IGNORED

Brighton Season Tickets...

spudski

...I've been told that Brighton have sold approxiamately 16,000 season tickets for next season.

Can anyone remember how many we sold in our first season up?

I'm quiet tempted to stick a few quid on them making the play offs next season.

There is always a team that does well when they come up first season. With a new Stadium, lots of fans, a good manager and momentum, I can see them doing it.

Anyone else think the same?

With Brighton coming up and hopefully Southampton and i would like Bournemouth...and maybe Wolves and West Ham coming down, we should have some nice away days next season. :cool:

...I've been told that Brighton have sold approxiamately 16,000 season tickets for next season.

There is always a team that does well when they come up first season. With a new Stadium, lots of fans, a good manager and momentum, I can see them doing it.

With Brighton coming up and hopefully Southampton and i would like Bournemouth...and maybe Wolves and West Ham coming down, we should have some nice away days next season. :cool:

You've not mentioned Huddersfield as very much in the running for the second Auto spot from League1.

Having said that, I would rather it was Southampton for automatic.

A home win for them tomorrow would be helpful. I wonder who they are playing !!!

You've not mentioned Huddersfield as very much in the running for the second Auto spot from League1.

Having said that, I would rather it was Southampton for automatic.

A home win for them tomorrow would be helpful. I wonder who they are playing !!!

:D I was thinking of short journeys for our away games. Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth are all nice place to visit and not so far as Huddersfield. ;)

Hammers, Wolves and Birmingham would be ideal to come down too, but i can see it being Wigan, Wolves and Blackpool.

The Brighton away fixture will be one of the first I look for in June. I can't wait to see the new stadium.

They certainly have a feel good factor at the moment, going from average crowds of 7000 to selling 16000 season tickets before the end of April must be very exciting for them.

There is always a team that does well when they come up

first season. With a new Stadium, lots of fans, a good manager and momentum, I can see them doing it.

I agree yes unless Poyet is snapped up by another club like West Ham for example. Then Brighton will do a mid table finish.

The Brighton away fixture will be one of the first I look for in June. I can't wait to see the new stadium.

They certainly have a feel good factor at the moment, going from average crowds of 7000 to selling 16000 season tickets before the end of April must be very exciting for them.

Brighton will probably average 20k next season, perhaps more if they do well. Huge catchment area and at the Goldstone they would regularly have big attendances. With or without Poyet I cannot see them staying more than 3 seasons in the Champs.

Just goes to show that if we got to the premier league at ashton vale, we probaly would be averaging 25k a week!

The power of a new stadium. We are a far bigger club than Brighton. Look at their historical attendances and then think what is possible at our club

I wouldn't say we are a FAR bigger club than brighton, but your right about the power of having a new stadium. When we do(and I think we will) have the new stadium, and IF we reach the PL then we will be an established PL side abit like stoke, bolton, birmingham etc. and with sexstone and lansdown at helm, I believe we WILL achieve this! COYR!

Brighton will probably average 20k next season, perhaps more if they do well. Huge catchment area and at the Goldstone they would regularly have big attendances. With or without Poyet I cannot see them staying more than 3 seasons in the Champs.

Really? I think they will be fine, they've had some tough times over recent seasons, but more than capable of being an established Championship side in my view

They've got a cracking following, ambitious chairman - could be exciting times for them over the next 3 or 4 seasons I reckon

Really? I think they will be fine, they've had some tough times over recent seasons, but more than capable of being an established Championship side in my view

They've got a cracking following, ambitious chairman - could be exciting times for them over the next 3 or 4 seasons I reckon

Ha.... Yeah you read it the negative way; I alluded to the opposite!

If it ever gets built I recon we'd do about 20k.

With you there Startibartfast (weird user name BTW, where did that come from?).

As I have said before on here, the population in our catchment area is about two times BHA.

In my mind there is no doubt that the combination of a new stadium and promotion to the Prem would mean that the club would actually need to build the 40K capacity extension option at AV sooner, rather than later.

Trouble is there are two "ifs" in this statement. IFwe get promoted and IF the Village Green thing is rejected by the Council.

I think rejection of the Village Green nonsense is certain and promotion to the Prem is probably two or three seasons away (if ever).

Indeed. I'm still baffled by the little Brighton love-in.

It's about us imagining what could happen to us should Ashton Vale be built.

However, Brighton are different to us. Their support has been trapped.

Imagine if we'd been turfed out of Ashton Gate in 1997, been forced to play games in Bournemouth then returned to play at Forest green Rovers for 10 years. The excitement of having a new ground, coupled with waltxzing to the League 1 title would generate a lot of interest. Like other posters, I suspect they are likely to emulate Norwich and challenge next season. Poyet is very intelligent. Their sense of momentum must be massive.

Archived