IGNORED

Who's The Most Overrated And Underrated City Player(S) You've Seen?

westred1

Over rated - LJ, Lita, Doherty, Junior Bent,

Under rated - Dave Rennie, Ronnie Sinclair, John Bailey, Bob Taylor (By the club itself selling him for peanuts), Agostino, Sorenson (Always remember his screamer against Sunderland), Mickey Bell, Barnard, Pyscho!

I presume you mean Soren Andersson ?

OVER: Nicky Maynard

UNDER: Nicky Hunt

JOKE. no seriously...

OVER: Sproule

UNDER: Stewart

Almost got me. Yeah shame about Stewart, I think he run himself into the ground for Sunderland that season before he signed, He should have been given more time and less stick imo, he clearly needed a break before he started training.

OVER: 1972 we were all assured that Bobby Gould would be better than John Galley. I (still) don't think so.

UNDER: Damien Spencer; he looked confident in a friendly v Liverpool, but was't trusted for League games. A few transfers later and he was cutting the mustard in this divison.

OVER: 1972 we were all assured that Bobby Gould would be better than John Galley. I (still) don't think so.

UNDER: Damien Spencer; he looked confident in a friendly v Liverpool, but was't trusted for League games. A few transfers later and he was cutting the mustard in this divison.

You sure about that?? Didn't he spend most of his career at Cheltenham

do you mean Odejayi who played for Barnsley, I think Spencer left us for Cheltenham

under rated- mickey Bell,Wiltshire, Showumni I think a lot forget how much he did for our promotion campaign nothing special but look back since that year he hasn't endured a good run since then in league one.

Over rated- Tommy Doc,sproule(as much as I like the fella).

Over Rated Nick Carle

Under Rated Steve Torpey

Surely you must be joking? Steve Torpey wasn't nicknamed 'Torpid' for nothing. I considered him very overrated, and was well relieved when he went. I couldn't see what anyone saw in him. Still, I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Over - Lee Johnson

Under - McAllister

Mate fking hell.

Last night, McAllister put every single ball launched forward to either their keeper or defenders.

He put every cross field ball straight into the keepers hands.

He cause carnage at the back - at one point turning around under no pressure and leathered it off for another 'Wall corner.

I am all for people being given a chance but McAllister is not under rated - he is fking rubbish!!!!

I do though, agree LJ is over-rated.

Some interesting choices, quite how Tinnion could ever be over-rated is beyond me, or maybe I just over-rate him! Two players spring to mind as over-rated, Lee Johnson by his dad, and I always felt that GJ's reliance on Lee stopped the Club moving forward. I still think he got the substitution wrong at Wembley. The other was Lee Peacock during Wilsons final season, he was not scoring, not playing well, and yet always selected. A strong case could be made for David James.

As for under-rated, Skuse, Tins in his early days, Rennie, Richard Keogh, Joe Burnell (I know!), McAllister (Not great, but not as bad as many make out), Nicky Morgan, Brian Williams. Bit unfair to pur Ribiero in this category, he may well be a case of what might have been without injuries and a manager who would not play our own youngsters.

Archived