IGNORED

High Praise For Km By Bep Today

spudski

Wow - that was a nice piece from them

Fair shout to KM, wasn't convinced at the start, but he has my upmost respect for turning this season around

Really looking forward to getting rid of the dead wood in the summer and seeing who he brings in, so far so good on that front - keep it up Millie!

Talking of Dead wood...Does anyone think we'll get anyone come in for some of our squad players? Or do you see them being released and their contracts paid up?

The Hunt situation will be interesting.

I really wish the Club would come out and say what's happening their, instead of letting all the rumours float about. They don't have to be specific, but at least acknowledge it...instead of just saying 'a can of worms'...that just leads to speculation.

he does deserve another crack next season tho if we suffer a bad starts the majorty will be less forgiving this time,

Lets all hope he gets it right

Agreed. Said many a time SL probably made the right choice at the time given the copout debacle and also considered he a manager that would not be the ideal long term candidate to take us to the Prem. Clearly he has just about earned the right to have another crack at it ... And I say just only because it is a huge ask. He still has an amount to get right; consistent remarks and team selection I think are his key for next season. Put all that right and we should be around the play offs. I wish him well.

Talking of Dead wood...Does anyone think we'll get anyone come in for some of our squad players? Or do you see them being released and their contracts paid up?

The Hunt situation will be interesting.

I really wish the Club would come out and say what's happening their, instead of letting all the rumours float about. They don't have to be specific, but at least acknowledge it...instead of just saying 'a can of worms'...that just leads to speculation.

You'd certainly hope so Spud, we've had dead wood here for far too long I'm afraid. Guess they can't get contracts anything like what they are on elsewhere though, so can't blame them in one respect

As for Hunt, I don't think CS done anyone any favours with that particular interview, he's made things worse for Hunt, which considering the flak he's already got is amazing!

You'd certainly hope so Spud, we've had dead wood here for far too long I'm afraid. Guess they can't get contracts anything like what they are on elsewhere though, so can't blame them in one respect

As for Hunt, I don't think CS done anyone any favours with that particular interview, he's made things worse for Hunt, which considering the flak he's already got is amazing!

I totally agree. I hope the Club are a bit more informative about the players and goings on down there in the future. I know they have to protect players private lifes, but i often feel the Club could be more informative in many matters. It would lead to a lot less speculation imho.

Good Article and nice to see, the one interesting comment I saw was......

"Quick to criticise when things are going wrong, the modern-day fan is increasingly inclined to call for the manager's head as a necessary prerequisite in any revival of fortunes.

Unfortunately, the same individuals tend to be tardy when it comes to acknowledging a job well done"

Can think of a FAIR few people on here that fail into that category!

Good Article and nice to see, the one interesting comment I saw was......

"Quick to criticise when things are going wrong, the modern-day fan is increasingly inclined to call for the manager's head as a necessary prerequisite in any revival of fortunes.

Unfortunately, the same individuals tend to be tardy when it comes to acknowledging a job well done"

Can think of a FAIR few people on here that fail into that category!

who? most seem to have said he's done well and deserves a full season to push on. Show me where people have said different lately.

who? most seem to have said he's done well and deserves a full season to push on. Show me where people have said different lately.

But where are all those that earlier in the season were calling for SL to get rid of him?

Where are all those who told us: "Millen is taking this club down. Fact!"

Where are the so called experts (with no managerial experience or football qualifications) who were claiming that "Millen doesn't have a clue."

But where are all those that earlier in the season were calling for SL to get rid of him?

Where are the so called experts (with no managerial experience or football qualifications) who were claiming that "Millen doesn't have a clue."

what he said

he does deserve another crack next season tho if we suffer a bad starts the majorty will be less forgiving this time,

Less forgiving? There's a lot on here who should hold there heads in shame for the shit they gave KM during this season.

Personally I was and still am disgusted at how some of our fickle forum users be-littled him when we were having a tough time during this season.

They know who they are.

Well said, they seem to think it's ok to forget what they said now.

It's a good job that SL and KM are far stronger willed than many on here who slaughtered The pair of them earlier this season.

they were quick to criticise but are now acknowledging a job well done.

that was kind of the point.

Hmmmmm. Hindsight's a wonderful facility ain't it.

