IGNORED

Basso

oldfield

Bassocally...errr.....basically I believe that Basso always believed that Basso was better because Basso was Brazilian and errrr.................................. cont p94...........

Not many comments from the people who after the farce of him leaving still saying always beleive and oh Basso, again i would like to see a short statement from the club of why he left, thinking about it they have already done this.

Does anyone doubt Basso would make it if he got a chance in the prem?

Wasen't to be at Wolves and time seems to be running out but I for one have no doubts he would have made it.

The premier league in general believes he would not make it in the premier league and that is what counts.

Face it his career is in tatters and at the end of the day he can only blame himself.

if he were to make it he would of signed for a club after dropping us in the sh it,

simple as that,

Club have nothing to awnser for ether they did everything in their power to keep him and he sh it on us from a great height even waiting for his understudy to leave before saying he wants out thus causing max damage,

May have been a good shot stopper but thats where it ends he couldn't command his box and he was crap on crosses

I'd glad its turned out like it has after what he did to us

He will go to Rovers.

They don't have a goalie

His family live in Bristol

A couple of slices of humble pie for Basso and bingo, he has a job in the same City where his family are.

I know goalies go on forever (David James is 110) but 36 and not played for getting on for two years when the season starts means he should re-think his lofty goals.

Put a fiver on Basso being the Gas No 1 come Season start.

I admire Basso's ambition and belief very much, it's something that's sorely lacking in society as a whole. Self belief is a very important attribute.

To this day I am still amazed that no one came in for him when he handed in his request (i.e. top end Championship or low end Premier League). He was without a doubt the best goalkeeper in the football league during the 07/08 season and I can't believe that that would have gone unnoticed. Given how many Premier League teams have scores of young players on their books that may never even get on the bench for the first team, I was very surprised that someone at the bottom end of the Premier League didn't take a punt on him.

Sad for him how it worked out, perhaps mis-advised by a greedy agent, perhaps just over-confidence on his part.

I admire Basso's ambition and belief very much, it's something that's sorely lacking in society as a whole. Self belief is a very important attribute.

To this day I am still amazed that no one came in for him when he handed in his request (i.e. top end Championship or low end Premier League). He was without a doubt the best goalkeeper in the football league during the 07/08 season and I can't believe that that would have gone unnoticed. Given how many Premier League teams have scores of young players on their books that may never even get on the bench for the first team, I was very surprised that someone at the bottom end of the Premier League didn't take a punt on him.

Sad for him how it worked out, perhaps mis-advised by a greedy agent, perhaps just over-confidence on his part.

Maybe prem teams didn't rate him as highly as you, it would seem to be the case, and maybe they thought he had an attitude problem. If anyone had thought he was good as he thought he was, they'd have taken a punt.

But his Agent advised him to sign for City. :innocent06:

basso gone he f*cked it up his self no one else's fault he was offered a 3 year deal to become the highest paid player at the club that his agent told him to sign as no one else was interested he didn't

Move on ffs or we might as well start bringing up jacki being frozen out or selling andy cole cheap lets blame that on johnson too.........

Yeh, £1.75million for Andy Cole was a disgrace.....:innocent06:

well with hahneman leaving Wolves guess he is getting closer....

Don't think so, on the Wolves website it says "the hunt is now on for a goalkeeper who can push Wayne Hennessey and Carl Ikeme for the number 1 spot" or something like that.............

As far as Basso was concerned the offers were there, that was his view point and his information from his agent. Johnson refused to even consider letting him move and only made public the Exeter interest at a later date. (not the only time Johnson rejected good offers for players to make a point)

From that moment on, him and Johnson never got on.

And before anyone asks how I know this.... basso himself, Malone (dont know if he is still here but can confirm story)

Alot of people speculate on people's personalitys and what they should and shouldn't do, basso was a lovely bloke, simply he felt he'd proved himself at this level and wanted the chance at a higher level, no doubt he was an eccentric character

Money doesn't bother him he's not in the sport for the money, just wants to play at the highest level possible. He's finally got his chance at a prem club, will he still be there next season....who know's, I'd say unlikely.

Interesting article about Basso.

http://www.sundaymer...6331-28782809/?

Told agent he had proven himself in the Championship.

City offered 3 year contract.

"I told him if he came back with anything outside the Premier League, I didn't want it."

I rememberd Basso were offered at that time the best contract in Citys history. Why he said no to this deal its out of my horizon. He is was not young, did he want pl so strong. I dont understand only Basso have the answer. I dont know. But strange is it anyway.

As far as Basso was concerned the offers were there, that was his view point and his information from his agent. Johnson refused to even consider letting him move and only made public the Exeter interest at a later date. (not the only time Johnson rejected good offers for players to make a point)

From that moment on, him and Johnson never got on.

And before anyone asks how I know this.... basso himself, Malone (dont know if he is still here but can confirm story)

Alot of people speculate on people's personalitys and what they should and shouldn't do, basso was a lovely bloke, simply he felt he'd proved himself at this level and wanted the chance at a higher level, no doubt he was an eccentric character

Money doesn't bother him he's not in the sport for the money, just wants to play at the highest level possible. He's finally got his chance at a prem club, will he still be there next season....who know's, I'd say unlikely.

So let me get this right GJ turned down offers for Basso?, the offers were made to GJ and not SL the club owner? and GJ made the decision not to listen to the offers for Basso to make a point and not the club owner SL?.

