IGNORED

Odds To Win Championship Next Season

Brighton will have momentum and a new ground factor which can usually give performances a boost in the short term at least. Also the latter will give them a markedly bigger budget. Southampton will similarly have momentum (something like 11 wins in their last 13) and a decent sized budget. I can see why they may be considered possibles...

West Ham will win the league if they get relegated! the youngsters they have coming through along with the squad they've already got will be head and shoulders above every other team in the division.

have to disagree there, i can see West Ham staying down for a few seasons. They will lose their main men and can't see them going straight back up, but i'm no genius! tounge.gif

6-1 for the Foxes?... what utter tosh. The Saints on 10-1 is also nonsense.

Frankly, this division is so tight that realistic odds should and usually do bunch up significantly closer to the start of the a season; Donny, Tykes and Palarse are also stupid odds.

40-1 for City... probably worth a fiver before the odds inevitably come down. be interesting to see each way bet though.

anyway... I'd prefer our odds to lengthen; that way we keep just a little more off the radar.

have to disagree there, i can see West Ham staying down for a few seasons. They will lose their main men and can't see them going straight back up, but i'm no genius! tounge.gif

They'll also lose the hapless Grant which means they will be thereabouts in my view.

How he gets a job in management is beyond me. Maybe its the Mossad connection.

Makes it harder to hang on to your better players if you are perceived as being no-hopers.

Perhaps you are right yes but more an issue to attract them.

Anyway, few teams in our league are no hopers whether the odds say so or not and if a player considers the bookies odds over most other factors he's not a particularly smart chap.

I Agree they may lose some star players but as i mentioned in my earlier post, i belive they have so excellent youngsters coming through who can more than hold there own in the Championship, that coupled with the more excpierenced players there going to keep and ofcourse new signings, they will have a great chance of going up, as Champions in my opinion! there going to be an attractive club for most Championship players to join aswell... Not only this but they will have parachute payments which other clubs in this division dont have.

Brighton with the new stadium momentum with Southhampton as well bookies don't like losing money, Middlesborough have finished the season very well they would be my outside bet, if Leicester stick with Sven he can get the players, man it's a a hard league, without West Ham, Blackpool and another team coming down, remember Burnley got another parachute year as well.

Value Bet - Leeds

Good outsiders - Hull & Boro

Poor value - Burnley and Brighton

Think West Ham will do well if they go down, can't see Blackpool or Wigan seriously challenging, Wolves would be strong.

Think City at 40/1 is about right, best thing for City is to aim to create a stable base, allow younger players to develop, then when we can finally lose some high earners next summer, we will be in a strong position to make well-targetted signings, and mount a serious challenge.

Thought Lord Sugar was spot on tonight......

Archived