IGNORED

Forget Brighton

Matty-H

I wouldn't get too carried away, it's about points and goal difference before goals scored count.

They've conceded 75 goals (7 less than the sags) and they'll probably lose Mackail-Smith.

Brighton and Southampton had 50% better goal difference despite their scoring exploits.

Avoiding relegation would be a good season for them to be honest.

For the record I don't think Uddersfield were the better side for 75 mins either. Far from it, although 3-0 was flattering. A very attacking side. If they can keep things tighter at the back next season they could do well. People keep talking about momentum in the Brighton wankfest threads. It applies to all promoted sides.

I think huge credit has to go to Gary Johnson, eh Robbo? :P

If they are very lucky and daddy loans him players they'll be outside the bottom three, but they'll definitely be bottom six.

**** of a manager, **** of a chairman and league one crowds.

Absolutely nothing to fear......

For the record I don't think Uddersfield were the better side for 75 mins either. Far from it, although 3-0 was flattering. A very attacking side. If they can keep things tighter at the back next season they could do well. People keep talking about momentum in the Brighton wankfest threads. It applies to all promoted sides.

But Ferguson Jr.'s record in the Championship doesn't suggest he is up to it to me. Despite the likes of MacKaill-Smith, McLean and Boyd last time they finished bottom.

Momentum. Remember :D Brighton are a small club who've always had poor attendances too, but they're bound for Barca in the CL final 2015 in some eyes :D (I exaggerate a touch)

A well constructed cheap ST plan and the novelty of a new stadium doesn't mask that. I think both sides will do ok next season, but if I was asked to pick one I think would be more likely to go back down it would be Brighton

Credit goes to Darragh MacAnthony for admitting that he'd made the wrong appointment and getting rid of Johnson who came in, upset everyone including all the players with his bully boy 'my way or the highway' attitude and completely disrupted the club.

For the record - Posh will struggle next season. They are weak at the back and with Mackail-Smith going they'll lose 30 odd goals from their squad.

If they are very lucky and daddy loans him players they'll be outside the bottom three, but they'll definitely be bottom six.

**** of a manager, **** of a chairman and league one crowds.

Absolutely nothing to fear......

Agreed. They were useless last time; expect more of the same next season, minus Mackail Smith.

You forgot **** of a Director of Football to go with **** of a manager and **** of a chairman....

I am sure Daddy's Boy will get some help from "you know who" as well.

Anyone want a Wager Posh will finish above us next season ???

They have a well balanced side... a little weak in defence but that can be sorted and will be a real handfull for any Championship team

Ferguson is a brilliant young Manager and with the inimitable barry Fry backing him up they can go wrong..

I would be very suprised if many come away from London Road with anything much this season.

They have a well balanced side... a little weak in defence but that can be sorted and will be a real handfull for any Championship team

Ferguson is a brilliant young Manager and with the inimitable barry Fry backing him up they can go wrong..

I would be very suprised if many come away from London Road with anything much this season.

Not sure about that.

Took Posh down last time and then was the main culprit in Preston going down as well.

I get the impression he's one club manager whose ability stops in Division 1.

I'll take that wager. £10 do?

Completely out of their depth last time, and will be without Boyd and Mackail-Smith this coming season. See no reason why they will fair any better than their last time in the Championship.

Agreed. Huddersfield would have had more clout to strengthen and make a fist of it.

Barry Fry has just said that their 3 front players are probably leaving - Boyd, CMS and Tomlin, which would be a major blow if all three left.

Given most of their goals have come from those three they may well struggle to stay in the division next season. Best of luck to them though, they play good open attacking football as their 106 - 75 goal stats shows. We'll see how it fares in the Championship.

From the Gas to West Ham......

on a slightly related note, Clark has to be sacked now surely, the money spent and no bottle 3 years in a row? Deary me. He's also an aggressive little tit too...

They could be a real handfull next season. 120 odd goals this season and destroying Huddersfield.

Mac Smith is leaving there keeper Lewis is leaving, unless the mouthy Irish guy talks and not do the walk like last time they may stay up. Spend money or you are down again with Barry Fry as his sidekick anything can happen, Fergusons reappointment proved it.

For those intending watching City up here next season; bad / sad news. That covered terrace at the East end of their ground will be redeveloped starting in the Summer. It won't be finished for at least a year though and PUFC have stated they don't know yet where visiting fans will be accommodated.:facepalm:

Sounds like we'll have to pay a bit extra and sit in one of the stands on the sides rather than behind the goal.:disapointed2se: Just for interest's sake, which was the highest placed club this year which still has traditional terracing available?

For those intending watching City up here next season; bad / sad news. That covered terrace at the East end of their ground will be redeveloped starting in the Summer. It won't be finished for at least a year though and PUFC have stated they don't know yet where visiting fans will be accommodated.:facepalm:

As their average gate this season was a pathetic 6400, they should have plenty of room........

Archived