IGNORED

The 92 Club

westred1

I was looking around for sites to see how many grounds that I have visited during my time supporting City and being a football fan and I came across this:

In October 1974, a Bristol City fan wrote to the Football League Review and suggested that a tie be produced for any supporter who had completed visits to all 92 Football League grounds. This is the first known suggestion for any bringing together of such supporters.

Ninetytwoclub.org.uk

Just wondering if anyone has completed the challenge and how many grounds people have visited whilst watching football?

I'm just in the middle of counting mine!

Done them all, all watching football games, sadly had to watch some prem ones to finish, also some dire basement rubbish had to be endured. I do have some new ones to do next season, although i may decide to hang my boots up and go train spotting instead....

I finished this season on 90 out of 92. I had Lincoln and Bury left. However for next season i'll be back down to 88 as will have Brighton, Bury, Crawley plus either Luton (have been to a friendly there but not counting that) or Wimbledon. The end of this season i clocked up about 8 grounds in about 8 weeks, Rochdale, Morecambe, Hereford, Torquay, Port Vale, Accrington, Rotherham, Cheltenham, Bradford.

If you include the time when clubs had to be elected to the FL then I have done all 92 with BCFC.

Since then with all the new grounds & promotion from the conference, I am back down to 85 (7 clubs that I have never visited), just missing Accrington Stanley, Barnet, Burton Albion, Dagenham & Redbridge, Macclesfield Town, Morecambe Town & Stevenage Borough.

Think there should be levels of the 92 Club: (eg: Gold - all with 1 club, Silver - 60% with 1 club, Bronze - with any club).

BCAGFC

Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Doncaster, Watford, QPR, Millwall, Yeovil, Port Vale, Stoke, Southend, Exeter, Hereford, Preston, Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, AG, Memorial, Barnsley, Emirates, White Hart Lane.

23 so far to my reckoning.

AS mentioned earlier, I followed City at most away games during our demise from top to bottom so did alot of grounds. Unfortunately with new grounds and different clubs entering the league, what was 88 has now dropped to 79. I doubt I will ever finish it but massive respect to those that do!

I was trying to do it by seeing City at every ground but it's impossible IMHO.

Very impressive peoples.

At a guess I have probably done about 30. Pretty paltry compared to most but then again it only tells part of the story since a lot of my supporting days were when we were in the bargain basement and i went back more than once to several grounds but then again so have most of all of us no doubt.

I once played in a 20k stadium here in Havana.. about 12 years ago. It was an England 11 v Cuba.. we got played off the park and lost 3-1; i think they let up in the second half. We even had dignitaries there and the two national anthems and a line up where we all had to shake hands with the brass. Funny that was. What a rag bag bunch we were and we could not even field a full English 11 so had to sneak in a couple of Dutch chaps.. don't tell anyone though or they will call the game void and ask for a re-match! Sod that for a game of soldiers.

I've only started going away properly since March 2010, since i've been able to drive really down to AG from where I live in Glouestershire, and i've reached 32 now.

Just wondering what people count, does it need to be a home first team game or does everyone have their own rules?

Because if not I could add Aldershot (friendly), Exeter (friendly), Arsenal (scotland v. Brazil friendly) and Bristol Rovers (Glos Cup), which would take me to the dizzy heights of 36!

My current total is 44 of the 92. Although have been to the old grounds of Colchester, MK Dons, Rotherham, Cardiff. Looking forward to new grounds next season - Brighton, West Ham and then hopefully Wigan and Huddersfield. Would love to get to 92 one day but don't think it will ever happen!

Of next season's 92 league grounds, I've seen City play on 59. Was on 61 a couple of weeks ago but have now lost Stockport, and Brighton are moving to a new ground next year.

Also, I can't cound Kingsmeadow as I had to miss the Kingstonian replay in 2001, although under the 92 club rules I believe Kingsmeadow will only count from next season if you've seen AFC Wimbledon play there.

Have been to a further 7 of the 92 to see England or as a neutral, and have also seen City at a few grounds which no longer exist (Manor Ground, Filbert Street, Burnden Park, Layer Road to name a few) or which are now non-league (Rushden, Cambridge, Wrexham, Luton, Boston).

Overall, have done 82 different grounds in this country and a fair few more overseas with England.

Done them all, all watching football games, sadly had to watch some prem ones to finish, also some dire basement rubbish had to be endured. I do have some new ones to do next season, although i may decide to hang my boots up and go train spotting instead....

Very impressive Awaydays, especially as I can only claim about 30.

Which ground was your favourite (apart from AG of course) ??

For me, it has to be The Emirates Stadium. Awesome. Most countries in the World would be proud to have that as a National Stadium.

Boston were in the League for just a few years and City has one game there in the League Cup. It's only 25 miles from P'boro' but I couldn't make it that night. I think only 200 City fans attended, so that's a rare ground. I did however make it to Rushden for our only League game there. In total I've only been to 36 grounds and not all with City eg Torquay v Rochdale (Iwas on holiday) and Cambs U v Wrexham ( I had a Welsh room mate)

Boston were in the League for just a few years and City has one game there in the League Cup. It's only 25 miles from P'boro' but I couldn't make it that night. I think only 200 City fans attended, so that's a rare ground. I did however make it to Rushden for our only League game there. In total I've only been to 36 grounds and not all with City eg Torquay v Rochdale (Iwas on holiday) and Cambs U v Wrexham ( I had a Welsh room mate)

The Boston game (November 2002) was in the LDV trophy, the season that City won it beating Carlisle in the final in Cardiff.

As you say, it was a very rare ground, if memory serves only about 150 City fans were at York Street that night. Same goes for the Barnet game a couple of years later (also in the LDV).

The Boston game (November 2002) was in the LDV trophy, the season that City won it beating Carlisle in the final in Cardiff.

As you say, it was a very rare ground, if memory serves only about 150 City fans were at York Street that night. Same goes for the Barnet game a couple of years later (also in the LDV).

I was at both of those games.

I have been to 127 grounds (including old grounds and now non league clubs) with City.

82 of the current 92 with City

Dont think I will ever be able to complete the 92 with City - so I might have to do the other 10 as a neutral

I have been to 127 grounds (including old grounds and now non league clubs) with City.

Dont think I will ever be able to complete the 92 with City - so I might have to do the other 10 as a neutral

82 of the current 92 is impressive, in fact it must be very close to the highest possible number given there are quite a few grounds City haven't played at (yet).

Out of interest, what are the 10 you're missing?

I'm guessing Man City, MK Dons, Arsenal, Accrington, Morecambe, Stevenage, Chesterfield and Oxford have to be on the list.

I'm hoping Blackburn go down today (unlikely, but you never know), to give me one extra new ground next season.

That is 82 of the current 92 CLUBS - as Man City, Colchester, Shrewsbury, Chesterfield, Brighton & maybe more.. all have new grounds since we last played them

Archived