IGNORED

Supporter Of The Year Marie Day

cider head

Un-*******- believable!

Not the award, but some of the posters on here. This forum has reached a new low. :disapointed2se:

in any award such as this there will always be "grey matter". not to say that dolly didn't deserve it, in my view she has more than deserved this award. i think that the issue is that we have actually had a "fan of the year" award. give dolly a job down the gate and we all know she would work her (imaginary) bollocks off in any role. i think people have only expressed an issue against bristol city having a "fan of the year" award! imagine manchester united or chelsea/leeds/brum/spurs/shite(arsenal)/ and any othe "big" club doing the same.

in order to be a big club we may well have to stop trying(and generally failing) at being a good local club!

Agreed, it's bloody mental. After all the hard work she puts in, a small reward and still some people complain! Congratulations!

All the things she does.... fair play to her. Credit to her for all the things like speaking at stadium meetings etc

But she's got a cheek telling other fans how to behave.

She may be an angel. But some of us want to shout and sing and act like football fans without an angelic middle aged woman telling us off like we're naughty children!

Congratulations Dolly on a very well deserved award.

There are the talkers and the do-er's and you are definitely in the latter category and it's clear to see you've done a massive amount for the club and supporters. Anyone with anything between their ears can see that ...... unfortunately the talkers (moaners) are probably far too busy slagging people off to actually do anything constructive themselves.

Keep up the great work and I'm sure it's appreciated by everyone who really cares about where this club is trying to go.

Not sure im a big fan of a 'supporter of the year', quite a subjective topic as has been touched upon, however Marie clearly dedicates alot of her time to the club and therefore im delighted for her, many congratulations 'Dolly'.

Congratulations also to the other winners.

Whatever your opinion it is a great shame that something intended to be positive has been, to however small an extent, soured.

in any award such as this there will always be "grey matter". not to say that dolly didn't deserve it, in my view she has more than deserved this award. i think that the issue is that we have actually had a "fan of the year" award. give dolly a job down the gate and we all know she would work her (imaginary) bollocks off in any role. i think people have only expressed an issue against bristol city having a "fan of the year" award! imagine manchester united or chelsea/leeds/brum/spurs/shite(arsenal)/ and any othe "big" club doing the same.

in order to be a big club we may well have to stop trying(and generally failing) at being a good local club!

At least your view is not based on a personal bias like some. I guess the club are eager to try and involve the fans to be seen to be getting closer. Damned if they do, damned if they dont. Didnt hear any out cry in previous years when the winners were less well known on this forum...

Not sure im a big fan of a 'supporter of the year', quite a subjective topic as has been touched upon, however Marie clearly dedicates alot of her time to the club and therefore im delighted for her, many congratulations 'Dolly'.

Whatever your opinion it is a great shame that something intended to be positive has been, to however small an extent, soured.

it hasn't been soured at all mate, every person on this thread has congratulated dolly. the only thing that has been mentioned in negative is that it is a silly award and that one type of supporter doesn't make a club.

if all supporters were like dolly, then i'm sure dolly would be the first person to moan about how "same-eee! it was at ashton gate, she's a fan like us all.

At least your view is not based on a personal bias like some. I guess the club are eager to try and involve the fans to be seen to be getting closer. Damned if they do, damned if they dont. Didnt hear any out cry in previous years when the winners were less well known on this forum...

the club as every plc company rely to a certain extent on "fans" (our fans generally are shareholders). a little award here and there means nothing does it.

All the things she does.... fair play to her. Credit to her for all the things like speaking at stadium meetings etc

But she's got a cheek telling other fans how to behave.

She may be an angel. But some of us want to shout and sing and act like football fans without an angelic middle aged woman telling us off like we're naughty children!

correct me if im wrong but wasnt it over some morons singing 'let him die' about Grant Leadbitter when he was down and being put in a neck brace??

if so then fair play to her

I agree. It's perfectly fine to honour somebody's hard work for the club without giving them a title that is inevitably going to wind other fans up.

With the telling people off thing, sometimes people need to develop a thicker skin. Football is football, swearing will happen! Jesus, I have a mouth like a toilet most of the time, especially at football. In front of my Mother I'm a saint! There is a time and a place for most things and football is always going to be a place where such language occurs!

Still, a serious amount of drivel being posted on this thread though.

correct me if im wrong but wasnt it over some morons singing 'let him die' about Grant Leadbitter when he was down and being put in a neck brace??

if so then fair play to her

I am one of those 'morons' - I had no idea at the time the injury may have been serious - What I don't like is some woman trying to tell me what I can and cannot say/sing and which words I'm allowed to use.

Your at a football match not a ******* concert or whatever else she thinks it is.

No, just saying it is rigged!

Complete con! Why bother at all?

But everything BCFC do here is a god send.

FIX!

I've met Marie at Wolverhampton Wanderers. She was collecting money for a City fan who had deceased at a young age.

She's a worthy winner of this award. She's a proper, good person.

I've not met you. But I see that you are good at using a computer.

Is that language really neccessary? Give it an hour and dolly will be "confronting" you.

Naughty boy, dont do it again,

You're not big; and you're not clever. Have a word with yourself. You are better than this.

I am one of those 'morons' - I had no idea at the time the injury may have been serious - What I don't like is some woman trying to tell me what I can and cannot say/sing and which words I'm allowed to use.

Your at a football match not a ******* concert or whatever else she thinks it is.

yes i do agree you shouldnt need 'some woman' telling you what you can and cannot sing, you should be able to judge for yourself as a decent human being that chanting for someone to die is wrong...

unbelievable!

yes i do agree you shouldnt need 'some woman' telling you what you can and cannot sing, you should be able to judge for yourself as a decent human being that chanting for someone to die is wrong...

unbelievable!

oh right, sorry, didnt realise this board was full of angels.

If you really think that I wanted the player to die on the pitch, then you carry on thinking that. :doh:

unbelievable!

behave, it's football not crown bowls you muppet. fans pay money and will sing songs, if it offends you the sod off.

ooh shite, we won the bid for euro 96. sorry james, you win.

You're not big; and you're not clever. Have a word with yourself. You are better than this.

Yeah sorry, I've lost my mind. I'll stick to singing come on you reds! no actually I'll sit down in silence......

Love football nowadays

brilliant, love the 'football was better in the old days' brigade

i'm loving the soft "happy clappy new days shite".

you'll get bored eventually, i'll still be here, like my dad, his dad, my grandad, his dad and so on. money can't and won't ever chase me off a terrace (seated stand).

carry on riaz, i don't argee with half the things you say on here but you're a football fan and i'd rather 1 of you that 200 "fans of the year".

and I'd rather have a few more with the commitment Marie shows.

How many signatures for the petition did you collect out of interest?

You do realise this incident Riaz speaks of was her having a go when the Oxygen and neck brace came out and people were STILL singing let him die? I sing that song, hit him on the head too, but as soon as its notably serious ( cos you never can tell these days) you stop and pay the guy respect as we've seen plenty of career threatening injury's down the gate in recent times.

Riaz is a top fan, we need more people who'll sing. But you just shouldn't in my view sing that song when the guy is in pretty obvious peril.

i'm loving the soft "happy clappy new days shite".

you'll get bored eventually, i'll still be here, like my dad, his dad, my grandad, his dad and so on. money can't and won't ever chase me off a terrace (seated stand).

dont worry i'll still be here too, like my dad, grandad etc

Archived