IGNORED

Big Sam To Westham

M_Porter

Of course it is detrimental. Our players only know one style of play and that is the English way. Look around Europe, how many English players are playing abroad of any real note? I dont include Beckham as he is past his best so we are left with no English players plying outside of England, i personally find that SHOCKING.

I dont know if anyone else heard about this but Bayern Munich made an offer reported to be around 10 million pounds for Leighton Baines in January. What a fantastic career move that would have been for him playing for a club like that. No disrespect to Everton but this is Bayern Munich, a massive massive club. And what does Baines do he shits himself and stays. This sort of mentality is what baffles me about English players and it all goes back to them believing the hype that the prem is the best league is the world. If they dont move around and experience other styles then we are not going to improve. Lampard is another one who had an oppurtunity to go to Inter when Mourinho was there and he bottled it. Again that would have been a great move for him, a few years in Italy and his style would have changed meaning he would be a different option for England to have in midfield..

And these are only the high profile ones you hear about, how man yforeign clubs probably come in for English lads every year and the English lad tuns it down because he hasnt got the bottle to move abroad. Like i said i find it mind boggling

Im 100 % in agreement with you on this...particularly in the case of Baines...he could become one of the very best Fullbacks in the World but not playing for Everton in the Premier League.

Always thought this. Look at the top countries, they have players in all the top leagues around the world. We pick players from the Premier League, and that's it. As a footballing nation, our players seem to lack the desire to play elsewhere and it must have a detrimental effect on their coaching and levels of experience.

I've always thought this. I think part of the problem is the value placed upon the fact a player is 'English' by clubs over here. Our players prices seem to double just because of their passports, so why would top clubs abroad even look at them? I notice Michael Mancienne has just signed for Hamburg; good move for him and i hope Capello's scouts keep an eye on him if he's playing regularly for them

I dont know if anyone else heard about this but Bayern Munich made an offer reported to be around 10 million pounds for Leighton Baines in January. What a fantastic career move that would have been for him playing for a club like that. No disrespect to Everton but this is Bayern Munich, a massive massive club. And what does Baines do he shits himself and stays. This sort of mentality is what baffles me about English players and it all goes back to them believing the hype that the prem is the best league is the world.

To be fair, I think Leighton Baines is a very different character to a number of players.

Many players will stay in England because they incorrectly believe it's the best league in the world, or because they can enjoy a particular lifestyle (I think we all know what that means) but from what I've heard Baines isn't like that. However, he is extremely quiet and shy and it took him quite some time to settle at Everton. He may very well like it where he is (close to home, comfortable, playing for the club he's always supported) and not want to move to Germany.

I certainly wouldn't want to move to Germany to do my job, even if I could work for a brilliant organisation, further my skills and earn more money. I like it where I am and don't want to move. I don't see why a footballer should be any different.

They are not going to be as good as Newcastle unless they persuade Parker to stay. Newcastle had Nolan and Alan Smith in their midfield. 2 hard, horrible b*******s who can also play. Add on Gutierrez and Carroll plus a manager who knew the club and the players and was able to deal with the egos they were a force. West Ham are nowhere near as strong and have players who want out, an outsider coming in to manage.

Allardyce will have to adapt to the culture of the club and the club and players will have to adapt to him. It won't be plain sailing and I reckon they'll do well to get in the play offs as the championship is a hard unforgiving league and their young players will have to adapt to it. Just because they are promising 18 year olds doesn't mean they are up to 46 league games at the likes of Leeds and Burnley.

Obviously Parker is their main man, but Hitzelsperger's hardly a poor midfielder, Demba Ba scored goals at a decent rate for them too so if they both stay that is some decent experience, as well as talented youngsters and a decent coach. Agree about the last season though, it's a long hard slog at times in this League.

I've always thought this. I think part of the problem is the value placed upon the fact a player is 'English' by clubs over here. Our players prices seem to double just because of their passports, so why would top clubs abroad even look at them? I notice Michael Mancienne has just signed for Hamburg; good move for him and i hope Capello's scouts keep an eye on him if he's playing regularly for them

Ditto. Bent £24m- almost as much as David Villa who is one of the best strikers in the world, Carroll almost 50% more expensive than Bent!? With pricing like this, it's no wonder PL coaches loob abroad as often as they do. Course, overpriced players exist there too- none more so than Ibrahimovich, who seems to keep commanding top dollar transfer fees for some reason.

As for Baines, Bayern great opportunity, European football every year, working under a top class coach (Heycnkes has won CL, prior to that Van Gaal who wanted to sign him has won titles in Germany, Spain, Netherlands and has extensive CL experience). Moyes is a splendid coach but not quite in Van Gaal's League over the course of his career.

Archived