IGNORED

Skuse

old_eastender

Except he did actually have some impact, he spread the ball wide a lot which was the only way we were going to create. There really wasn't anybody on the bench likely to change anything against a side sat so deep except Pitman who was brought on already.

I fear Cole will still be regarded as a promising youngster when he is 30. If he was as good as claimed when he actually was a promising youngster he would have been a key player long since but he remains peripheral most of the time and does not impose himself. Seems far too diffident to me; too much of a nice guy perhaps or just in his comfort zone as many of our long serving players seem to be?

I actually agree. Skuse is very lightweight and brings no flavour to the dish. Past his cell by date at this club.

Translation anyone?

"Flavour to the dish"??

"Cell"??

I kind of agree with the general point of the thread. IMO Skuse is overrated to an extent. He's solid-ish, but doesn't really add anything to a game other than shoring things up. Not one to get rid of though. Not one to start with either unless away from home and look to snatch a draw

The substitution only made sense if Cisse was injured. Bit of a strange one as Skuse is never likely to score. Having said that I thought he played quite well when he came on. Good to have on the bench, but not a starter for me.

Cisse did take a hell of a clatter in the sending off incident and he had come back from injury. I imagine he was taken off as a precaution.

totally agree didn't know why he was brought on today when we were chasing the game when cisse went off should of gone with the woolford change then and put JCR in the middlerather than do it 20mins later then could of put clarky on for last 10 to try and go for it!

Read the replies then see who the cock is!

DILLIGAF...............in the real world away from the otib keyboard warriors like you, they rate hiim somewhat higher.

There again go back to 84 and the gas are in the same league as us. and live in your comfort zone. which will be nice for you.

Why? - because Cisse was injured, and Skuse was the only player on the bench able to fill that defensive midfiled role, breaking up opposition attacks, without which we regularly ship goals, eg Barnsley last week. Seemed an obvious swap to me.

And as for anyone who would lose Skuse this summer and prefer to keep Nicky Hunt, John Akinde, Ivan Sprolue - well, you must watch a different game to me!

Archived