IGNORED

Wimbledon - Promoted Back To Football League

Ending up in Milton Keynes was probably the best thing when Dublin was not possible. Ok, you can feel sorry for the fans being "hijacked" but you can't blame todays owners of MK Dons and their players. They are doing very well although everyone is against them so they get my vote. Kingstonians also lost their ground to the money men.

The English game is more or less dead and the only thing to be missed is the attitude.

Doing my best to get pissed :)

Ok because it's the best thing for Bristol City we need to move where we can get more support, you are drunk.

Wimbledon FC is dead, thank god.

Long live the underdogs - MK Dons

and Kingstonians, who lost their ground to the poor mans Chelskis.

Perhaps it might be a good idea if you check your facts before making such comments and rather childish ones at that.

In actual fact Kingsmeadow was purchased by AFC Wimbledon Supporters Trust for the sole purpose of securing the ground for the exclusive use of BOTH clubs since Kingstonian had fallen on hard times, lost the ground to Administrators and then asset strippers and desperately needed cash. Part of the arrangement is for the tenant to pay only a nominal rent per annum. And even that nominal rent is paid for by AFC agreeing to play Kingstonian once a year in the Trevor Jones Memorial Trophy.

One might say, with some level of confidence, and contrary to your remark, that AFC saved Kingstonian from having to find another ground, possibly with far smaller capacity and with the obvious result of piling even more pressure on their perilous financial state at that time.

Ok because it's the best thing for Bristol City we need to move where we can get more support, you are drunk.

We are already in the best possible place! I'm not defending what they did but what happened happened and has nothing to do with MK Dons of today.

What's the attraction of AFC Wimbledon rising by wallet?

The true fans are the ones following them at MK Dons. If Bristol City moved to Cardiff it would still be our club.

What?, different country that?, Somerset, new ground is with the boundries North Somerst i think or on the brink, what is in your drink, South Bristol, but Aston Vale/Long Ashton/is City terriority Full stop, the scum are alreadey training in South Bristol training at the Imperial ground, **** them of back to Filton, even better Bath.

Congratulations to AFC Wimbledon on their play off victory and the regaining of their league status, after the authorities cruelly allowed the 'franchise' to be passed on to an invented club who were then just allowed into the football league without having earned that right. Only one league divides them now and I hope Wimbledon overtake them in the next couple of years.

Amazing that there is only one league now between them and Franchise FC. Very pleased to see them back in the league and congratulations are also in order for former Bath striker Kaid Mohamed who joined them 10 games ago, scored 5 or 6 goals and helped get them up. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the league and I personally think he will do very well.

The true fans are the ones following them at MK Dons. If Bristol City moved to Cardiff it would still be our club.

Couldn't disagree more. The real fans watch Wimbledon on a Saturday. It was a disgraceful decision by the FA to allow the move and the club was lost the day they moved to MK. Just glad a few fans had the passion and commitment to start up a new team that embodied the spirit of the club that was ripped out of it from the move 70 miles north.

Wimbledon FC is dead, thank god.

Long live the underdogs - MK Dons

and Kingstonians, who lost their ground to the poor mans Chelskis.

I haven't met any neutral Football fan to share your views..

AFC Wimbledon have been averaging 3000+ attendances over the last 9 years from the very bottom of the football ladder, they have risen to a more suitable level in a far, far less superficial manner than Crawley have. They have, tbf, been aided by the fact non-league players have been attracted to them due to the opportunity to play regularly in front of 3000+ people but there is no sugar daddy.

As they've risen through the leagues many Club's have doubled or tripled their yearly incomes as they've played host to 1000+ travelling supporters paying hugely inflated admission fees, incidentally.

I forecast things getting trickier from here as they compete with Clubs of a more similar size, Wigan Athletic they are not.

But good luck to them after the despicable way they were treated, an old friend of mine was a Wimbledon nut an I was up there a lot protesting at the time so I'm delighted.

ps/ Kingsholm is still respectfully decked out in red and has not been changed to yellow and blue, I believe relations between the two are amicable and I also believe there is ambition to move AFCW back to Wimbledon where they bloody well belong.

Twentyfive years and we will be paid to fly in to a small Chinese town twenty times the size of Bristol to keep the atmosphere up at Citys homegames.

From what I have heard it will be free real ale on the flights :shutup:

The brand Premier league, already they have been saying the Commuinty Shield aboard, you are mad or drunk to think Bristol City will move from Bristol, England as a FA with the Prem SUPPORTS 92 PRO CLUBS and for the last 5-10 years they have been saying this is impossible, still happening and the lowest league side Accrington still get 2,500 a week grounds, play-offs this week more.

