IGNORED

Wimbledon - Promoted Back To Football League

Congratulations to AFC Wimbledon on their play off victory and the regaining of their league status, after the authorities cruelly allowed the 'franchise' to be passed on to an invented club who were then just allowed into the football league without having earned that right. Only one league divides them now and I hope Wimbledon overtake them in the next couple of years.

Congratulations to AFC Wimbledon on their play off victory and the regaining of their league status, after the authorities cruelly allowed the 'franchise' to be passed on to an invented club who were then just allowed into the football league without having earned that right. Only one league divides them now and I hope Wimbledon overtake them in the next couple of years.

Just about to post about this, congratulations to the real Dons and I'm sure football fans up and down the country will be deligted to see them return to the football league. That FA should hang their heads in shame for what they allowed to happen, hope to see them overtake that pile of shit Franchise FC sometime soon.

Couldn't care less about AFC Wimbledon! Wimbledon were a horrible club associated with horrible people.

They cry and moan just as much as FC United!

EDIT: Although their rise from counties league to league football in 9 years is a remarkable achievement.

As a former Wimbledon season ticket holder I am delighted that they are back in the football league.

They were a well run club, with great loyal supporters who were destoryed by the FA.

Hope one day they can overtake the MK Dons.....who should now CHANGE THEIR NAME.....

THERE ARE ONLY 1 DONS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE NOW.

+1

I wonder how many old wimbledon went over to follow MK Dons,and now want to come back to there old club i know what id say to them.fairplay to the faithful that stuck by their club.................

Next to NO WImbledon fans went over to the MK Dons.

I certainly didnt.

I'm wondering, if something disastrous happened to City, for example the club spending way beyond their means season after season and we had a rich benefactor who walked away and left us with 12million losses every year to find, would Bristol City be reborn in a similar way if it went out of existence, I can see there are many fans around the country who have fallen out of love with their club and would almost certainly want to see their club restarted again, however small.

I know FC United was born out of frustration and Wimbledon were forced into it, is their a will in Bristol to do the same. Surely we all know people who just dont go anymore because it's too expensive, atmosphere is crap etc.

I'm wondering, if something disastrous happened to City, for example the club spending way beyond their means season after season and we had a rich benefactor who walked away and left us with 12million losses every year to find, would Bristol City be reborn in a similar way if it went out of existence, I can see there are many fans around the country who have fallen out of love with their club and would almost certainly want to see their club restarted again, however small.

I know FC United was born out of frustration and Wimbledon were forced into it, is their a will in Bristol to do the same. Surely we all know people who just dont go anymore because it's too expensive, atmosphere is crap etc.

Simple answer is YES.

If Wimbledon can do it (they have a much smaller fanbase then people realise) then City certainly could.

Chester City reformed as Chester FC after going bust, luckly because the council owned The Deva they were given the lease of it and continue to get 2'000+ crowds in the Northern Premier League Division One North. They won promotion and will start next season in the Northern Premier League Premier Division (Level 7)

Chester City reformed as Chester FC after going bust, luckly because the council owned The Deva they were given the lease of it and continue to get 2'000+ crowds in the Northern Premier League Division One North. They won promotion and will start next season in the Northern Premier League Premier Division (Level 7)

Aldershot were another side i think who after going bust had to climb quite a few leagues to get back to Pro football.

Another massive fixture for the Blue few to look forward to.

When the fixtures come out on June 17th it will hit home just how low they have sunk!

West Ham home for us Crawley/Wimbledon away will make it sink home to them i think, please Mr Computer fixture list sort this out. Oh and also a home game on Boxing day please and Brighton & Southampton away when its still hot, cheers. And Blackpool as well if they come down.

Same as the majority TBH, although I didn't like the football Wimbledon played in Vinny Jones and Fashanu's day, their supporters were treated abysmally when Enckleman came calling.

I am really pleased that the real Dons are back in the league and let's hope they can draw MKD away in the JPT next season, I for one would like to go to that one!

Well done Wombles. :clapping: :clapping:

Well done AFC Wimbledon, brilliant acheivement. Please overtake the Mongs ASAP. Feel sorry for Lu'on though, being beat by a moneybags side, and by a side more screwed by the FL worse they have been.

I reckon League 2 should have three relegations and the Conference 2 auto & 1 play off winner, promoted, same as the rest of the league.

Simple answer is YES.

If Wimbledon can do it (they have a much smaller fanbase then people realise) then City certainly could.

Actually I am of the view that most people realised they had/have a small fan base; when they were in the prem they had by far the smallest crowds. The actual size though is not important here; what is important is that they have demonstrated, for a second time, that they have a huge will and ability to rise up through the leagues. They are a phenomenon the likes of which we see only rarely. 5 promotions in 9 seasons is a remarkable achievement and who would bet against them making it 6 in 10.

Wimbledon FC is dead, thank god.

Long live the underdogs - MK Dons

and Kingstonians, who lost their ground to the poor mans Chelskis.

What MK Dons (Wimbledon) move from a ground with no support, build a new stadium in Round a bout world to get more fans, yes AFC Wimbledon are underdogs. Stoke play like Wimbledon, Bolton did until there recent manager are you as drunk as me.?

Agree 100% with all of this, long may their rise continue. The pride their fans feel must be unbelievable, the same pride MK C ** t and their fans can never have in their excuse for a Club.

What MK Dons (Wimbledon) move from a ground with no support, build a new stadium in Round a bout world to get more fans, yes AFC Wimbledon are underdogs. Stoke play like Wimbledon, Bolton did until there recent manager are you as drunk as me.?

Ending up in Milton Keynes was probably the best thing from a business perspective if Dublin was not possible. Ok, you can feel sorry for the fans being "hijacked" but you can't blame todays owners of MK Dons and their players. They are doing very well although everyone is against them so they get my vote. Kingstonians also lost their ground to the money men.

The English game is more or less dead and the only thing to be missed is the attitude.

Doing my best to get pissed :)

Archived