I'd wanted Keith to do well and thought his appointment was pragmatic in the wake of the Copout fiasco, but I admit as October became ever more dreary I thought "He has to go before Christmas".

Delighted he proved me wrong - thanks in no small measure to the inspired loan signing of Caulker - and when January's wobble came I wasn't thrilled, but I knew we were better off sticking with him than changing at that stage.

Next season will be his chance to prove just how good a manager he is.

Just a few I managed to find, I am sure there are more...

Loyalred

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

We are now in freefall and WILL GO DOWN!

Unfortunately it is time to be ruthless and get someone in. Even getting GJ in would save us at the moment. Getting no-one in and we will be in league 1 next season as we can't win a game. Millen seems a nice guy but ain't up to it I'm afraid.

MC Risk

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

at the end of the day i do not give a toss about hard luck stories over the course of a season if you go down you deserve to go down because you are not good enough.......just because we played better tonight means nothing because we got nothing......we are in dire straits and your love in of millen is getting tedious......him and his silent twerp wigley are worse than i have ever seen as a management duo

Monkeh

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

sorry time is up he has to go now,

Playing well and losing great we'll end up relgated but playing well,

The club is a joke the players aren't performing the manager hasn't got a clue

THIS MILLENS MESS not johnsons not coppells MILLENs!!!

Millen go now!

bugatti_robin

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

WHEYYYYYYYYY MILLEN OUT.

Luke_bristol

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Keith is doomed, I fear

havanatopia

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:52 AM

Millen was never the answer, he is not now and he never will be. The sooner our Chairman acts upon what he surely already knows instead of loyally and admirably standing by his man the sooner we can get on with all of our lives

Agreed. Said many a time SL probably made the right choice at the time given the copout debacle and also considered he a manager that would not be the ideal long term candidate to take us to the Prem.

havanatopia

Millen was never the answer, he is not now and he never will be. The sooner our Chairman acts upon what he surely already knows instead of loyally and admirably standing by his man the sooner we can get on with all of our lives

Lets all hope he gets it right

Monkeh

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

sorry time is up he has to go now,

Playing well and losing great we'll end up relgated but playing well,

The club is a joke the players aren't performing the manager hasn't got a clue

THIS MILLENS MESS not johnsons not coppells MILLENs!!!

Millen go now!

havanatopia

:laugh:

In no particular order.

Come on lads where are you?

Kevbcfc:

keith must go now or we r going down

Red Robin:

Sorry he has had plenty of time to get a very good bunch of players playing good football.

Sadly KM has not done that.he has to go to give us a chance of staying in the division.

Red Robin:

We are going down if Millen stays in the job,let's all be realistic he is not and never was the right choice.

Trowbridge BCFC

Millen is a tool. He should have stuck to writing crap on the back of the green un (he couldnt talk a decent game then either). He's had all season and still we get owned every bloody week. GO NOW

The man is a liability, who was half the reason we were struggling with GJ...

DOLMANDAN:

Millen is not upto the job architect of our decline .Lansdown employed him and is now moaning about loseing money whos coming with me to Aston Gate to protest

SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK Millen SACK Millen BBOOOOOOOOO RUBBISH CITY YOUR NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

redred:

Confirmation That Millen Is Clueless

Andy082005

(Would you take Johnson back)

instead they are stuck with his clueless side kick

He should never have been given the job in the first place. Do you really continue to believe Millen is taking this team/club in the right direction?

The simple fact is this, Millen HAS to go....if he doesnt, I would bet anything, we will be relegated this year

The bloke really is clueless.....possibly the worst manager ive known in my time. In fact, I'd even appoint you in front of "Millie"...and thats saying something

Monkeh:

I loved johnson best manager we've had in 20 years but no I wouldn't have him back

I don't want millen in charge ether he is more clueless and the players aren't playing for him

he is so inept

Kevster3

If landsdownreally cares about this club,he will wield the axe

Supporting city for 55years does not make me a glory hunter,but I am sick of the Millen love ins when he is clearly not the man to take us forwards,but sadly backwards

Bazooka Joe

Millen best thing since sliced bread? - he's bl**dy mouldy old dough.

Bin him !

Get rid of Mr Boring - he's utterly incompetent and inept.

Red badger:

KM has no experience, no record of success...no idea, in truth.

Sadly the time was quite some time ago...beats me what Steve Lansdown is waiting for.

