IGNORED

High Praise For Km By Bep Today

spudski

Woodsy, missed that CS interview. In a nutshell I assume he was critical of the lad when perhaps he might have kept quiet?

It wasn't good mate, the lad is having a mare and CS pretty much blasted him for us all to read. Possible dig at SC in there too, which was fine!

If you have the balls to type it, have the balls to take responsibility for it... If that's a vindictive view point then shoot me down, I'd rather be vindictive than a cowardly hypocrite...

If that's directed at me - I'm flabbergasted...what an unpleasant post! No justification for it whatsoever.

Dear me. Is it any wonder people quit this forum?

In no particular order.

Come on lads where are you?

Kevbcfc:

keith must go now or we r going down

Red Robin:

Sorry he has had plenty of time to get a very good bunch of players playing good football.

Sadly KM has not done that.he has to go to give us a chance of staying in the division.

Red Robin:

We are going down if Millen stays in the job,let's all be realistic he is not and never was the right choice.

Trowbridge BCFC

Millen is a tool. He should have stuck to writing crap on the back of the green un (he couldnt talk a decent game then either). He's had all season and still we get owned every bloody week. GO NOW

The man is a liability, who was half the reason we were struggling with GJ...

DOLMANDAN:

Millen is not upto the job architect of our decline .Lansdown employed him and is now moaning about loseing money whos coming with me to Aston Gate to protest

SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK Millen SACK Millen BBOOOOOOOOO RUBBISH CITY YOUR NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

redred:

Confirmation That Millen Is Clueless

Andy082005

(Would you take Johnson back)

instead they are stuck with his clueless side kick

He should never have been given the job in the first place. Do you really continue to believe Millen is taking this team/club in the right direction?

The simple fact is this, Millen HAS to go....if he doesnt, I would bet anything, we will be relegated this year

The bloke really is clueless.....possibly the worst manager ive known in my time. In fact, I'd even appoint you in front of "Millie"...and thats saying something

Monkeh:

I loved johnson best manager we've had in 20 years but no I wouldn't have him back

I don't want millen in charge ether he is more clueless and the players aren't playing for him

he is so inept

Kevster3

If landsdownreally cares about this club,he will wield the axe

Supporting city for 55years does not make me a glory hunter,but I am sick of the Millen love ins when he is clearly not the man to take us forwards,but sadly backwards

Bazooka Joe

Millen best thing since sliced bread? - he's bl**dy mouldy old dough.

Bin him !

Get rid of Mr Boring - he's utterly incompetent and inept.

Red badger:

KM has no experience, no record of success...no idea, in truth.

Sadly the time was quite some time ago...beats me what Steve Lansdown is waiting for.

Screech:

Relegation Is Inevitable. We are down, thoroughly f....ed off with this bunch of players not giving a toss.

what a shame for SL to have put so much time and money in to see his investment being shat in his face by the most clueless coaches and players we've had for years.

Fka dagest:

A new man in could easily save this season. KM won't. The worst thing we can do right now is dilly-dally around waiting for more 'hard work' to solve our obvious problems. The time is now!

Keep The Faith:

No leadership on or off the pitch. I don't see how millen can turn this around. He looks clueless.

Weymouth red:

nice chap but not a manager i fear it will be to late to get out of this now. he needs to go now.

Danny P:

Time to go, not tomorrow, not after Tuesdays game, NOW

Horton Red:

(So what you're effectively saying, is that you know more about football than Keith?)

I don't think that would be too hard.

redredrobin1:

Millen has to go now. From what we've seen it seems that he just isn't up to the job.

It's not really hard to see that with him we're a sinking ship and we need someone who's been there and done it before to resurrect our season.

The really worrying thing is Landsdowns blind faith in him to eventually 'get it right'. If things aren't bad enough at the moment, how bad will they have to get? Relegation?

He needs to go NOW.

L2thespizzle:

Millen is without doubt the worst manager in the football league, he should stop embarrassing us and himself!! Any City fan that can defend the man is clueless for every game he stays in charge the chances of us staying up are decresing massively. No doubt he will be in the Albion tonight downing shots as he is most saturdays he doesn't give a ****!!

