IGNORED

New Millen Video On Main Site

brad blit

Can anyone watch this and let me know what has been said (im currently in work so cant)

My predictions.....

1) A new left back, but still saying McAllister has role to play

2) A commanding/leader centre back, will mention Caulker/Spence but say its in the hands of parent club first

3) Creative Midfielder, possibly someone who can also work the wings with Sproule gone

4) He wont mention a new striker because he'll say hes happy with Maynard, Stead, Pitman, Clarkson with Jackson as 5th name.

Can anyone watch this and let me know what has been said (im currently in work so cant)

My predictions.....

2) A commanding/leader centre back, will mention Caulker/Spence but say its in the hands of parent club first

3) Creative Midfielder, possibly someone who can also work the wings with Sproule gone

4) He wont mention a new striker because he'll say hes happy with Maynard, Stead, Pitman, Clarkson with Jackson as 5th name.

He confirmed that City are in early talks with various players, including Billy Jones who Millen says he's admired for sometime. Its no secret he said that City made a bid for him in January. He also said that he thinks some deals will be done late although he'd like to tie up a couple of players before he (Millen) goes on his hols. Also says the current squad is too large and although he doesn't have move players out he doesn't want to sign new players which would block the development of the youngsters.

Midfield and defence are the priorities and he's happy with the strikers we have. No surprises there. More common sense from our manager.

He confirmed that City are in early talks with various players, including Billy Jones who Millen says he's admired for sometime. Its no secret he said that City made a bid for him in January. He also said that he thinks some deals will be done late although he'd like to tie up a couple of players before he (Millen) goes on his hols. Also says the current squad is too large and although he doesn't have move players out he doesn't want to sign new players which would block the development of the youngsters.

Midfield and defence are the priorities and he's happy with the strikers we have. No surprises there. More common sense from our manager.

Cheers bud.

I think we all know the squad is too large..... but its easier said than done moving players on that arent part of his plans, and we could still see the odd surprise exit if Millen can get a suitable replacement or has one lined up. I think one central midfielder will be leaving plus possibly 1-2 defenders. I cant see Clarkson leaving unless a scottish team comes in or hes part of an exchange deal (possibly for one of the rumoured Dundee guys)

My predictions.....

oh dear

Sorry mate but I really don't get the McCallister knockers.

His cross put in Adomah/Stead for our first on saturday and then a glorious 50 yarder put in Campbell-Ryce for the third.

He had a good game - but how often does that happen?? once or twice a season - 3 times maybe?

As for his "glorious" long ball, what about the hundreds of other aimless punts we have seen this season??

As for his "glorious" long ball, what about the hundreds of other aimless punts we have seen this season??

The same could be said for Nyatanga, Fontaine, Carey, Stewart when they've played......

McAllister as an experienced, competant back up to a new left back seems sensible to me

The same could be said for Nyatanga, Fontaine, Carey, Stewart when they've played......

McAllister as an experienced, competant back up to a new left back seems sensible to me

None of them has been has bad as mcallister, the only one who had has been lumping as much is nyatanga, but then the rest of his game has been better recently.

Thing is, none of them get the ball as much as mcallister, so the problem aint as bad.

McAllister is the worse player in our squad and should have been gone a long time ago.

I was a fan of johnson, but he seriously lost the plot at the end - he gave a 3yr deal to mcallister??! when he just as bad then as he is now.

I'm not much of a fan of naming the players we are in contract talks with. It scares me somewhat!

I'm not much of a fan of naming the players we are in contract talks with. It scares me somewhat!

Millen bid good money for Billy Jones in January so its no secret. And its no surprise we're still interested now theres no fee involved.

Normally I'd agree and I think Millen would to. But with Jones I dont think it does any damage to our chances.

None of them has been has bad as mcallister, the only one who had has been lumping as much is nyatanga, but then the rest of his game has been better recently.

Thing is, none of them get the ball as much as mcallister, so the problem aint as bad.

McAllister is the worse player in our squad and should have been gone a long time ago.

I was a fan of johnson, but he seriously lost the plot at the end - he gave a 3yr deal to mcallister??! when he just as bad then as he is now.