So was SL ever in the loop over this or was it as you are portraying it all GJ's work? because guess what SL owns the club and ultimately makes those decisions, so let's have some balance SL hands must also be sullied as much as GJ over this incident.

So let me get this right GJ turned down offers for Basso?, the offers were made to GJ and not SL the club owner? and GJ made the decision not to listen to the offers for Basso to make a point and not the club owner SL?.

So was SL ever in the loop over this or was it as you are portraying it all GJ's work? because guess what SL owns the club and ultimately makes those decisions, so let's have some balance SL hands must also be sullied as much as GJ over this incident.

CS at the time i would image was in charge of this decesion, otherwise why did SL employe him, Basso thought he could get higher, when he stops playing football again imo he will think why did i do this. (Again hope the spelling is right)

rubbish donald,

Johnson could of turned down an offer if he wanted to keep the player but he didn't he made it clear when he put him on the transfer list (like Orr) City/ Steve Lansdown wouldnt of turned down offers for him as the club were making a loss on his wages and Bristol's most successful businman wouldn't be that stupid

Stop talking crap

What we are forgetting is that HE WALKED OUT ON BCFC (the club we all love) because he thought he was better than us and wanted to move on to better things , that is FACT ..

If there were offers out there for him (other than Exeters) then why did he not sign for one of those bigger better teams ??

Lets move on for christ sake !!!!! I honestly can't remember a player who did the dirty on us being idolised so much

He was under contract to us - we didn't have to accept any offers or even tell the player about them.

why did these so called clubs who made offers for him not come in when his contract expired,

Why did he have to wait 18 months before a club (with only 1 keeper 100% fit) come in for him so he could be 4th choice for 2 months,

maybe because only exeter were in for him perhaps and he thought he was better then he actually was?

He sh it on us and I won't forgive him or idolise him for it he walked out thinking he was bigger and better then the club which is unforgivable Orr backed down and signed a contract so we at least could get some money but not basso he waiting until our other goalkeeper left before saying he was better then the championship and left us in the shi t again unforgivable

What we are forgetting is that HE WALKED OUT ON BCFC (the club we all love) because he thought he was better than us and wanted to move on to better things , that is FACT ..

If there were offers out there for him (other than Exeters) then why did he not sign for one of those bigger better teams ??

Lets move on for christ sake !!!!! honestly can't remember a player who did the dirty on us being idolised so much

Basso only had agreed to play for us during the time of his contract. He had not to prolong it and neither had the club. The club would like to keep the length of player contracts secret so that fans will not turn against players not ready to sign hew contracts which of course is nonsence. The bullying was never to come from the fans. Instead fans are upset they are not to know for how long we have signed players we don't need. For how long are we carrying them? Hopefully this will change under the new regime.

Basso only had agreed to play for us during the time of his contract. He had not to prolong it and neither had the club. The club would like to keep the length of player contracts secret so that fans will not turn against players not ready to sign hew contracts which of course is nonsence. The bullying was never to come from the fans. Instead fans are upset they are not to know for how long we have signed players we don't need. For how long are we carrying them? Hopefully this will change under the new regime.

i doubt it will change its the same at most clubs,

Contract lengths are no secret when ever a signing is made its Harchester have signed fletcher on a 5 year deal,

only thing kept secret is wages and rightly so

i doubt it will change its the same at most clubs,

Contract lengths are no secret when ever a signing is made its Harchester have signed fletcher on a 5 year deal,

only thing kept secret is wages and rightly so

Other clubs maybe but not City. I would like to se a list with all players updated when a contract is prolonged. Contracts have been prolonged but this has not been announced. Strange. The club should have been happy and glad to tell the rest of the world. Hopefully a change as it don't make sence.

Other clubs maybe but not City. I would like to se a list with all players updated when a contract is prolonged. Contracts have been prolonged but this has not been announced. Strange. The club should have been happy and glad to tell the rest of the world. Hopefully a change as it don't make sence.

you say that but city just annouced the Albert Adomah has signed a new 3 year deal contracting him to the club to 2014, so we do

I think people tend to forget contract lengths quite quickly as they don't stick in the mind as much as what's been paid for a player

CS at the time i would image was in charge of this decesion, otherwise why did SL employe him, Basso thought he could get higher, when he stops playing football again imo he will think why did i do this. (Again hope the spelling is right)

Yes that's true, however in this case it is being suggested that GJ's motives was 'to make a point', 'punishment', 'spite', call it what you want and what I am saying is that SL as the club owner must have been aware and have given his blessing and presumably CS was also involved in the thought making process.

My point is if the above scenario is true why is GJ being solely blamed for that decision a decision that actually is'nt something within his gift as the manager, he would obviously put his views to SL and CS but the decision is ultimately with SL and in that case SL is actually to blame for going a long with GJ's evil motives and bear in mind the decision as described above was not a football decision it was an employment decision.

you say that but city just annouced the Albert Adomah has signed a new 3 year deal contracting him to the club to 2014, so we do

I think people tend to forget contract lengths quite quickly as they don't stick in the mind as much as what's been paid for a player

They are not consequent. Afrer the 07/08 season a lot of contracts were prolonged without it ever being made official.

It's frustrating to learn that players you have hoped at last should be shipped out are here for god knows how many more seasons.

Archived