IGNORED

Lansdown Send Off

Nice touch with SL on shirts today but i think the players should have hung around at the end of the lap and clapped him in.

After all he has paid them and made them millionaires during his tenure.

Agree, The players should have stayed by the tunnel to clap him in.

Whatever happens in their career to follow, perhaps they don't realise they will never play under a better Chairman.

I appreciate what Steve Lansdown has done for our club as much as everyone else but I found today's lap of honour a bit of a farce.

Sure SL has stepped down as Chairman but ultimately nothing much changes. His lad is on the board and Colin Sexstone won't be able to make high brow decisions without the nod from Steve Lansdown himself. City will now be run in the same way Abramovich handles Chelsea. In other words the day to day running of the club and contracts will be handled by CS and his team. However, Steve Lansdown will still have the final say in matters that involve significant sums of money.

I appreciate what Steve Lansdown has done for our club as much as everyone else but I found today's lap of honour a bit of a farce.

Sure SL has stepped down as Chairman but ultimately nothing much changes. His lad is on the board and Colin Sexstone won't be able to make high brow decisions without the nod from Steve Lansdown himself. City will now be run in the same way Abramovich handles Chelsea. In other words the day to day running of the club and contracts will be handled by CS and his team. However, Steve Lansdown will still have the final say in matters that involve significant sums of money.

I kind of agree but it's always good to show how much appreciated SL is to the club and as he'll no longer be doing AGMs or fans meetings this was one last chance to say thanks in numbers.

A bit of a farce, wow, wow, wow, wow, ok lets get rid of the farce of a familey, the man he has bought land (yes to make money in future years) but you are saying 80% of fans who stayed behind today were not there for the players no they stayed for SL, i know you are a City die hard but your comments make me feel sick. That was Lansdown moment every chairman is a frustrated player who wants the same acculation players get , Lansdown deserved that moment, shit signings and Coppell aside.

A bit of a farce, wow, wow, wow, wow, ok lets get rid of the farce of a familey, the man he has bought land (yes to make money in future years) but you are saying 80% of fans who stayed behind today were not there for the players no they stayed for SL, i know you are a City die hard but your comments make me feel sick. That was Lansdown moment every chairman is a frustrated player who wants the same acculation players get , Lansdown deserved that moment, shit signings and Coppell aside.

[/

Look Bud, I'm not decrying anything Lansdown has done for our club but its not as if he's emigrating to New Zealand and planning to invest a Rugby Club. He's stepping down as Chairman thats all. He'll be a phone call away and will remain the major player in all things City.

He didn't need the accolade he got today. He knows very well how much he's valued and respected by us fans.

Look Bud, I'm not decrying anything Lansdown has done for our club but its not as if he's emigrating to New Zealand and planning to invest a Rugby Club. He's stepping down as Chairman thats all. He'll be a phone call away and will remain the major player in all things City.

He didn't need the accolade he got today. He knows very well how much he's valued and respected by us fans.

So when he was punching up into the air and enjoying is moment, like a player he never wasn't, he didn't or didn't deserve that, or was it a farce the players got a good chear but when i was leaving AG i was hearing one SL what a farce, just before the anounccer said one last shout for SL, BS3 was busy afterwards told our kid Avon Packet five min walk get searved quicker, SMLING people we were bottom at one point.

I don't begrudge him the applause...even after a season which failed to deliver on his promises on almost all fronts...

but let's not forget that the reason he's leaving the day to day stuff is so he can go the the Channel Islands and avoid paying his taxes in the middle of a recession...can't say my heart bleeds for that...

Some really strange comments being made here. :unsure:

I thought it was only right that SL could walk around the pitch and show how passionate he still is about the Club.

He showed he was one of us. He was thanking the fans and applauding them for their continual support. We reciprocated and thanked him back.

KM and the lads were showing their support too. A Club together as one solid unit. It was good to see imho.

Whatever, whoever the absolute minimum that SL deserved yesterday was a two way opportunity for the fans to thank him for his contribution and vice versa? To this extent I personally thought that the lap of honour was very good and well respected / well received by all parties.

What we must all remember is that in addition to ploughing a lot of his own fortune into BCFC he has also given lots of his precious time trying to further our cause.

Must admit that thinking about it today in the cold light of day, yes, it might have been a respectful gesture of the players to clap the outgoing chairman back down the tunnel, but, it could also be argued that after all it was going to be Steve Lansdown's day and they had all played their part by giving KM/SL the final performance that was ordered so they left the stage to allow the chairman to take his well deserved plaudits without other distractions. Also if you noted Adam Baker was hovering with his camera waiting to do a on field interview with SL so if the players had formed a guard of honour they would have had to stood around like plums whilst SL completed his interview? I also thought the presentation by Dolls and the Supporters trust at half time, by including Steve's wife was a great touch.