Well, its all down to opinions, I certainly dont think he is the worse player in the squad by any stretch, what I do know is by default, he is the best left back we have in the squad...........at the moment.

Whilst we struggled with the back four for the last few games, it was important we had somebody experienced in there. If I had any concerns about him, its more his actual defending at times and the fact he flys in too often rather than his lumping long passing!

Well, its all down to opinions, I certainly dont think he is the worse player in the squad by any stretch, what I do know is by default, he is the best left back we have in the squad...........at the moment.

Whilst we struggled with the back four for the last few games, it was important we had somebody experienced in there. If I had any concerns about him, its more his actual defending at times and the fact he flys in too often rather than his lumping long passing!

That used to be a get out or an excuse for mcallister - yeah okay he lumps it, but he's a good defender - I dont think that's true anymore.

no surprise about billy jones, but that would leave us with 3 right backs, plus carey, and only one natural left back...

According to Millen in today's player release Jones can play in both full back positions and as a holding midfielder. Mr Versatile it seems.

McAllister spent nearly 2 years after the departure of mcindoe, exposed and being overrun as a result of being our only real left sided player.

I think JM has had a reasonable season this time around. The turning point being the signing of Danny Rose, who whilst pretty ineffective himself, certainly helped what was proving an issue for JM. This has continued whilst having JCR or Woolford playing out on the left and just giving that little bit of protection that JM was badly needing.

McAllister spent nearly 2 years after the departure of mcindoe, exposed and being overrun as a result of being our only real left sided player.

I think JM has had a reasonable season this time around. The turning point being the signing of Danny Rose, who whilst pretty ineffective himself, certainly helped what was proving an issue for JM. This has continued whilst having JCR or Woolford playing out on the left and just giving that little bit of protection that JM was badly needing.

This is another excuse which I keep hearing - so, why was he so poor in mcindoe's 2nd season then? And why has this excuse never been given to any other full back that has played for bristol city??

And having no protection does not effect what he does when he is in possesion, usually with ample time...

This is another excuse which I keep hearing - so, why was he so poor in mcindoe's 2nd season then? And why has this excuse never been given to any other full back that has played for bristol city??

And having no protection does not effect what he does when he is in possesion, usually with ample time...

Im surprised at your blinkered view re. Jamie Mac, Riaz. You usually have a fairly intelligent knowledge of the game and therefore your posts can be interesting, whether agreed with or not.

I disagree with you on this one though.

Of course having no protection and therefore support down the left affects a players options when it comes to distribution of the ball. For far too long, JM was left with noone down the channels and had to know long balls towards the box or risk getting caught in possesion.

JM can of course frustrate when he still sometimes takes this option, but that is because he is actually one of our more capable players as far as distribution is concerned, provided he has the outlets. When he doesnt have one immediately on hand, then agreed, it does get lumped forward. Better that though, than getting caught out, or giving it away in a more dangerous area.

Surely there isnt much question that there has been a marked improvement in JM's performances this season, since he has has the support of a wide left player in front of him?

No, he is no Scott, Barnard or Bell, but he is a decent left back and a good pro.

Im surprised at your blinkered view re. Jamie Mac, Riaz. You usually have a fairly intelligent knowledge of the game and therefore your posts can be interesting, whether agreed with or not.

Of course having no protection and therefore support down the left affects a players options when it comes to distribution of the ball. For far too long, JM was left with noone down the channels and had to know long balls towards the box or risk getting caught in possesion.

JM can of course frustrate when he still sometimes takes this option, but that is because he is actually one of our more capable players as far as distribution is concerned, provided he has the outlets. When he doesnt have one immediately on hand, then agreed, it does get lumped forward. Better that though, than getting caught out, or giving it away in a more dangerous area.

Surely there isnt much question that there has been a marked improvement in JM's performances this season, since he has has the support of a wide left player in front of him?

No, he is no Scott, Barnard or Bell, but he is a decent left back and a good pro.

Obviously I disagree.

The frustrating thing is that he has a decent left foot - when he is further up the pitch his crossing is better for example. But he tends to lump it without looking for a short option. Say for example there is no left winger to pass to... there are still 9 other team-mates, none of whom are exactly running away!

