IGNORED

Who's The Most Overrated And Underrated City Player(S) You've Seen?

westred1

Underrated player: Trevor Tainton.

Overrated: Too many of the young local players in the early part of the last decade, especially during Danny W's time in charge. Typified by Tommy Doc, who is still seen by many fans as a City legend, but grossly failed to achieive anything like his potential because of lifestyle,

Underrated player: Trevor Tainton.

Overrated: Too many of the young local players in the early part of the last decade, especially during Danny W's time in charge. Typified by Tommy Doc, who is still seen by many fans as a City legend, but grossly failed to achieive anything like his potential because of lifestyle,

Possibly not overrated then , just an underachiever?

Possibly not overrated then , just an underachiever?

Definitely an underachiever. However, the fact that he is still viewed by many as a City legend makes him an overrated player, in my opinion.

Definitely an underachiever. However, the fact that he is still viewed by many as a City legend makes him an overrated player, in my opinion.

If only we have someone who could close down opponents like TD now. Sometimes our defence reminds me of that bit in Monty Python's Holy Grai:l "Run away, run away!"

OR: Sno; David James [formerly great, now just a good keeper]; Coles; Carle

UR: Woolford; Orr; Hartley [at the time. Loads of people 'wise after the event'] Sebok; Testimetanu.

Overrated:Brian Tinnion - a bread and butter midfielder in third tier but nothing like as good as some people seem to imagine.

Peter Cormack - big ticket signing from Liverpool proved to be lightweight.

Dzieckenowski - flash in the pan

Marcus Stewart - only just retired but how come he hasn't been prosecuted under Trade Descriptions Act?

Underrated:Nicky Morgan - not flashy but scored lots of vital goals.

Alan Walsh - not underrated by us but how come he was never picked up by a top flight club? (other than Turkish club near end)

<br /><b>Overrated:</b>Brian Tinnion - a bread and butter midfielder in third tier but nothing like as good as some people seem to imagine.<br />Peter Cormack - big ticket signing from Liverpool proved to be lightweight.<br />Dzieckenowski - flash in the pan<br />Marcus Stewart - only just retired but how come he hasn't been prosecuted under Trade Descriptions Act?<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><b>Underrated:</b>Nicky Morgan - not flashy but scored lots of vital goals.<br />Alan Walsh - not underrated by us but how come he was never picked up by a top flight club? (other   than Turkish club near end)<br />

Completely agree re Tinnion, i always like if i voiced my indifference to him, i would be set upon!

A loyal servant certainly, but how he makes it into some peoples all time 11 (see 4 4 2 last month) is beyond me. He was alright for us, but never amazing.

I don't think Jacki was over rated, just an under achiever. In terms of ability he was one of the best i have ever seen at the gate, just a same shame he was so flawed with it!

UR- Agostino, went on to bigger and better things at 1860 Munich.

Soreness Anderson, as someone said above that goal at Palace.....wow, remember it like it was yesterday.

OR- LJ championship, you are having a laugh, completely over rated by some. Leroy Lita ................just not that good.

Oh and Phil Jevons, some people adored him but he was and still is crap, it's a shame other ex-Yeovil players haven't joined him at Carlisle (see above)!

Overrated: Gerkin, Docherty, Aaron Brown, Lee Peacock, Joe Burnell, Flapper Phillps, Dele Adebola, Leeeroy, Steve Brown, Marcus Stewart, Bridges & Adriano Basso

Underrated: Brennan, Agostino, Newman, Goat, Leeeroy, Andy Cole, Andy Leaning, Shaun Taylor, Tistimanu, Skuse, Keith Waugh, Adriano Basso, Bradley Orr, Evander Sno,Tins the player & Mickey Bell

Several in both categories..because they were both at various times.

Archived