IGNORED

Caulker At The Awards

dafarms

On Friday at the awards, I spoke to Caulker and asked him if he would be playing for us next season, he said that it is down to City if they want him, so you never know, he could be here next season. here's hopeing anyway.

Wilson, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Stewart and Carey........... well, they may not share the joy of Caulker's return.

Imo, Caulker is welcome on a one year loan or a contract with an escape clause. Caulker with Wilson/Fontaine as center backs would be very solid.

Seems odd, given that he knows perfectly well that we want him back. Keith has said so publicly more than once after all.

That's not an odd answer at all. I think its a polite answer that shows respect to the club. That answer shows that he doesn't see himself as being bigger than the club.

That's not an odd answer at all. I think its a polite answer that shows respect to the club. That answer shows that he doesn't see himself as being bigger than the club.

Perhaps, but to say if we want him when he knows we do? Perhaps the best way of being non-committal?

Perhaps, but to say if we want him when he knows we do? Perhaps the best way of being non-committal?

Yeah I see your point on that. Let's just wait and see. Sure would be the signing of decade! Come on lad, you know it makes sense.

Yeah I see your point on that. Let's just wait and see. Sure would be the signing of decade! Come on lad, you know it makes sense.

I suppose it gives us some hope, especially if Redknapp has a clear out. I'd still be surprised if he did not end up at a Prem club but :fingerscrossed:.

I suppose it gives us some hope, especially if Redknapp has a clear out. I'd still be surprised if he did not end up at a Prem club but :fingerscrossed:.

That will be the stumbling block as far as Caulker returning to City goes. Like you I fully expect him to be at one of the 'lower' PL clubs like Blackburn, Wolves, Everton or Villa next season. Moyes for example has a good record of playing youngsters.

No doubt that Caulker is a class act. When you think about it its amazing that at /1819 he adapted to the Championship as if he'd been there for 10 season's. I sure he'd adapt to the PL with the same ease.

Disapointing though it will be, I can't see him being at City next season.

I hope I'm wrong.

On Friday at the awards, I spoke to Caulker and asked him if he would be playing for us next season, he said that it is down to City if they want him, so you never know, he could be here next season. here's hopeing anyway.

The word I have been told a couple of weeks ago as I have said previously in posts.maynard wants to play in the prem. Next season.the club want to try and do a deal with spurs regards maynard and caulker plus cash.

This would be a good deal for all concerned,

Is Maynard good enough to ply his trade in the Premier League time will tell.

Caulker doesn't want to come back here! Every interview he has been asked if he's coming back next year and he always smiles, has a nervous laugh and says "but seriously I'm just concentrating on getting fit/getting experience/England u-21's."

He's not stupid enough to say "no, I think I can play at a higher level" in case no Prem team wants him.

He's hardly said "I enjoyed my time here, I would like to come back if the opportunity arises"

That will be the stumbling block as far as Caulker returning to City goes. Like you I fully expect him to be at one of the 'lower' PL clubs like Blackburn, Wolves, Everton or Villa next season. Moyes for example has a good record of playing youngsters.

No doubt that Caulker is a class act. When you think about it its amazing that at /1819 he adapted to the Championship as if he'd been there for 10 season's. I sure he'd adapt to the PL with the same ease.

Disapointing though it will be, I can't see him being at City next season.

I hope I'm wrong.

Everton are not a lower prem club.

He's hardly said "I enjoyed my time here, I would like to come back if the opportunity arises"

He did according to the BEP;

Caulker said: "I have really enjoyed my time at City and I would love to be back again next season.

"The fans have been fantastic and I really appreciate their support."

He did according to the BEP;

Caulker said: "I have really enjoyed my time at City and I would love to be back again next season.

"The fans have been fantastic and I really appreciate their support."

Hi guys if i was a betting person you will be the only club he will join if he does not progress to the prem conducts his self as a true proffesional.

Richard Latham in the Sunday Independent today reckons it would be a couple of months before any decision would be likely on Caulker and Spence. Personally I don't think we can afford to wait and hope, possibly misssing out on other options in the meantime, perhaps only to find we get neither of them.

