IGNORED

Mathematically Safe

It was his team selections and constant change of formations which put us on a horrendous run of form, which put us firmly in the bottom 3. He has been unfortunate with injuries, but we should still have had enough in the squad to have been doing better then what did. This has kind of been proved by the fact that results have improved lately, even though we still have so say key defenders missing. ]

My concerns as to why I dont think Keith is the man to take us to the next step isnt just from being assistant manager, its also his coaching skills. Myself and a few others have commented before that players come to this club and rarely improve (Maynard is the exception, and possibly Adomah who I think is still raw, but excellant). We still make far to many basic errors through out the team, and have been making the same mistakes for the last couple of years. Im talking senior players who has played 200 games plus.

As Ive said, credit where credit is due, and I cant deny he deserves his chance now in the summer, but there comes a point when blaming the "mess" Coppell and Johnson left behind has to stop. I still think we could have done better this season.

Next season is a big one for Keith, Lansdown wants a team challenging for top 6, I dont see why we shouldnt. I said it before, I would love to come on here in 12 months and say I was wrong, but I just dont think it will happen.

KM has more coaching badges than most Prem managers, along with SW they are rated among the best English coaches in the game.

Who is blaming anyone on a mess? Stop creating problems that arnt there and cut KM some slack, hes not even completed a full season and you are sharpening your stick.

I think hes the man for the job for exactly the same reason you tink he's not. Worked his way up, step by step gaining his skills, coach, Ass man, Manager.

I would much prefer that type of man, than a some x ManU player who got carried into management based entirely on his playing career.

I don't think Keef is the man to take the club forward and nothing I have seen this season suggests otherwise,

I base this on the worst home record in god knows how long (1 game of which was coppells so i supose you can blame it all on him....)

I fail to see how a man who was assitant to Tinnion who took us no where Johnson who took us as far as he could and cop-out for 1 league game can suddenly be the man to move the club on if he was why wasn't he made manager after Tinamn and Johnson,

I can't see the logic in it,

He gets credit for turning it around but he also gets the blame for putting us in the situation in the first place,

Some sections only see one side of that hence the nickname Teflon...nothing sticks to him

KM has more coaching badges than most Prem managers, along with SW they are rated among the best English coaches in the game.

Who is blaming anyone on a mess? Stop creating problems that arnt there and cut KM some slack, hes not even completed a full season and you are sharpening your stick.

I think hes the man for the job for exactly the same reason you tink he's not. Worked his way up, step by step gaining his skills, coach, [b]Ass man, Manager.

I would much prefer that type of man, than a some x ManU player who got carried into management based entirely on his playing career.

:source:

Your thinking of those (unsubstantiated) rumours about Coppell.

Sorry, couldnt help it.

For the record, I agree with you. I wasnt sure that KM was the right man for the job but now he has kept us up I think he definately deserves a chance next season.

It was his team selections and constant change of formations which put us on a horrendous run of form, which put us firmly in the bottom 3.

Did it not occur to you that when Millen was changing selections and formations that he was looking for that winning formula? Obviously not because you slate him for doing exactly what any manager would do in that situation.

Remember also that Stewart and Cisse weren't back then the players they became later in the season.

KM has done extremely well to get us safe with 5 games to go but sadly there are some who don't want to acknowledge this great feat.

BCAGFC

To say being safe from relegation with 5 games to go is 'a great feat' by KM is a ridiculous overstatement.

I don't imagine for one moment SL will (privately) be satisfied by the way things have gone - he'll be hugely relieved our Championship status has been preserved but no doubt he expected more than a season of struggle when he appointed KM - otherwise why appoint him in the first place?

Ok we'll leave it there... but you do wind people up going against the grain alot of the time.

not really, a lot of people have similiar opinions to me, ill just happily come on here and give it....where as some people may choose to only share their opinions when things arnt quite going our way.

