IGNORED

Championship's Best Players On The Move

Nogbad the Bad

The Championship looks pretty strong next season and fortunes are hard to predict but one thing that must work in our favour is if our rivals lose some of their better players.

Of course we may lose Maynard but apart from that it would be a surprise to see any other City players poached.

Ipswich have lost McAuley to West Brom.

Cardiff have lost Bothroyd, Burke and numerous loan players.

Forest's McGugan has really impressed me this season, can they hold on to him?

Charlie Adam must be a certainty to move on surely? Any other Blackpool players?

What about West Ham and Brum?

What current Championship players do we think, or at least have good reason to hope, will have moved on by K.O. to make life just a little bit easier for City next season?dunno.gif

The Championship looks pretty strong next season and fortunes are hard to predict but one thing that must work in our favour is if our rivals lose some of their better players.

Of course we may lose Maynard but apart from that it would be a surprise to see any other City players poached.

Ipswich have lost McAuley to West Brom.

Cardiff have lost Bothroyd, Burke and numerous loan players.

Forest's McGugan has really impressed me this season, can they hold on to him?

Charlie Adam must be a certainty to move on surely? Any other Blackpool players?

What about West Ham and Brum?

Larsson is on a free at Brum and will move on. I also expect Dann/s and Garner to move. Maybe Roger Johnson too?!

Bowyer and Phillips out of contract as well. I think they could struggle.

West Ham will obviously loose all the England boys. Green, Upson, Parker, Cole. That Ba fella and Hitzelperger(sp) also attracting allot of interest.

I'm sure though they got decent kids waiting to be unleashed.

As per the others then ill be amazed if Leeds keep hold of Bradley Johnson and Snodgrass.

Swansea will loose their GK, Angel, Williams, Pratley and Sinclair if they fail to beat Reading.

Looks like Chopra could well be on the move. With reported interest from Ipswich for a fee of 1m! He may not be the most popular player down at the gate, but he would be a snip at that kind of price! That on top of Boothroyd and Burke would be a big loss for Cardiff :chant6ez:

Agree. Quality center half, would love to see him in a City shirt. Not gonna happen though.

The biggest accolade that can be given to a football player is that Bristol City fans want to see him in the famous red and white.

I may be in a minority, but I wouldnt mind us signing Darius Henderson from Sheff Utd - he's a championship player on the move. Big physical striker who scores goals at this level (remember his hattrick for the blades at the gate a couple of seasons agree - he can finish)

Max Gradel has been a stand out performer for Leeds. Won player of the year, and rumours of interest from abroad.

Can Reading keep hold of Shane Long?

Expect Premier League interest in McGuigan(sp) of Forest like the OP said. Quality player, better than Perch who Newcastle signed from Forest.

Most important one is us keeping hold of Maynard though.

The biggest accolade that can be given to a football player is that Bristol City fans want to see him in the famous red and white.

I may be in a minority, but I wouldnt mind us signing Darius Henderson from Sheff Utd - he's a championship player on the move. Big physical striker who scores goals at this level (remember his hattrick for the blades at the gate a couple of seasons agree - he can finish)

Max Gradel has been a stand out performer for Leeds. Won player of the year, and rumours of interest from abroad.

Can Reading keep hold of Shane Long?

Expect Premier League interest in McGuigan(sp) of Forest like the OP said. Quality player, better than Perch who Newcastle signed from Forest.

Most important one is us keeping hold of Maynard though.

The only club who worries me is Leicester with Maynard, no prem club will gamble on him yet after so long out, if he is banging the goals in when the transfer list reopens, only then can i see a Prem club coming in for him, Scotland/Beckford a few other have not set the Prem alight and i class Maynard in this class at the moment. Please don't anyone say Carrol and he scored more goals than him at this level.

P.S. Shane Long would be the only one i would go in for.

If Graham heads to Swansea and Morison goes to Norwich that's two clubs who have spent a bit of their new dough on strikers... that aren't maynard.

I can't see Nicky leaving for Leicester as earlier suggested but think the biggest threat comes from mid-Prem clubs short on striking options - Sunderland, Newcastle, Blackburn & Bolton come to mind. Fingers crossed he'll sign up soon, but if he goes to one of those clubs who can really blame him!

Archived