Screech:

Relegation Is Inevitable. We are down, thoroughly f....ed off with this bunch of players not giving a toss.

what a shame for SL to have put so much time and money in to see his investment being shat in his face by the most clueless coaches and players we've had for years.

Fka dagest:

A new man in could easily save this season. KM won't. The worst thing we can do right now is dilly-dally around waiting for more 'hard work' to solve our obvious problems. The time is now!

Keep The Faith:

No leadership on or off the pitch. I don't see how millen can turn this around. He looks clueless.

Weymouth red:

nice chap but not a manager i fear it will be to late to get out of this now. he needs to go now.

Danny P:

Time to go, not tomorrow, not after Tuesdays game, NOW

Horton Red:

(So what you're effectively saying, is that you know more about football than Keith?)

I don't think that would be too hard.

redredrobin1:

Millen has to go now. From what we've seen it seems that he just isn't up to the job.

It's not really hard to see that with him we're a sinking ship and we need someone who's been there and done it before to resurrect our season.

The really worrying thing is Landsdowns blind faith in him to eventually 'get it right'. If things aren't bad enough at the moment, how bad will they have to get? Relegation?

He needs to go NOW.

L2thespizzle:

Millen is without doubt the worst manager in the football league, he should stop embarrassing us and himself!! Any City fan that can defend the man is clueless for every game he stays in charge the chances of us staying up are decresing massively. No doubt he will be in the Albion tonight downing shots as he is most saturdays he doesnt give a ****!!

point still seems to stand.

People who were quick to criticise have since given him praise for doing well.

I think the people being referred to are the ones who wanted him out but are now saying 'fair enough, he got us up the table and safe but I'll wait until next season to judge him.......and if we get off to a bad start then he's got to go'.

Basically human nature suggests that once we've made our mind up on something then if we're proved wrong we don't like to fully admit it and we start issuing caveats to our acceptance that we were wrong.

Hey ho and I was behind Millen from day one and I think he and Wigley deserve tremendous praise for turning around a very difficult situation and the BEP's article is accurate praise. Good luck to him next season, I think it's going to be a very good season.

In no particular order.

Come on lads where are you?

Kevbcfc:

keith must go now or we r going down

Red Robin:

Sorry he has had plenty of time to get a very good bunch of players playing good football.

Sadly KM has not done that.he has to go to give us a chance of staying in the division.

Red Robin:

We are going down if Millen stays in the job,let's all be realistic he is not and never was the right choice.

Trowbridge BCFC

Millen is a tool. He should have stuck to writing crap on the back of the green un (he couldnt talk a decent game then either). He's had all season and still we get owned every bloody week. GO NOW

The man is a liability, who was half the reason we were struggling with GJ...

DOLMANDAN:

Millen is not upto the job architect of our decline .Lansdown employed him and is now moaning about loseing money whos coming with me to Aston Gate to protest

SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK Millen SACK Millen BBOOOOOOOOO RUBBISH CITY YOUR NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

redred:

Confirmation That Millen Is Clueless

Andy082005

(Would you take Johnson back)

instead they are stuck with his clueless side kick

He should never have been given the job in the first place. Do you really continue to believe Millen is taking this team/club in the right direction?

The simple fact is this, Millen HAS to go....if he doesnt, I would bet anything, we will be relegated this year

The bloke really is clueless.....possibly the worst manager ive known in my time. In fact, I'd even appoint you in front of "Millie"...and thats saying something

Monkeh:

I loved johnson best manager we've had in 20 years but no I wouldn't have him back

I don't want millen in charge ether he is more clueless and the players aren't playing for him

he is so inept

Kevster3

If landsdownreally cares about this club,he will wield the axe

Supporting city for 55years does not make me a glory hunter,but I am sick of the Millen love ins when he is clearly not the man to take us forwards,but sadly backwards

Bazooka Joe

Millen best thing since sliced bread? - he's bl**dy mouldy old dough.

Bin him !

Get rid of Mr Boring - he's utterly incompetent and inept.

Red badger:

KM has no experience, no record of success...no idea, in truth.

Sadly the time was quite some time ago...beats me what Steve Lansdown is waiting for.