As for my Robbored "feelings", anyone with half a brain can see how much of a hypocrite this fella is. Everything he said we should do for Millen, is the complete opposite to what he did for Johnson. I shouldnt let it wind me up, but I cant help it at times. At least with me, I'll stick to what I believe in. It will take a a bit more to convince me Millie is the right man to take this club forward, thats all. Ive said it on here, and other threads, I HOPE im proved wrong. I would love to come on here in 12 months and say "you know what fellas, ill hold my hands up....I was wrong". If im doing this, it means we have progressed. I dont have personal vendettas like some....I just genuinely want this club to succeed.

Did it not occur to you that when Millen was changing selections and formations that he was looking for that winning formula? Obviously not because you slate him for doing exactly what any manager would do in that situation.

Remember also that Stewart and Cisse weren't back then the players they became later in the season.

Robbo you do have a point there,

I don't think he's the man t o take us forward but he does deserve a fair crack at next season I can agree with that

Im sorry, he has been around these players long enough, and worked with them long enough....to be able to establish a winning formula a lot quicker then he did.

As I said, its gonna take a bit more to accept that he is the right man to take this club forward.

Results have improved a lot lately, performances not really, but over the course of a whole season, its still going to be a poor season. A fair few home thumpings, poor quality football. As I said, im willing to give him a chance, I will support the team at every home game and as many away games as I can afford, and Ill keep using this forum to vent my opinion.

When / if im proved wrong, unlike you pal, ill admit I was wrong

As Ive said, credit where credit is due, and I cant deny he deserves his chance now in the summer, but there comes a point when blaming the "mess" Coppell and Johnson left behind has to stop. I still think we could have done better this season.

Is 11 games too much?

not really, a lot of people have similiar opinions to me, ill just happily come on here and give it....where as some people may choose to only share their opinions when things arnt quite going our way.

As for my Robbored "feelings", anyone with half a brain can see how much of a hypocrite this fella is. Everything he said we should do for Millen, is the complete opposite to what he did for Johnson. I shouldnt let it wind me up, but I cant help it at times. At least with me, I'll stick to what I believe in. It will take a a bit more to convince me Millie is the right man to take this club forward, thats all. Ive said it on here, and other threads, I HOPE im proved wrong. I would love to come on here in 12 months and say "you know what fellas, ill hold my hands up....I was wrong". If im doing this, it means we have progressed. I dont have personal vendettas like some....I just genuinely want this club to succeed.

Its good to have debate, different perspectives, that's why we have jury's.

We all had differing views I guess and they can change, people are aloud to change their opinion I hope. Aye we are all City fans when it comes down to it. United with one clear objective, the progress and success of the Club.

Is 11 games too much?

Since October 16th (played 30 games):

1. QPR +17 55

2. Reading +20 53

3. Swansea + 16 51

4. Norwich + 14 51

5. Leicester +14 51

6. Nottm Forest + 11 50

7. Cardiff +12 49

8. Bristol City + 7 48

9. Leeds +11 47

10. Hull +10 47

11. Millwall + 11 45

12. Portsmouth -2 43

13. Burnley -7 40

14. Watford +3 39

15. Middlesbrough +1 38

16. Ipswich -2 38

17. Barnsley -10 35

18. Palace -11 35

19. Derby -13 33

20. Coventry - 6 31

21. Doncaster -21 29

22. Preston -14 26

23. S****horpe -37 26

24. Sheff Utd -24 23

Since October 16th (played 30 games):

1. QPR +17 55

2. Reading +20 53

3. Swansea + 16 51

4. Norwich + 14 51

5. Leicester +14 51

6. Nottm Forest + 11 50

7. Cardiff +12 49

8. Bristol City + 7 48

9. Leeds +11 47

10. Hull +10 47

11. Millwall + 11 45

12. Portsmouth -2 43

13. Burnley -7 40

14. Watford +3 39

15. Middlesbrough +1 38

16. Ipswich -2 38

17. Barnsley -10 35

18. Palace -11 35

19. Derby -13 33

20. Coventry - 6 31

21. Doncaster -21 29

22. Preston -14 26

23. S****horpe -37 26

24. Sheff Utd -24 23

I personally dont think you need to break it down like that.