As for the players I thought it would have been a nice gesture "if" they had given away their shirts / boots to youngsters in the crowd during the lap but presumably as they were "special" embroidered SL shirts (Funny how the club can arrange to have SL's initials put on to the shirts Mr.Lloyd but could not do similar to have poppies embroidered on our shirts to remember our brave military heroes like the vast majority of our other Championship mates!!! nono.gif) these will soon appear on ebay being offered for auction money which will be given to a charity of SL's choosing (All apart from a certain left wingers who will remain nameless - JCR who made some kiddies day by accepting their request for some brilliant momento of the final day).

Whilst I have not always agreed with everything SL has been about or tried to sell I have nothing but massive admiration for him as both a business man, a chairman and a person and I can only thank him for his huge contribution in making our club what it is today.

Whilst I fully recognise that he is not leaving all together there is an old saying "That you never realise what you have got until its gone?"

HISTORY will judge SL's contribution to BCFC and in my opinion his contribution will be right up there at the top.

Thanks Steve - Enjoy your (semi) retirement from the day to day running of our fantastic club.

Nice touch with SL on shirts today but i think the players should have hung around at the end of the lap and clapped him in.

After all he has paid them and made them millionaires during his tenure.

SL decides the players wage and has made them very rich, we supporters pay them. If there is a shortfall in wages then SL lends the club money that future generations of supporters will have to pay back and at that point the club will have less to invest in everything.

Its so short sighted to say he has given us money to pay for players when he has actually lent us money that we will have to pay back.

Whatever, whoever the absolute minimum that SL deserved yesterday was a two way opportunity for the fans to thank him for his contribution and vice versa? To this extent I personally thought that the lap of honour was very good and well respected / well received by all parties.

What we must all remember is that in addition to ploughing a lot of his own fortune into BCFC he has also given lots of his precious time trying to further our cause.

Must admit that thinking about it today in the cold light of day, yes, it might have been a respectful gesture of the players to clap the outgoing chairman back down the tunnel, but, it could also be argued that after all it was going to be Steve Lansdown's day and they had all played their part by giving KM/SL the final performance that was ordered so they left the stage to allow the chairman to take his well deserved plaudits without other distractions. Also if you noted Adam Baker was hovering with his camera waiting to do a on field interview with SL so if the players had formed a guard of honour they would have had to stood around like plums whilst SL completed his interview? I also thought the presentation by Dolls and the Supporters trust at half time, by including Steve's wife was a great touch.

As for the players I thought it would have been a nice gesture "if" they had given away their shirts / boots to youngsters in the crowd during the lap but presumably as they were "special" embroidered SL shirts (Funny how the club can arrange to have SL's initials put on to the shirts Mr.Lloyd but could not do similar to have poppies embroidered on our shirts to remember our brave military heroes like the vast majority of our other Championship mates!!! nono.gif) these will soon appear on ebay being offered for auction money which will be given to a charity of SL's choosing (All apart from a certain left wingers who will remain nameless - JCR who made some kiddies day by accepting their request for some brilliant momento of the final day).

Whilst I have not always agreed with everything SL has been about or tried to sell I have nothing but massive admiration for him as both a business man, a chairman and a person and I can only thank him for his huge contribution in making our club what it is today.

Whilst I fully recognise that he is not leaving all together there is an old saying "That you never realise what you have got until its gone?"

HISTORY will judge SL's contribution to BCFC and in my opinion his contribution will be right up there at the top.

Thanks Steve - Enjoy your (semi) retirement from the day to day running of our fantastic club.

Top post. I dont think they players or SL are into that touchy feely sing song ring a ring or roses guard of Honor, hip hip horray!

Guess SL might of felt like he was getting the bumps again on his 10th birthday!

Anyways, quality, SL will never be to far from City thats good, CS has big boots to fill, but i'm sure he'll do well with everyone around him.

Its a new beginning, never an ending!

Adomah/Caulker know how valued and appreciated their efforts are, stuff the end of seasons awards. etc. etc. Come on Robbored, use your brain lad.

My point is that its not as if Steve Lansdown is leaving City. He's simply handing over the chairmanship. Why would a bloke worth an estimated 750m want to carry on in such a role? especially as he'll still be the main man and have his finger on the pulse of all things City from his home in Guernsey. In effect nothing much will have actually changed. He's taken on a position similar to Abramovich at Chelsea. He's still City's main shareholder.

Sure it was good for the fans to show him how much he's appreciated yesterday but its not as if Steve himself didn't already know that.

Its not a gripe or critism - just an observation.

Archived