown wants a team challenging for top 6, I dont see why we shouldnt. I said it before, I would love to come on here in 12 months and say I was wrong, but I just dont think it will happen.

Archived