IGNORED

Stephan Crainey?

Sargent Pepper

random thing for the paper to speculate on.

What are his appearances for B'pool this season? I thought Eardley was their first choice?

29 Apperances in the league i think ???

Hes there first choice left back.........

This seems pure paper talk and aload of rubbish.

:tumbleweed:

Just paper talk. Its now common knowledge we need a left back, he says hes going.

2+2 = a couple of easy column inches.

Although i suspect we would be interested as hes a freebe leftback as would alot of teams i suspect

Whether that interest is anymore than 1 of a number of names only time will tell.

Don't mess with Mirror Football, they are often spot on.

And try describe us as "flush" :/ clearly paper talk then!

Steve is flush but that doesn't mean we are as a club necessarily. Still there would be no fee to pay. Are we paying Stead and Pitman more than Blackpool were prepared to?

Are we paying Stead and Pitman more than Blackpool were prepared to?

I think the insinuation was that we are, but it says more about Blackpool than it does about us.

It's well documented that Blackpool have a £10K pw wage cap, as stated both Pitman and Stead were wanted by

Blackpool before they signed for City but both failed to agree personal terms with them.

It's entirely possible that we could again be offering more wages than Blackpool.

CR

The latest from the Mirror....

Blackpool left-back Stephen Crainey will open talks this week about joining ambitious Bristol City on a free transfer.

Crainey has rejected terms at the Seasiders, where he would have to take a large drop in salary, and is now clear to speak to their Championship rival Robins, who have made an official approach.

The Scotland international was hoping to stay in the Premier League, but wealthy City are offering a deal that is top-flight level and he looks set to sign shortly.

.... wealthy?

He's 30 though, or will be when the season starts, which doesn't fit with stated aim of lowering the age of the squad. We already have defenders the wrong side of 30 for people to complain about :)

Well, at least this one will be a free transfer and on no more money than the rest of the defenders I would think.

According to the Sunday Independent recently Keith had a call from Crainey's agent offering his services. Keith said he would think about it but the agent then went public; Keith was not impressed and that was that. Could be revived though I suppose.

According to the Sunday Independent recently Keith had a call from Crainey's agent offering his services. Keith said he would think about it but the agent then went public; Keith was not impressed and that was that. Could be revived though I suppose.

Interesting.

I thought it was possibly relevant that we rushed to deny interest in the Forest lad Joel Lynch but didn't ever do so in Crainey's case, however for all the flak he occasionally gets on here, Richard Latham knows far more about BCFC than those clowns at the Evening Post, so unless KM has had a change of heart that makes this one look unlikely.

thing is your damned if you do your damned if you don't,

You come out and say your not interested then fans moan that the club isn't moving fast enough or targets aren't good enough,

If you come out and say your interested then prices shoot up and other clubs become interested,

Johnson had it right by not saying anything as much as it narks of the fans it can stop paying over the odds and less likely other clubs become intersted,

Which is kinda why I think Teflon has come out and said he wants caulker and Spence back knowing we have no real chance of signing them, it keeps the fans quiet and hides his real targets,

imo anyway

Which is kinda why I think Teflon has come out and said he wants caulker and Spence back knowing we have no real chance of signing them, it keeps the fans quiet and hides his real targets,

imo anyway

If that's what KM is doing then he's a wise man - not a bad idea in my view

Much prefered the days of racing home from school and putting on ceefax page 312 and just reading the news. Much better than everyone being 'in the know' and pages of rumours on the net. Ahhhhh, the good old days!

Archived