Amazing. What a ridiculous comment. The true fans are obviously the fans that have followed them through this astonishing rise. I genuinely don't understand how anyone can come to the conclusion you've made unless they have their facts muddled.

Congratulations to AFC Wimbledon on their play off victory and the regaining of their league status, after the authorities cruelly allowed the 'franchise' to be passed on to an invented club who were then just allowed into the football league without having earned that right. Only one league divides them now and I hope Wimbledon overtake them in the next couple of years.

Just this.

That is all.

Congrats also to A.F.C. Wimbledon. Let's hope they don't play like Wimbledon used to though, bloody awful "football".

January 1992 first division Wimbledon visited for the F.A. Cup third round. Their John Fashanu was everywhere and scored in the first half. Wimbledon had six players at the back, four in attack and no midfield and it was beating City who could only attack twice in the first half. In the second half they only managed one and that was in the final minute. Wayne Allison knocked the ball forward and a panicking defender put the ball past his own keeper to the relief of 12,000 spectators. In the replay at Wimbledon. Andy May scored the only goal to earn a trip to Leicester.

But that's in the past good luck to AFC (except when they come up against City).

If Bristol City was bought by a Welshman, moved to Cardiff, renamned to Bristol Pissheads FC playing in blue and white our first thought

would not exactly be; -Hey, that's just a franchise thing now let's start a new club :nono:

We would still support the team as Bristol City FC turning up in red and white and we would try to get our club back praying%20smiley.gif

Cant say im bothered tbf

For all the talk of welcoming back the Dons. They arent the same club are only 9 years old and cant be welcomed back to somewhere they have never been before

Their fans have a holier than thou attitude like its their divine right to be in the league much as FC United and it isnt good for the game, at all. They are the scourge of Non league for their attitude. So now they have made it perhaps they will shut up and get on with it

As much bile as people throw at Franchise FC, thats where the Wimbledon as was, team now resides and play, their history is with them, not this new outfit who happen to share a similar name to the old one

Its not a great day for football. Its just sad

blimey, I've read some uneducated rubbish on this thread.

AFC Wimbledon have taken over the history of the old Wimbledon FC, following discussions with MK Dons and fans feeling against the club, the relinquished all history and past ties to the Wimbledon FC club, AFC Wimbledon have all their old trophies and FA Cup replica's.

For all effective purposes they are Wimbledon.

As for people referencing money, they are a club without any big money investors and are owned by the fans trust, the reason why they have been succesful and had a good fininical foothold is due to the amount of fans they get through the gates on a matchday being massive in comparsion to anything else at the lower leagues they have been playing, they are nothing like Crawley or Rushden who relied on big money chairmen.

Likewise Kingstonian had their ground saved by AFC who now get to play in their "home" for effectively nothing.

Personally speaking I'd love to see more clubs own and run in the manner of AFC Wimbledon especially in the lower divisions.

Congratulations to them for Reaching the Football League and Credit to the Fans trust for getting them to this level,

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go up again next season. Can see them being firmly established within between league 1&2 in years to come.

blimey, I've read some uneducated rubbish on this thread.

AFC Wimbledon have taken over the history of the old Wimbledon FC, following discussions with MK Dons and fans feeling against the club, the relinquished all history and past ties to the Wimbledon FC club, AFC Wimbledon have all their old trophies and FA Cup replica's.

For all effective purposes they are Wimbledon.

As for people referencing money, they are a club without any big money investors and are owned by the fans trust, the reason why they have been succesful and had a good fininical foothold is due to the amount of fans they get through the gates on a matchday being massive in comparsion to anything else at the lower leagues they have been playing, they are nothing like Crawley or Rushden who relied on big money chairmen.

Likewise Kingstonian had their ground saved by AFC who now get to play in their "home" for effectively nothing.

Personally speaking I'd love to see more clubs own and run in the manner of AFC Wimbledon especially in the lower divisions.

Congratulations to them for Reaching the Football League and Credit to the Fans trust for getting them to this level,

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go up again next season. Can see them being firmly established within between league 1&2 in years to come.

Nonsence. If I bought Nobby Styles 1966 medal and had a similar agreement with him I trust you will see me as a World Cup hero.