Screech:

Relegation Is Inevitable. We are down, thoroughly f....ed off with this bunch of players not giving a toss.

what a shame for SL to have put so much time and money in to see his investment being shat in his face by the most clueless coaches and players we've had for years.

Fka dagest:

A new man in could easily save this season. KM won't. The worst thing we can do right now is dilly-dally around waiting for more 'hard work' to solve our obvious problems. The time is now!

Keep The Faith:

No leadership on or off the pitch. I don't see how millen can turn this around. He looks clueless.

Weymouth red:

nice chap but not a manager i fear it will be to late to get out of this now. he needs to go now.

Danny P:

Time to go, not tomorrow, not after Tuesdays game, NOW

Horton Red:

(So what you're effectively saying, is that you know more about football than Keith?)

I don't think that would be too hard.

redredrobin1:

Millen has to go now. From what we've seen it seems that he just isn't up to the job.

It's not really hard to see that with him we're a sinking ship and we need someone who's been there and done it before to resurrect our season.

The really worrying thing is Landsdowns blind faith in him to eventually 'get it right'. If things aren't bad enough at the moment, how bad will they have to get? Relegation?

He needs to go NOW.

L2thespizzle:

Millen is without doubt the worst manager in the football league, he should stop embarrassing us and himself!! Any City fan that can defend the man is clueless for every game he stays in charge the chances of us staying up are decresing massively. No doubt he will be in the Albion tonight downing shots as he is most saturdays he doesnt give a ****!!

Wow - Now that is sad!

point still seems to stand.

People who were quick to criticise have since given him praise for doing well.

Your missing the point, they haven't and won't.

You were one who slated him and credit to you, your now giving him the credit he deserves, your a minority though

I think the people being referred to are the ones who wanted him out but are now saying 'fair enough, he got us up the table and safe but I'll wait until next season to judge him.......and if we get off to a bad start then he's got to go'.

exactly, there was a number of people who wanted him out because he was taking us down, then was it was a case of we were only staying up because the teams below us were useless, now it's a case of well, we will see how next season starts and judge then.

these people just want him out and will never be happy with Millen as Bristol City Manager, despite he achivements over the last 12months

Fair play to Keith. He's pulled it around. And good luck to him. But did anyone ever wish him ill? Figment of the imagination of a few of the more combative folk on here I'm afraid. As far as I could see almost everyone questioning Keith before and after Christmas was doing so on the basis of the evidence before their eyes...and not malice. Most posters said they felt sorry for the bloke. I did.

I know for a fact at least one of the posters quoted above has since quit the forum...the vindictive point scoring gets very tedious.

Fact is that none of the quotes above do justice to the quite lengthy arguments advanced questioning SL's appointment of Keith. Or the argument that however he performed he wasn't the type of manager that we were promised had been sought and signed when Coppell got the job...a man of experience to move the club forward.

This season has been very disappointing. Sufficiently so for my family to have found other uses of their time on Saturdays. It's not been worth the time and cost of a 100 mile round trip to the Gate...in our opinion. Although we'll be there tomorrow we're not renewing.

The club has lost its way. Somehow avoiding relegation is lauded as a great achievement. It's not what SL was talking about last summer is it?

Good luck to those of you there next season...I'll be a POTD customer in future.

You can count me in as a keith doubter. And i'm the one who started this thread.

However... I've never blamed keith for our predicament this season. He's done as well as he could.

I've always blamed SL for the decision. We were 'bigged' up by the Club and media as potential promotion candidants. Coppell was in, and so was DJ...we were in heaven and couldn't believe what was happening. Then Coppell left, and the board chose KM as the long term replacement.

KM has done remarkably well considering.

But fans seem to forget, within a season, we've gone from being potential promotion candidants to also rans over night. All the momentum has gone and SL has acknowledged his mistakes. Now we are suffering the consequences financially.

If Coppell had stayed, knowing our financial difficulties now, would SL have forked out more money for signings?

It's worth thinking about, how different things and expectations would have been, had SC stayed. We were on a crest of a wave, and most people blame SC for out predicament. Would things have been different, and would the financial strings have been loosened.

From what i've heard, SC left because promises by the board regarding finances were withdrawn after he had signed. Hense the cover up by the Club. We will never know for certain...but the club are not smelling of Roses as far as i'm concerned.

KM...however, has done a good job considering, but i still don't think he's the answer if we want promotion.

Archived