Haha glad I'm not on the list, although I don't think I have ever had a bad word to say about Millen

You can count me in as a keith doubter. And i'm the one who started this thread.

However... I've never blamed keith for our predicament this season. He's done as well as he could.

I've always blamed SL for the decision. We were 'bigged' up by the Club and media as potential promotion candidants. Coppell was in, and so was DJ...we were in heaven and couldn't believe what was happening. Then Coppell left, and the board chose KM as the long term replacement.

KM has done remarkably well considering.

But fans seem to forget, within a season, we've gone from being potential promotion candidants to also rans over night. All the momentum has gone and SL has acknowledged his mistakes. Now we are suffering the consequences financially.

If Coppell had stayed, knowing our financial difficulties now, would SL have forked out more money for signings?

It's worth thinking about, how different things and expectations would have been, had SC stayed. We were on a crest of a wave, and most people blame SC for out predicament. Would things have been different, and would the financial strings have been loosened.

From what i've heard, SC left because promises by the board regarding finances were withdrawn after he had signed. Hense the cover up by the Club. We will never know for certain...but the club are not smelling of Roses as far as i'm concerned.

KM...however, has done a good job considering, but i still don't think he's the answer if we want promotion.

You speak for me. Well put.

KM...however, has done a good job considering, but i still don't think he's the answer if we want promotion.

I think he's probably our best hope, although it will be a very tall order. I think that some people forget that we are a relatively small Championship Club, have only been promoted to the top League once in 100 years, and after years of over-spending, are looking to reduce losses. I just like the way he has gone about things, nothing flash, no great ego, shrewd signings, the players look happy with life, and the team are getting results. The bigger risk might be that a bigger club sees what a good job he has been doing.

I think he's probably our best hope, although it will be a very tall order. I think that some people forget that we are a relatively small Championship Club, have only been promoted to the top League once in 100 years, and after years of over-spending, are looking to reduce losses. I just like the way he has gone about things, nothing flash, no great ego, shrewd signings, the players look happy with life, and the team are getting results. The bigger risk might be that a bigger club sees what a good job he has been doing.

I agree to a certain degree, based on the about turn by the Club, when it comes to finances.

Many people have overlooked the fact, that during the summer Coppell was bought in as well as James, on good money, and the Club made a statement of intent. We wanted promotion to go along with the new stadium plans.

When SC left,that statement of intent, went out of the window, along with Coppell.

In a matter of months we went from Promotion hopefulls to relegation dodgers.

If we are that small club, why go out and spend loads, only to stop suddenly when Coppell left?

Or was that already the plan when they signed Coppell, knowing he had a good track record with unkown players?

If so...why bring in David James?

All of a sudden we are looking to reduce losses, when KM was installed. There was no mention of this when Coppell was appointed.

Tbh...there has been a lot of stealth like activity from this club in the past year or so.

Give him his due...SL has come out and admitted his errors, but it still pisses me off when i keep hearing Coppell left us in the shit, when i hear from other sourses that City did a 'U' turn on their promises to him regarding spending and signings.

A big cover up ensued.

It was GJ and SL who ****** up big time in their last season together, Coppell takes all the flak for it, and KM reaps the benefits.

Hopefully he'll prove to be a good manager, and take us further up the league, playing entertaining and attractive football.

Why does everything have to be a ******* conspiracy! Basso, Stewart, Phillips, and now Coppell? Despite the fact he has previous for being a bottler?

So many hidden "sources" and a club that has rarely if ever been proven to have lied or misrepresented the truth to us... I know who I trust.

Why does everything have to be a ******* conspiracy! Basso, Stewart, Phillips, and now Coppell? Despite the fact he has previous for being a bottler?

So many hidden "sources" and a club that has rarely if ever been proven to have lied or misrepresented the truth to us... I know who I trust.

I'm sure the Club are quiet happy the majority of fans are like sheep and go along with everything they say, or don't say.

I don't know anything about the Basso, Stewart or Phillips cases, but i know enough about the SC case, to make my own judgement.

