IGNORED

Mcindoe Released

cidernuta

I thought we'd heard the last of this, but mention his name and it invariably seems to spark this kind of argument. Whenever it's come up before I've always said the same thing and I'll say it again. Whatever attitude problems he may or may not have had off the field, I never once saw him take that on to the pitch. Once over the white line, he was absolutely committed. Not blessed with exceptional pace, but essentially a good, consistent player. Neither the best left midfielder I've ever seen at AG nor by any means the worst, but I have never seen anyone physically fitter or more hard-working. The classic example was his performance against Palace in the play-off semi, secong leg at home, when even after extra time in an incredibly draining game he was still getting box to box and working his arse off. He put his shift in for us, no question, and deserves no criticism as far as I'm concerned, but it's surely too late in his career for there to be any question of him returning here now.

He was one of the best attacking players we have had on the left hand side in a long time. Some of the best players we have had in recent years have had 'ego' and attitude problems off the pitch. Leroy Lita is a prime example but his cockiness and him thinking he was the best probably was his motivation and was part of his game in a way. I was disappointed when McIndoe left the club but maybe his ego had become a problem in the dressing room. Sometimes the more difficult ones off the pitch are ones that can shine on the pitch and in my opinion McIndoe fits that bill.

Of course he was. No one has come close to matching his first season for us on the left wing.

So true. Consistent, great on the ball, cracking cross and the stamina of a marathon runner. But a cocky little sh*t to boot and faded miserably 2nd season.

Mcindoe is a small and insignificant part of the past of BCFC, I don't see why he needs to be discussed.

O hai Robbored.

McIndoe was the only left sided winger/midfielder at the club during his spell at City. That's why so many fans rated him. He had no competition.

No-one can argue that he wasn't a hard worker but he never really impressed me. I like wingers with pace and the confidence/ability to go past defenders. We rarely saw McIndoe actually take on anyone. I didn't see it as a great loss when left for Coventry.

McIndoe was the only left sided winger/midfielder at the club during his spell at City. That's why so many fans rated him. He had no competition.

No-one can argue that he wasn't a hard worker but he never really impressed me. I like wingers with pace and the confidence/ability to go past defenders. We rarely saw McIndoe actually take on anyone. I didn't see it as a great loss when left for Coventry.

McIndoe had as many assists in 07/08 than Adomah has had this term, in a season (07/08) where we scored 9 fewer goals, he scored more goals as well. We may have been further up the table but that certainly wasn't from being free-scoring by any means, I would wager we've had more shots this season than we did then too. Adomah is class, but so was McIndoe on his day.

McIndoe was the only left sided winger/midfielder at the club during his spell at City. That's why so many fans rated him.

NO.........., a lot of us rated him because he was a good footballer and he was fantastic for us at times.

He worked up and down the left flank, he was always a threat going forward and did more than his fare share of defensive work.

He was also the first decent one we'd had in ages.

Tinnion was relatively ineffective on the wing compared to the centre and Bell never looked happy there. Aaron Brown was fairly inconsistent and, aside from the playoff semi final, Goodfellow was just awful.

It's a matter of personal preference as to what sort of winger you prefer. Those who take on and beat players are often exciting and popular but those who use their brain and ability to pass the ball can often be at least as effective. McIndoe's stats were decent and that's all that matters really. You don't have to like him, but he remains the best we'd had in over a decade.

He was also the first decent one we'd had in ages.

Tinnion was relatively ineffective on the wing compared to the centre and Bell never looked happy there. Aaron Brown was fairly inconsistent and, aside from the playoff semi final, Goodfellow was just awful.

It's a matter of personal preference as to what sort of winger you prefer. Those who take on and beat players are often exciting and popular but those who use their brain and ability to pass the ball can often be at least as effective. McIndoe's stats were decent and that's all that matters really. You don't have to like him, but he remains the best we'd had in over a decade.

Agreed, footballing intelligence is certainly an importan, if at times an understated quality.

Oh yeah, cos everyone rates Jamie McAllister, and he's the only one in his position here too!

Archived