Couple of things. If, as mentioned previously, Caulker is going to have his operation after he Under 21 tournament then he will need to recuperate before a Premier League side take him on. So his Premier League expectations might be delayed by one year giving a window for City to have him for another season.

The Maynard swap sounds plausible as well - a swap with low valuations (probably still with City getting a couple of million) does help with reducing the amount due to Crewe. No doubt there would be a release fee price inserted in his contract at which SC would be allowed to be transferred if a Premier League club came in.

Both scenarios probably won't happen but I wouldn't dismiss either of them completely.

Couple of things. If, as mentioned previously, Caulker is going to have his operation after he Under 21 tournament then he will need to recuperate before a Premier League side take him on. So his Premier League expectations might be delayed by one year giving a window for City to have him for another season.

The Maynard swap sounds plausible as well - a swap with low valuations (probably still with City getting a couple of million) does help with reducing the amount due to Crewe. No doubt there would be a release fee price inserted in his contract at which SC would be allowed to be transferred if a Premier League club came in.

Both scenarios probably won't happen but I wouldn't dismiss either of them completely.

A key factor in Caulker's season will be whether Spurs are in the Europa League. If they are, it's likely that he will be involved in these games as well as the League Cup. Harry will be desperate to compete for the top 4 and could copy Liverpool in using the Europa League to blood a lot of his promising players (Naughton, Walker, Caulker, Rose etc) whilst keeping his big players fresh. They ran out of steam because their proper first team squad was too small and this caught up with them in the end. Manure won the league as they have a squad of about 30 who he is happy to play.

A key factor in Caulker's season will be whether Spurs are in the Europa League. If they are, it's likely that he will be involved in these games as well as the League Cup. Harry will be desperate to compete for the top 4 and could copy Liverpool in using the Europa League to blood a lot of his promising players (Naughton, Walker, Caulker, Rose etc) whilst keeping his big players fresh. They ran out of steam because their proper first team squad was too small and this caught up with them in the end. Manure won the league as they have a squad of about 30 who he is happy to play.

On the other hand he has made it known there will be a clear out and referred to players who had been out on loan. It appears he wants to reduce the number but increase the quality of players he has. Much like Keith in fact. For instance neither Hutton or Corluka has impressed but he has still got rid of Gunter and farmed Naughton and Walker out which suggests he doesn't rate them. Let's hope he feels the same about Caulker.

Caulker is class and can/will play in the premier league one day, however at 19 it is not likely too many clubs outside of Blackpool/Wigan would be prepared to take that kind of risk for some considerable time after his arrival.

While I am a big preponent of if you are good enough your old enough most managers at prem level will take a far more risk aversed attitude until their hand is forced by suspension of injury!

Maybe I'm a bit to hopeful but a year here with good players pushing (prey to god) for promotion making the first team regularly is not a bad option for him and Spurs.

On the other hand he has made it known there will be a clear out and referred to players who had been out on loan. It appears he wants to reduce the number but increase the quality of players he has. Much like Keith in fact. For instance neither Hutton or Corluka has impressed but he has still got rid of Gunter and farmed Naughton and Walker out which suggests he doesn't rate them. Let's hope he feels the same about Caulker.

He means the likes of Bentley and Dos Santos who are not needed plus his collection of injury prone centre halves.

Dont count out the possibilty of Sol Campbell being at Ashton Gate next season. Being released by Newcastle United at the end of this season, Good friend of Jamo's in the England & Portsmouth team.

God i hope not, he is finished. Looked terrible for Newcastle in every game i've seen him. Lost his legs now.

Dont count out the possibilty of Sol Campbell being at Ashton Gate next season. Being released by Newcastle United at the end of this season, Good friend of Jamo's in the England & Portsmouth team.

Me and my mate were thinking which England rejects we could sign. Didnt think of him :closedeyes: PLEASE NO !!!!!!!!!!!

I've counted out the possibility.

36 yrs old, will want huge wages, only started 4 league games in a year, unfit and a bit of a cock.

completely the wrong profile when you look at the type of player Millen signs.

I've counted out the possibility.

36 yrs old, will want huge wages, only started 4 league games in a year, unfit and a bit of a cock.

completely the wrong profile when you look at the type of player Millen signs.

Would beg the question why we gave Carey another year.

Archived