IGNORED

Q. P. R. Season Tickets

Nogbad the Bad

City probably wouldn't go to this extreme ( who knows?) but the price to watch City in the top league would surely go up significantly.

Those who hanker for City to be part of the PL might want to look at what QPR have announced today and consider what might be the practical reality of promotion.

http://www.guardian....r-ticket-prices

Season tickets up by 40% and match day prices almost £50 per match MINIMUM?dunno.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gifnono.gif

This shows why we need the new stadium. QPR have a capacity of about 18500 , so they are trying to maximise revenue. I'd like to think City would be a bit more realistic if we got promoted whilst still at AG , but with 30000 at AV it would make more sense to keep the prices sensible and sell the ground out every game.

That is a total disgrace, especially in such a recession.

Every QPR fan should boycott their games until they reduce the prices to something more realistic.

Like that's gonna happen back in the Prem first time in 15 years! they've done it because they know people will pay it, personally I think it's taking the mick out of genuine fans.

There are many reasons why the season ticket prices could actually go down and not up; this has been discussed many times before. Prime examples are going to Blackburn and Wigan, for example, in which prices are on a par with ours or even less.

What is more lets face it, QPR is a bit of a basket case and its a London club.

I have no worries, with our owner and board, that we would have such a machiavellian approach.

At the end of the day that is bloody outragous. I could never justify that cost to my family for a football match. As much as I love City if it was us that would excede my cut off point. A home match now costs me about 75 quid. A good enough reason to be an established championship side for me.:unsure:

Like that's gonna happen back in the Prem first time in 15 years! they've done it because they know people will pay it, personally I think it's taking the mick out of genuine fans.

I know it's not going to happen...the average football fan in this country is a Lemming and does exactly as he's told.

They'll still turn up, pay whatever, and struggle to pay for lifes nessesities, and go without. But hey they can rejoice in the fact that most of their team earn more in two weeks than they do in a year, and that their owners wouldn't even piss on 'em if they were on fire. Misguided loyalty in my book...

If this happened in Europe, the fans wouldn't just complain on forums, they'd boycott. The owners are not bigger than the Club...without the fans they are no one. They should talk with their feet, otherwise it will just get worse each season.

Someone on talksport suggested the QPR board are 'picking the fans' which is actually quite an interesting statement.. and when you think about it you can sort of see the theory that they will sell 15'000 to the fans that can afford it and thus moving QPR upmarket. Maybe living in Chelsea's shaddow for too long.

In contrast.. how about this from Blackburn:

What's your views on this Tom?

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10429~2038803,00.html

Amazing also that they're season tickets went on sale now, ours went on sale in February.

That may have had more to do with not knowing which league they were going to be in.

I could never justify that cost to my family for a football match. As much as I love City if it was us that would excede my cut off point.

As well as highlighting QPR's extortionate increases this is the point I was getting at.

Do we really want Bristol City be part of the Premier League (the clubs' stated aim) when many of us fans might not be able to actually afford to watch City there?

Unless any of us have unlimited money, or no responsibilities, there simply has to be a cut off point.

As well as highlighting QPR's extortionate increases this is the point I was getting at.

Do we really want Bristol City be part of the Premier League (the clubs' stated aim) when many of us fans might not be able to actually afford to watch City there?

Unless any of us have unlimited money, or no responsibilities, there simply has to be a cut off point.

When we were going into the Play-off final Lansdown said that ticket prices would not rise if we made the Premier League because there would be less games and a huge increse in revenue. We are lucky to have a fantastic owner. worship2.gif

I know it's not going to happen...the average football fan in this country is a Lemming and does exactly as he's told.

They'll still turn up, pay whatever, and struggle to pay for lifes nessesities, and go without. But hey they can rejoice in the fact that most of their team earn more in two weeks than they do in a year, and that their owners wouldn't even piss on 'em if they were on fire. Misguided loyalty in my book...

If this happened in Europe, the fans wouldn't just complain on forums, they'd boycott. The owners are not bigger than the Club...without the fans they are no one. They should talk with their feet, otherwise it will just get worse each season.

Im afraid that is the culture of the British in general and not just football fans, we shut up an put up and always have done. As we all know on the continent people dont put up, they riot boycott and do whatever they can to get there point across and fair play to em. Any slight riot or sign of un-rest in this country and the people involved are branded as thugs and hooligans that should be locked away, its madness.

Dont get me wrong i love city and the thought of just seeing us for a season in the top flight would be amazing, but if prices went up stupidly i wouldnt go simply as that. Any fan that would pay over the odds for tickets needs to take a long hard look at themselves as ultimately its people like them that continue to fuel the over inflated mess that Football is today. If you dont like the prices dont go, thankfully many football fans are beginning to cotton on to this hence the reason attendences were down across the football league last season..

When we were going into the Play-off final Lansdown said that ticket prices would not rise if we made the Premier League because there would be less games and a huge increse in revenue. We are lucky to have a fantastic owner. worship2.gif

Like I said earlier prices , if anything, should go down not up. And the two examples I gave on Blackburn and Wigan has now been very well highlighted by others.

The only justification for increasing prices when revenue increases exponentially is either greed, in the case of QPR, or to pay for an investment, in our case. However, SL has made the point, as already noted that the project is sufficiently funded by promotion and other streams on the site.

thats the reason we have to be thankful we have our board and steve lansdown,

He was selling season tickets at a reduced price before the play--off final also every year we've been in the championship my season ticket has gone down in price never up,

I play footy with a guy up here in Manchester who was born a Villa fan but now has a season ticket to Wigan so he can take his lad to Premier League football because the value for money is so good. In general, tickets are better value up north; you can go see Man City for about £25, though that may now go up with Champions League football. I imagine what QPR envisage is something like the model Arsenal have. The company my Dad works for have 3 basic corporate tickets for the Emirates; 3 seats in the middle section (not a box or anything) 3 meals in one of the restaurants and 3 complimentary drinks for every home match (including Champions League and cup matches) for the princely sum of £15,000. Thats how to make money from football ladies and gentlemen

Economicly speaking no one owes anyone anything and this makes good economic\business sense for the football club who have a certain number of seats to sell and people that will most likely pay.

Compassionately speaking this is just ridiculous, people that have propped the club up over the last 15 years while its not been in the top tier are being priced out for people interested in watching premier league football.

Football has truly lost its sense of purpose.

It is excessive, but to those complaining - would you ask for a reduction if your club was relegated? It works both ways.

It doesn't really. Clubs in the lower leagues need the money from gate revenue, as they don't receive much from TV rights or advertising.

Most money spent in the Premier League is spent on players wages. This is where the problem stems from. They don't need the amount they are being paid. They are not worth it. These Clubs in the Prem receive more money than any other, yet still run in the red. It's not running costs, but purely players wages. Fans need to talk with their feet...it's already started in Italy and players wages are starting to come down their, as the public aren't going to matches and many are cancelling their TV subscriptions...It does have a knock on effect, for the good.

It doesn't really. Clubs in the lower leagues need the money from gate revenue, as they don't receive much from TV rights or advertising.

Most money spent in the Premier League is spent on players wages. This is where the problem stems from. They don't need the amount they are being paid. They are not worth it. These Clubs in the Prem receive more money than any other, yet still run in the red. It's not running costs, but purely players wages. Fans need to talk with their feet...it's already started in Italy and players wages are starting to come down their, as the public aren't going to matches and many are cancelling their TV subscriptions...It does have a knock on effect, for the good.

I thought I read somwhere attendances were down 6% across the board (we stayed the same) thats maybe the start of "Fans talking with their feet"

Fans in this country may walk away but I fear they will always keep their subscription.

Archived