IGNORED

Evander Sno

Superjack

Apologies to all if this is "old hat".

I have had laptop failure for months, so have had a long time away from OTIB.

Just before my laptop decided it didn't want to play anymore there was a thread from DollyMarie, who was putting together a 'Get Well Soon' card for Evander Sno following his heart attack, from OTIB City fans. As I recall she collated all the good wishes from this thread and wrote them on a card which she then sent off to Ajax.

As my access to OTIB was then cut off, I was just wondering if DollyMarie (or anyone else) could tell me if there was ever any clarification that Evander had received these messages.

Maybe not massively important in the scheme of things, but as someone who contributed I would be happy to know if he knew we were thinking of him.

Thanks. :)

Apologies to all if this is "old hat".

I have had laptop failure for months, so have had a long time away from OTIB.

Just before my laptop decided it didn't want to play anymore there was a thread from DollyMarie, who was putting together a 'Get Well Soon' card for Evander Sno following his heart attack, from OTIB City fans. As I recall she collated all the good wishes from this thread and wrote them on a card which she then sent off to Ajax.

As my access to OTIB was then cut off, I was just wondering if DollyMarie (or anyone else) could tell me if there was ever any clarification that Evander had received these messages.

Maybe not massively important in the scheme of things, but as someone who contributed I would be happy to know if he knew we were thinking of him.

Thanks. :)

yea he did i can remember dolly posting that she had sent the card n stuff

Thats a bit miserable on Sno's part.

that is a bit miserable, a little note or something to acknowledge it would have been nice, although I am sure he has had other things on his mind.

Edit - I just checked, and it looks like his contract is up at ajax this summer, I wonder what will become of him?

I didnt get a reply no, but as I sent it recorded (or the european equivalent) then I was able to track it, and I can assure you it made it safely to its destination.

Thanks Dolly. Shame you didn't get a reply, but great work as always! :clapping:

Thought that too....!

I'm sure I read (must have been on here) that someone (Dolls I guess) had received a thank you, obviously not

Maybe you're thinking of the thread that was on here that I then copied and pasted and made into the card that got sent, someone had emailed Ajax and got a reply.

Perhaps.

Or perhaps he was just recovering from a massive heart attack and trying to get to grips with the fact that his professional career may had just ended?

He also possibly recieved a shed load of cards/flower/get well notes and couldnt of possibly responded to everyone single one. Added to the fact sending Dame Dolly a response was hardly high on his list of priorities after having a heart attack at the age of 23!

Why would anyone expect a response in the circumstances? :tumbleweed:

In the aftermath of the death of an infant or a near fatal heart attack, I think it's a bit much to expect a reply, especially from a public figure who likely had a shed load of mail from well wishers!

Maybe, but the guy has an agent who surely could have oversseen a few dozen thankyou notes. Most of his well wishers would probably have been local people, and fans of his club, so a general thankyou in the local press would have sufficed, but you would have thought oversees well wishers would have been acknowledged.Or do the agents only surface when there is a transfer in the pipeline??

Archived