IGNORED

West Brom Game,

bringbacktherobin

When I bought my season ticket for 2007/08 at no point was I informed it was a ""trial". Many fans bought ST's thinking they were purchasing them for a stand where they could bring friends and family without purchasing ST's.

It is simply untrue to imply anything else as I would not have parted with the cash if I had been informed of such.

Last season the club stated the stand was under review. Reviews and trials have now lasted three years.

It isnt a trial, the trial was carried out several years ago with many of us STHs from other stands, before 07/08.

They said last season it was under review, and from what they have said this review will be complete ready for the new season

It isnt a trial, the trial was carried out several years ago with many of us STHs from other stands, before 07/08.

They said last season it was under review, and from what they have said this review will be complete ready for the new season

You are referring to a match at least five/six years ago.

The club since have had fours seasons to review.

Each season has brought new rules not applicable to the other three stands.

What will change v West Brom!

I cannot see how anybody can justify an additional charge of £20 on top of admission fee for a match v West Brom.

How they get away with what? They have done nothing illegal, nothing dangerous, nothing expect make a decision they are totaly entitled to make, what exactly have they got away with?

Treating customers differently (unfairly), wouldn't happen in any other business.

You are referring to a match at least five/six years ago.

The club since have had fours seasons to review.

Each season has brought new rules not applicable to the other three stands.

What will change v West Brom!

I cannot see how anybody can justify an additional charge of £20 on top of admission fee for a match v West Brom.

It wasnt a match, it was half a season.

Nothing will change v West Brom, but it looks like it might change in time for the start of the season.

Technically its not £20 on top of admission for West Brom, its £20 for a membership which will give any non-STH's a lot more than £20 worth of benefits over the season.

All you need to do is attend 4 leauge matches to get your money's worth

Nothing will change v West Brom, but it looks like it might change in time for the start of the season.

Technically its not £20 on top of admission for West Brom, its £20 for a membership which will give any non-STH's a lot more than £20 worth of benefits over the season.

What half a season in the last ten years are you referring to over five years ago why is it relevent to 2011 when the circumstances have now changed?

An additional £20 is just that, no additional £20 no ticket, thats the technicality. Fans in the other three stands and away support do not have to pay it. The benefit is neglible as your family without membership will not be able to access ticket offers [often not applicable to the EE anyway] in the same manner as the Atyeo.

You are attempting poorly to justify a illogical arrangement that drives potential support away fromn this club.

What if you dont want to attend four games?

Another of my friends has not renewed this season, due to working on most saturdays. This year he is deemed "unsafe" due to not having a membership, but is allowed to go into other parts of the grounds. How is that fair?

What if you dont want to attend four games?

Another of my friends has not renewed this season, due to working on most saturdays. This year he is deemed "unsafe" due to not having a membership, but is allowed to go into other parts of the grounds. How is that fair?

If you cant be bothered to even turn up 4 games in a season then why should you have the right to pick and chose where you sit

If you cant be bothered to even turn up 4 games in a season then why should you have the right to pick and chose where you sit

You chatting rubbish mate!

No one wants the right to pick anything. Thing is, there is space in the east end for more spectators. Friends and family of season ticket holders should be allowed in for one off games.

Who is losing out? Well all I have lost is a family day out - but I have also saved on the tickets I would have forked out, so I'm good

The club? Well they have lost much needed gate receipts and maybe some potential fans of the future? Maybe one or two of those members of my family which I wanted to bring may have caught the bug and may have wanted to come again. But we'll never know. The club are shooting themselves in the foot.

There is no right in it as the club can set their own rules, but if the club see themselves as part of the community and wanting to attract future generations by making football more affordable the stand is an opportunity being wasted every season.

You have forgotten an aspect of the clubs history. Just turning up and choosing which stand to use on the day was part of the tradition of football at Ashton Gate.

You have forgotten an aspect of the clubs history. Just turning up and choosing which stand to use on the day was part of the tradition of football at Ashton Gate.

Too true. Not just here but football in general too. Sadly changes in the last 20 years or so have I suspect lead to the current situation, at least in the UK. Reserved seating- regardless of stand- is one of the banes of the modern game I think.

