IGNORED

West Brom Game,

bringbacktherobin

become a club member then,

And why shouldnt other stands have to?

A friend of mine likes to watch city when he doesnt have a saturday game, he says about going, i then say "its £25 for the ticket, then £20 for membership".

He just says "forget it, thats a joke"

He can only go to say, 3 or 4 games a year, why should he has to pay a minimum of £5 extra a game?

The membership scheme was a good idea originally. It gave those who went to some home games and a fair few away games, a way of getting priority for bigger games.

Its a joke now though, because they are trying to force it on people that want to go in the East End.

I wanted to take my family and some extended family to the last game of the season - but it would have cost me the extra tickets (2 adults 3 kids) plus 50 odd quid in memberships!! what a joke!

The membership scheme was a good idea originally. It gave those who went to some home games and a fair few away games, a way of getting priority for bigger games.

Its a joke now though, because they are trying to force it on people that want to go in the East End.

I wanted to take my family and some extended family to the last game of the season - but it would have cost me the extra tickets (2 adults 3 kids) plus 50 odd quid in memberships!! what a joke!

Dont forgot kids memberships aswell, so for that one off game, it would had been £125 in memberships, for a single game...... :disapointed2se:

£5 a ticket, not a bad price. Then i saw the following

"* Home tickets for the Wedlock Stand will be on sale to Wedlock Stand season ticket holders and club members only."

The odd thing with that comment is that it's not open to season ticket holders of other stands....what difference does it make if you're a member or an Atyeo ST holder, like myself? Not letting people in without a card is up to the club, whether people agree with it or not, but to then restrict the cards that people use to get in is just odd. I'd kinda assumed the card restriction was down to being able to effectively punish people if they're kicked out, as the card can be stopped or whatever, so this restriction seems weird to me.

I'm suprised there opening the east end at all as the crowd is only going to be about 4k like last season against blackpool and if i remember there were about 20 city fans in the eastend and about 60 blackpool fans most were sat in the dolman and williams with the atyeo shut

How long does a membership last for......a season or continuous?.

BCAGFC

It does not even allow fans to pay on the day and membership is only available in person non matchdays. This does not encourage more support of the club.

It is farcical that it is easier and cheaper for the away support to buy tickets for the ground than Citys own support.

And why shouldnt other stands have to?

A friend of mine likes to watch city when he doesnt have a saturday game, he says about going, i then say "its £25 for the ticket, then £20 for membership".

He just says "forget it, thats a joke"

He can only go to say, 3 or 4 games a year, why should he has to pay a minimum of £5 extra a game?

Not that I agree it should be harder to buy tickets in the Wedlocks but:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2370619,00.html

"Bristol City supporters will be able to claim a £5 discount off matchday prices next season simply by becoming a club member."

I'm suprised there opening the east end at all as the crowd is only going to be about 4k like last season against blackpool and if i remember there were about 20 city fans in the eastend and about 60 blackpool fans most were sat in the dolman and williams with the atyeo shut

At a fiver, i'll be surprised if we don't get double that figure to be honest. If you look at last years friendly it was double that price, against a team we'd played only three months before and after a dismal world cup that had many people feeling ocmpletely unbothered about football. This time, it's against a decent (admittedly not brilliant) team, who we haven't played for a couple of years, at the end of a football-less summer, so people have had time to miss watching games, and is half the price. If we don't get a minimum of 8k I'll be very surprised.

I have to be honest, i wasn't planning on going before the price was announced. Now i'm definitely heading down there. Wedlock issues aside, i applaud the club for this set up of this game.

At a fiver, i'll be surprised if we don't get double that figure to be honest. If you look at last years friendly it was double that price, against a team we'd played only three months before and after a dismal world cup that had many people feeling ocmpletely unbothered about football. This time, it's against a decent (admittedly not brilliant) team, who we haven't played for a couple of years, at the end of a football-less summer, so people have had time to miss watching games, and is half the price. If we don't get a minimum of 8k I'll be very surprised.