despite everything this season we are basically two wins off being in the playoff shake up right now. Thats a very fine margin and shows we arent a million miles away from competing to be in the top 6.

despite everything this season we are basically two wins off being in the playoff shake up right now. Thats a very fine margin and shows we arent a million miles away from competing to be in the top 6.

we shouldn't break it down like that as we've played 41 games 40 of which millen was in charge,

we have had a poor season theres no ifs and buts about it no matter what spin ay of us pro anti and on the fencers can put on it its been a poor season, we're 15th

However theres both postives and negatives to take out of it,

Postive is we're not a million miles away of breaking into the play off teams and this sits good for next season

Negatives has been performances and no amount of spin anyone can put on that will change my mind,

We are 2 midfielders and 4 defenders short of being a play-off team and I'm sure thats somthing everyone can agree on,

I tend to think of it like this. Right now we are 15th, back in August I was hoping for a higher finish this season along with almost everybody else I guess. But the start of the season is always like that you got to hope and believe haven't you or there is no point turning up.

Football being football dealt us a rubbish hand this season, so after all the disruption and injuries on reflection I am happy with 15th, happy just to stay up and at least look like we are heading in the right direction. No way do we desreve the playoffs and even more sure that we are no where near Premiership standard.

At 15th we have 9 teams below us. 9 teams who are worse off than us, I don't expect they or their fans are happy and I'm not sure if they have had as much disruption and bad luck than us either? How many have changed managers and have been without key players for huge chunks of the season.

At times we had a illness wrecked season before this one too, surely lightening won't strike a 3rd time.

It's nothing conclusive but partly as a source of procrastination I thought it would be interesting to see how the league has gone since then. And the one thing it does show is that we have been in fairly decent form for some while now.

we shouldn't break it down like that as we've played 41 games 40 of which millen was in charge,

we have had a poor season theres no ifs and buts about it no matter what spin ay of us pro anti and on the fencers can put on it its been a poor season, we're 15th

However theres both postives and negatives to take out of it,

Postive is we're not a million miles away of breaking into the play off teams and this sits good for next season

Negatives has been performances and no amount of spin anyone can put on that will change my mind,

We are 2 midfielders and 4 defenders short of being a play-off team and I'm sure thats somthing everyone can agree on,

agree with both of these. Ive said it all season, we have a squad here which should be challenging a lot higher then it actually was. Some people on this forum said Millen inherited a load of rubbish apart from one of two players, saying he never had the "tools to do the job". Ive said all along, that although we may not have the best squad in the division, we certainly have one who should have been challenging higher up the table. Results at the bit prove this theory.

Basically what im saying, if Millen keeps progressing like he has done the last 2 months.....then we may be moving in the right direction, and hopefully he may well prove posters like me wrong. Next season is a big season for him though, and as ive said before, anything less then a play off challenge going into the last 3 games and ill be disappointed (and I mean a PROPER challenge, not 8 points off)

agree with both of these. Ive said it all season, we have a squad here which should be challenging a lot higher then it actually was. Some people on this forum said Millen inherited a load of rubbish apart from one of two players, saying he never had the "tools to do the job". Ive said all along, that although we may not have the best squad in the division, we certainly have one who should have been challenging higher up the table. Results at the bit prove this theory.

We have a great starting 11 but are woefully lacking in defensive cover, which doesn't bode well during 2-3 injury crisis in the course of one season.

It's nothing conclusive but partly as a source of procrastination I thought it would be interesting to see how the league has gone since then. And the one thing it does show is that we have been in fairly decent form for some while now.

our points haul is good. I'd say our form has been patchy - good runs of wins and long runs without a win or even a goal.

there are various reasons for that but I dont think our form has been consistent since the first 11 games. Far from it. but overall the points total has been good.

our points haul is good. I'd say our form has been patchy - good runs of wins and long runs without a win or even a goal.

there are various reasons for that but I dont think our form has been consistent since the first 11 games. Far from it. but overall the points total has been good.

Maybe I used 'form' unwisely - I agree with what you say though. Around the new year we were poor, but looking at the results since mid-October, we've been on the up as a whole.

Archived