There is no conspiracy, as Coppell and the Club have never said publicly why he left. There was a vague statement that could cover many aspects.

So there has never been a lie or misrepresentation. Anyway, lets not go over old ground, because it will only open a whole new debate, that will detract from the BEP article. Yes...my fault...I shouldn't have mentioned it.

But...I know, what I know...that's all.

Your missing the point, they haven't and won't.

You were one who slated him and credit to you, your now giving him the credit he deserves, your a minority though

I have never slated him. I've always said I support him completely.

try to get your facts right in between defending Millen unecessarily.

Fair play to Keith. He's pulled it around. And good luck to him. But did anyone ever wish him ill? Figment of the imagination of a few of the more combative folk on here I'm afraid. As far as I could see almost everyone questioning Keith before and after Christmas was doing so on the basis of the evidence before their eyes...and not malice. Most posters said they felt sorry for the bloke. I did.

I know for a fact at least one of the posters quoted above has since quit the forum...the vindictive point scoring gets very tedious.

Fact is that none of the quotes above do justice to the quite lengthy arguments advanced questioning SL's appointment of Keith. Or the argument that however he performed he wasn't the type of manager that we were promised had been sought and signed when Coppell got the job...a man of experience to move the club forward.

Well said, Red Exile.

Some of those those posters coming out of the woodwork now to gleefully damn those who questioned KM's appointment were not exactly vociferous in his defence when the team looked so clueless and propped up the league playing such poor football that City looked every inch a side heading for relegation.

Those who actually gave their opinions at the time, in the main, gave reasoned arguments why they believed he was the wrong choice for the job, and their arguments were backed up by the atrocious fare witnessed on the pitch and the fact we were bottom of the league. Those same posters, almost to a man, also wished him well and hoped he could succeed.

It wasn't, as the EP might have readers believe, 500 furious fans at the back of the Williams shouting for KM's head - like I witnessed with Alan Dicks - in fact, I never heard any calls for his head at the ground. It was the majority on here, very much the majority in fact, voicing their concerns about the state of the club and the perceived ability of the man installed at the helm to not only avert disaster but take this club forward. That didn't mean they didn't support him at matches or in any way attempted to undermine him at the ground.

That's what a forum is for, to give your opinion at the time. Not to quietly sit on the fence, taking a note of names, and then attempt to belittle other posters who actually gave an opinion months later when you believe they have been proved wrong.

And has anyone actually been proved wrong? Well, KM hasn't proved the disaster in waiting so many feared, that much is clear by our survival. He may well be the steady but unspectacular manager it seems SL wanted after the GJ/Coppell traumas - even if the mixture of disastrous runs and excellent runs is hardly steady as such, it looks like the final league position will be. Is he capable of doing more than steadying the ship? We just don't know, just like we don't know whether next season will commence with one of Keith's good runs or one of his bad ones

If we're happy with mid table finishes, including fairly dramatic changes of form, for a few seasons, but the likelihood we will never be consistent enough to trouble the play off positions then we should probably be content with Keith Millen, and if there is more attacking football and home wins on the way then that will be enough for many.

If fans feel they were led by the Chairman to expect more than this they are likely to remain disappointed at the appointment and it is important to remember that a season of struggle and a levelling off of ambition was absolutely not what City fans were led to expect when purchasing last year's season tickets.

Speaking for myself, as the season went on winning the battle to avert relegation eventually overtook any need for change for the long term, as late change (post Middlesbro'/Sheff. Weds. etc.) would almost certainly have been counterproductive. Now we are safe there is no doubt we go forward with KM as manager and I'm sure all those who quite reasonably doubted the wisdom of his appointment as one which will really take this club forward accept that he has earnt more time to show he can mature into this task and at the same time continue to wish him well.

In no particular order.

Come on lads where are you?

Kevbcfc:

keith must go now or we r going down

Red Robin:

Sorry he has had plenty of time to get a very good bunch of players playing good football.

Sadly KM has not done that.he has to go to give us a chance of staying in the division.

Red Robin:

We are going down if Millen stays in the job,let's all be realistic he is not and never was the right choice.