I have to be honest, i wasn't planning on going before the price was announced. Now i'm definitely heading down there. Wedlock issues aside, i applaud the club for this set up of this game.

unless it was a top 5 prem club or a big europian club then we'll struggle to get 6k

A season. So for riaz to take his 5 family members to the last day of the season, it would had cost £150, for that single game.

2 x 20 for adults, plus 3 x 5 for kids = 55, plus the cost of the tickets

still expensive, especially when the kids are potential fans for the future

2 x 20 for adults, plus 3 x 5 for kids = 55, plus the cost of the tickets

still expensive, especially when the kids are potential fans for the future

In defence of the club, it's to stop the trouble makers getting tickets, like they did with a block of the Williams stand before.

In defence of the club, it's to stop the trouble makers getting tickets, like they did with a block of the Williams stand before.

So whats stopping trouble makers getting tickets for williams closest to the away fans, where you could actually cause trouble if they wanted to.

Whats easier to get to away fans, a stand with two blocks of netting, or a stand with a little fence.

The club made it hard for people to get tickets in the williams, but they never insisted on membership.

Take the leeds game, and the "trouble" (if you can call it trouble), where was it all ,the williams stand. Where can you buy unreserved tickets, the williams stand.

What trouble makers????????? WBA don't even have a mob, and the days of kicking off in the ground died years ago.

Now I'm sure some smart arsed **** will try and say otherwise, but I see more threatening behvaiour and violent disorder in town on a Saturday night than i've seen inside Ashton Gate in many a year.

What trouble makers????????? WBA don't even have a mob, and the days of kicking off in the ground died years ago.

Now I'm sure some smart arsed **** will try and say otherwise, but I see more threatening behvaiour and violent disorder in town on a Saturday night than i've seen inside Ashton Gate in many a year.

Calm down talking about areas where the CSF go when there is a chance of trouble, at the end of the day all tickets should be at a cheap price in pre season and then future fans will get to see what AG is about.

Two things.....

Firstly, why have these restrictions not been put in place for the williams stand???

Secondly, I emailed Jayne Maggs, explaining that I wanted to take my young family and she still could'nt relax the rules. Now your telling me its because of trouble makers? I can't see how my girlfriend, her two younger sisters and my kids are going to cause trouble?? Plus if its addresses they need, they have the same address as me!

Calm down talking about areas where the CSF go when there is a chance of trouble, at the end of the day all tickets should be at a cheap price in pre season and then future fans will get to see what AG is about.

I'm not having a go, just a pre-emptive strike on someone who will claim that Ashton Gate is a hotbed of football related disorder. it's not.

Ah, williams F Block then, where tickets are unreserved and you dont need to give your details.

Stupid mistake by the club and the old bill, a row of riot police with netting none where it used to kick of in the Williams like i have said.

(Lee Matthews penalty i was in F block, it was fun at the time but not something i'm proud of)

I'm not having a go, just a pre-emptive strike on someone who will claim that Ashton Gate is a hotbed of football related disorder. it's not.

I did not say that mate, but like any area at any ground in the country there are chances of trouble, the Eastend will live with me to the day i day, the win against Chelsea, and thousands of others will stick with me, but the club imo are trying to stop trouble and not see kids in tears and scared at football, West Ham home next season block F upper and lower will not be available.

people who go to "one off" games are exactly who the club should make most money from

I agree to an extent - £26 to £30 is enough already though isn't it? £46 - £50 is too much - we're not going to attract new fans otherwise!

I did not say that mate, but like any area at any ground in the country there are chances of trouble, the Eastend will live with me to the day i day, the win against Chelsea, and thousands of others will stick with me, but the club imo are trying to stop trouble and not see kids in tears and scared at football, West Ham home next season block F upper and lower will not be available.

it will be because season ticket holders with seats there would be rather upset.

The club create an atmosphere of posturing with such large sterile areas. Simple as that really.

Archived