IGNORED

The New Patrick Vieira

from the Football Transfer Rumours site

16 May 2011 07:50:49

Bristol City manager K. Millen is set to re-sign former player Clayton Fortune after being tipped off by ex City legen Brian Tinnion that Fortune is the new Patrick Vieira. Expect to see CF anchor the BCFC midfield next year.

I have heard Clayton Fortune called many things but the new Patrick Vieira? Never

from the Football Transfer Rumours sit

Bristol City manager K. Millen is set to re-sign former player Clayton Fortune after being tipped off by ex City legen Brian Tinnion that Fortune is the new Patrick Vieira. Expect to see CF anchor the BCFC midfield next year.

rofl2br.gif

Clayton Fortune has spent his career since leaving City in the lower leagues and become a journeyman. Port Vale, Orient and Aldershot Town. He's made 108 appearances in the football league in 11 years. 53 of those at City. He was even at Weston -S- Mare for a while.

I doubt he's even the new Clayton Fortune, never mind Patrick Viera.

Despite what's been said here, he actually had some talent. What he didn't have was ambition, courage, competitiveness, aggression or professionalism, which is a bit if a drawback if you want to make a career in the game. Just one of literally scores of players we could all think of who had ability but not the strength of character to make something of it. A waste - and a waster.

Pretty sure i saw him pissed off his face alone in a kebab shop near syndicate a few months ago... Maybe he popped out to get sometime while looking for property in the area?!

I have seen him a few times in M'bargo's on park street on nights out with some lovely looking women, the phrase *i use to play for Bristol City' must go down quite well!!!

I doubt he's even the new Clayton Fortune, never mind Patrick Viera.

Despite what's been said here, he actually had some talent. What he didn't have was ambition, courage, competitiveness,

aggression or professionalism, which is a bit

if a drawback if you want to make a career

in the game. Just one of literally scores of

players we could all think of who had ability

but not the strength of character to make

something of it. A waste - and a waster.

Not for the first time very nicely summed up by CC

Archived