So they have trophies and what not? Its a name nothing more nothing less they could have been called AFC MindTheGap for all that it matters

They arent the same club, and never will be. Sharing a name and whatnot is not the same as being there. I think the technical term is 'Palimpsest'. Whereby a history that never was was written over a document of truth that preceeded it ( originally relates to biblical times where papyrus was in short supply and thus things were overwritten instead of using new documents. Muddling and erasing the past)

But you know dont let that get in the way of the price of cheese.

All effective purposes? Puhlease,

As said talk to some non league fans, they are largely despised because of their Billy Big Balls attitude to things. Calling every ground under the sun Poxy Holes and generally turning your nose up because they are somehow superior. It is not the way to endear yourself to the footballing fraternity.

But yeah its all romantic because lil Wimbledon Mark2 are on the rise. People hated Wimbledon originally if they are genuinely honest about it , and will probably hate this new club.

Romance my arse

What you've just described is every football club that ever existed. At the end of the day, the only thing remaining is the name!

Over the course of 140 years, fans have come and gone, players come and gone, chairmen and directors have come and gone, the stadiums have changed, clubs have moved, but the one thing that remains is the name. (and in some cases even that's changed!!!)

So to all intents and purposes, the AFC Wimbledon of today is still the reall Wimbledon.

So they have trophies and what not? Its a name nothing more nothing less they could have been called AFC MindTheGap for all that it matters

They arent the same club, and never will be. Sharing a name and whatnot is not the same as being there. I think the technical term is 'Palimpsest'. Whereby a history that never was was written over a document of truth that preceeded it ( originally relates to biblical times where papyrus was in short supply and thus things were overwritten instead of using new documents. Muddling and erasing the past)

But you know dont let that get in the way of the price of cheese.

All effective purposes? Puhlease,

As said talk to some non league fans, they are largely despised because of their Billy Big Balls attitude to things. Calling every ground under the sun Poxy Holes and generally turning your nose up because they are somehow superior. It is not the way to endear yourself to the footballing fraternity.

But yeah its all romantic because lil Wimbledon Mark2 are on the rise. People hated Wimbledon originally if they are genuinely honest about it , and will probably hate this new club.

Romance my arse

Of course they are not liked by other non-league clubs, their fans have been used to travelling to the likes of Old Trafford and Anfield and now suddenly due to no fault of their's they were travelling to the likes of Hornchurch and St Albans, your bound to not like the surroundings you now find themselves in,

There is also going to be jealousy from other clubs due to their fan base, when most clubs were getting 200-300, they would be getting 3-4k, However you didn't see other clubs complaining when they would be getting an massive attendances and big income when AFC are in town.

As far as their fans are concerned they are back in the league after a 9 year absence, can they recreate the history back from when their where in the Prem, I doubt it but they will give it a go.

To compare their on the field attitude to the old crazy game is unfair as they have different styles now, today AFC are all about youth team development and fair play and have won their leagues fair play awards 3 times in the last few seasons.

Perhaps one day MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon can merge by the latter buying the former and again take the name Wimbledon FC.

You can't agree on taking over another clubs history.

MK Dons long ago reliquished any claim to anything achieved by Wimbledon FC, MK Dons have NO history and themselves were only formed in 2004.

Money in lower leagues talks as well, Crawley?, why did they piss the league so easy offering big money to players, Wimbledon have done the same, nice to see but it was not done on a shoe string budget.

Really.? As far as i am aware the club is run by volunteers and have already stated that next year they will have the lowest playing budget in the league.

Sounds like a shoestring to me.

Really.? As far as i am aware the club is run by volunteers and have already stated that next year they will have the lowest playing budget in the league.

Sounds like a shoestring to me.

But they have a good following for an (ex) non-league side, alot of there revenue came from ticket sales.

MK Dons long ago reliquished any claim to anything achieved by Wimbledon FC, MK Dons have NO history and themselves were only formed in 2004.

The link is still there between Wimbledon FC and MK Dons may it only be the registration number of the company.

Why did the Wimbledon fans give up their club just because it moved to Milton Keynes?

A football club don't suddenly become a franchise thing you just can ignore.

Well done AFC Wimbledon.. A truly amazing achievement by those who reformed their club.

Ps does Andre Blackman still play for them?

He does indeed.

As a p/t AFC fan, I celebrated yesterday with a restrained 7 pints and two double whiskies. blushing.gif

Most football fans will be delighted to see a genuinely fan-run club join the league. A superb effort - had it not been for Crawley's mystery millions we'd have gone up automatically.

Archived