In his first two seasons with us he was great - particulary his passing.... but since then he has been in decline - it started off by him thinking he had long range passing ability of david beckham, but now he is losing his defensive side of the game.

In my opinion he is the worst player in the first team squad and has been for some time.

Obviously I disagree.

The frustrating thing is that he has a decent left foot - when he is further up the pitch his crossing is better for example. But he tends to lump it without looking for a short option. Say for example there is no left winger to pass to... there are still 9 other team-mates, none of whom are exactly running away!

In his first two seasons with us he was great - particulary his passing.... but since then he has been in decline - it started off by him thinking he had long range passing ability of david beckham, but now he is losing his defensive side of the game.

In my opinion he is the worst player in the first team squad and has been for some time.

Worse than Nicky Hunt? Really?! I think we need a new left back, but thats just cold :disapointed2se:

He had a good game - but how often does that happen?? once or twice a season - 3 times maybe?

Exaggerations mate.

It was glorious wasn't it and what about the block the other week?

I agree with Riaz over JMac. He plays the occasional good ball, or makes an ocassional good tackle. He's not consistant enough.

These days, I think he knows his limits. Where as in the past, when defending, he kept close to the opponant, these days he gives them an extra yard of space. He knows he's not fast enough anymore, and more often than not, he's skinned, or instead of shielding the forward away, he lashes in and misses.

His distribution under Pressure is also inadequat at this level. Set pieces he's good at, and when he has time to look up.

Maybe he could be used as a Sub or Squad player? How much are his wages? Could we bring in someone who has the same ability, but younger and on less money? All questions worth thinking about.

Personally, I think he would fare better in League 1 or the Scottish Premier League...same standard ;):D

Absolutely, in fact Bell's entire football career saw him play one season at Championship level, McAllister has already managed four...

Lot of nonsense talked on here about a decent full back who has provided excellent value for us considering he arrived on a free transfer.

I'm sure KM will be looking to have someone younger than 33 as first choice left back next season but McAllister will still be a valuable squad player in the last year of his contract.

McAllister has been decent for us and played LB under 3 different managers so he can't be a poor footballer,

but he's at an age where his abilty is deminishing thats all thats happening to him, he's 33 after all championship football is starting to get beyond him,

If/when we sign a LB next season he will be a squad player, he still got a good left foot and the last game he played for us he had a hand in two of the three goals we scored,

He was also second on the assist charts as well that can't be overlooked,

He isn't the worst player in the squad that in my eyes is shared with Hunt and Woolford

McAllister has been decent for us and played LB under 3 different managers so he can't be a poor footballer,

but he's at an age where his abilty is deminishing thats all thats happening to him, he's 33 after all championship football is starting to get beyond him,

If/when we sign a LB next season he will be a squad player, he still got a good left foot and the last game he played for us he had a hand in two of the three goals we scored,

He was also second on the assist charts as well that can't be overlooked,

He isn't the worst player in the squad that in my eyes is shared with Hunt and Woolford

Oh good god.

Monkeh, you of all people should know that making rash decisions early on leaves you looking a right tit. Whats your name on another forum?

Give the lad a f-ing break.

thats just how I veiw Woolford at the Moment Jordan,

Hopefully he proves me wrong, I don't want to slag the lad off or assign him to the scarp heep just yet,

Just thought macca had a better season then him thats all,

anyway I don't see him as our awnser to the left wing I think he's a poor winger I think he could however play a role behind the striker/strikers like Noble use to do I would like to see him play there

thats just how I veiw Woolford at the Moment Jordan,

Hopefully he proves me wrong, I don't want to slag the lad off or assign him to the scarp heep just yet,

Just thought macca had a better season then him thats all,

anyway I don't see him as our awnser to the left wing I think he's a poor winger I think he could however play a role behind the striker/strikers like Noble use to do I would like to see him play there

I get the feeling he isn't used to being simply a member of a team, He was by all intents and purposes the star man at Scunny, especially since they lost Hooper.

It'd be interesting to go onto a S****horpe forum and ask exactly how they saw his strengths, as from a personal point of view I am still unsure too.

The abiding comment from the Hull game was "Millen hasn't got one wrong yet" and I'd go along with that, Wouldn't be suprised if he has a top season next year.

Archived