Trowbridge BCFC

Millen is a tool. He should have stuck to writing crap on the back of the green un (he couldnt talk a decent game then either). He's had all season and still we get owned every bloody week. GO NOW

The man is a liability, who was half the reason we were struggling with GJ...

DOLMANDAN:

Millen is not upto the job architect of our decline .Lansdown employed him and is now moaning about loseing money whos coming with me to Aston Gate to protest

SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK Millen SACK Millen BBOOOOOOOOO RUBBISH CITY YOUR NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

redred:

Confirmation That Millen Is Clueless

Andy082005

(Would you take Johnson back)

instead they are stuck with his clueless side kick

He should never have been given the job in the first place. Do you really continue to believe Millen is taking this team/club in the right direction?

The simple fact is this, Millen HAS to go....if he doesnt, I would bet anything, we will be relegated this year

The bloke really is clueless.....possibly the worst manager ive known in my time. In fact, I'd even appoint you in front of "Millie"...and thats saying something

Monkeh:

I loved johnson best manager we've had in 20 years but no I wouldn't have him back

I don't want millen in charge ether he is more clueless and the players aren't playing for him

he is so inept

Kevster3

If landsdownreally cares about this club,he will wield the axe

Supporting city for 55years does not make me a glory hunter,but I am sick of the Millen love ins when he is clearly not the man to take us forwards,but sadly backwards

Bazooka Joe

Millen best thing since sliced bread? - he's bl**dy mouldy old dough.

Bin him !

Get rid of Mr Boring - he's utterly incompetent and inept.

Red badger:

KM has no experience, no record of success...no idea, in truth.

Sadly the time was quite some time ago...beats me what Steve Lansdown is waiting for.

Screech:

Relegation Is Inevitable. We are down, thoroughly f....ed off with this bunch of players not giving a toss.

what a shame for SL to have put so much time and money in to see his investment being shat in his face by the most clueless coaches and players we've had for years.

Fka dagest:

A new man in could easily save this season. KM won't. The worst thing we can do right now is dilly-dally around waiting for more 'hard work' to solve our obvious problems. The time is now!

Keep The Faith:

No leadership on or off the pitch. I don't see how millen can turn this around. He looks clueless.

Weymouth red:

nice chap but not a manager i fear it will be to late to get out of this now. he needs to go now.

Danny P:

Time to go, not tomorrow, not after Tuesdays game, NOW

Horton Red:

(So what you're effectively saying, is that you know more about football than Keith?)

I don't think that would be too hard.

redredrobin1:

Millen has to go now. From what we've seen it seems that he just isn't up to the job.

It's not really hard to see that with him we're a sinking ship and we need someone who's been there and done it before to resurrect our season.

The really worrying thing is Landsdowns blind faith in him to eventually 'get it right'. If things aren't bad enough at the moment, how bad will they have to get? Relegation?

He needs to go NOW.

L2thespizzle:

Millen is without doubt the worst manager in the football league, he should stop embarrassing us and himself!! Any City fan that can defend the man is clueless for every game he stays in charge the chances of us staying up are decresing massively. No doubt he will be in the Albion tonight downing shots as he is most saturdays he doesnt give a ****!!

I'm shocked and appalled that I'm not included in the above list, which was clearly compiled by somebody who used to work for an Eastern European secret police organisation.

I must have slagged off KM at some point, surely?

@Spudski - I've no intention of tracking it down, but SC certainly said in a pre-season interview at least once that he didn't expect immediate success and stressed how it took 3 years at Reading to reach a level that could achieve promotion. Most of the hype in pre-season is generated by the fans & local media, if asked of course the staff are going to say the ambition is the play-offs - if you're not looking to progress and get up the league, what's the point in having a team? Don't really agree that the club blew hot air at all.

:laugh:

I said it then and say it now. I also said SL probably made the only decision he could have after copout left but that is not the same as a long term solution to get us promoted to the prem. I still believe that, at the same time I give him credit for pulling us up the table while not forgetting his dire performance earlier in the season. I wish him well and if he gets us to the prem then fantastic but I don't think he will.. If I am wrong then even better. No contradiction there.

Archived