Correct sir £26-30 is more than enough...........or else as you recognize , we risk turning people off

It does appear to be unfair (on paper) that I can take anyone I like into Dolman for the price of the ticket only but so could you......

I may be wrong but I seem to recall that a membership scheme for the EE was part of the "permission" for opening the EE in the first place and if so then the club must abide & enforce it regardless which means if thats where you want to go then thats the line you have to toe

A lot of you aint gonna like this but I am going to say it anyway coz its what I think.....................opening the little corner of the EE (coz thats what it is) has contributed to reducing the atmos at AG -

IMO it has fractured the noise generated - I much prefered it when the away fans were isolated in the centre blocks of the EE and the Dolman A&B led the singing which would often lead to Ateyeo and Williams joining in as well as rest of Dolman (block G boys especially) ..........it seemed to be a lot louder all around the ground back then.........mainly because of the numbers being vocal were greater and in a more singular place

Sorry if that upsets any EE peeps but from my place at back of Dolman Block A that is what Isee happening every game - and also the numbers in the EE appear to be geting fewer & fewer as well.......is that the case?

In 2004 there was no memebrship for a handfull of games v bury notts county £15 in advance . 2007 there was no membership pay on day then it was removed 2008 there was bring a friend at £23 a game i think and no extra cost now 2011 its £40 with memebrship for one game and lastr season it was £43.

Loads of lads are right in the corner and not being rude I was in the dolman a and dont remember hardly any singing let alone leading so i moved. the atmosphere at ashton gate was really poor and being in the EE has improved things greatly for fans. if your in the ee its miles better v the dolman and dolman a - b was dead long before fans being back in the ee.

Years back my grandfather as an oap took me to football as a treat in the ee. if the club took that attitude he wouldnt have bothered back then. the club are pricing fans kids oaps out.

Years back my grandfather as an oap took me to football as a treat in the ee. if the club took that attitude he wouldnt have bothered back then. the club are pricing fans kids oaps out.

Unfortunately, this is a modern trend at many football clubs in general and in this country in particular- high prices, reserved seating, the growth of the armchair fan have all contributed since the late '80s.

Unfortunately, this is a modern trend at many football clubs in general and in this country in particular- high prices, reserved seating, the growth of the armchair fan have all contributed since the late '80s.

forget modern trends its more difficult to get in and and more expensive for no good reason in one stand only!!! no excuse for this membership nothing to do with trends bcfc are turning people away from the ee so its the armchair or do something else or worse go somewhere else!!!! family deal in the atyeo for four for a one off game is £60 in the ee its a ton thats citys fault.

I have no idea why the eastend cannot be opened properly. if they are so worried about trouble then police it... job done.

I think the club have missed the boat in regard to the eastend, the novelty is wearing off because of the restrictions and instead of attracting new support as well as giving something back to louder fans they have hindered the potential for a great atmosphere and money.

The eastend could have been used to such a great effect but the club continually shoot themselves in the foot. I can't imagine that many other clubs would take the one stand that holds a great importance to the home fans away, then house the away fans there and then restrict the fans who fought so long and hard to get their "home" back.

We haven't got long left at AG :fingerscrossed: why can't the club let the fans enjoy these final years unrestricted and fairly?

Because your paying hard earned money. So your saying, a city fan who works 22 Saturdays of the year providing for his family, should have to pay extra just because he doesnt go to more than four games?

What if he doesnt have any other friends at the ground?

What stupid logic.

forget modern trends its more difficult to get in and and more expensive for no good reason in one stand only!!! no excuse for this membership nothing to do with trends bcfc are turning people away from the ee so its the armchair or do something else or worse go somewhere else!!!! family deal in the atyeo for four for a one off game is £60 in the ee its a ton thats citys fault.

I was wondering if it was part of a Local Authority Licensing thing- i.e. out of our hands.

I was wondering if it was part of a Local Authority Licensing thing- i.e. out of our hands.

local authority didnt take pod away then put in bring a friend then take it away then put in £20 fee. they dont set the prices even transferring out and in was free now its a fiver or a tenner if it was in the fans hands it wouldnt happen theres a post on wts and zidereahds from the st and its the club doing it.

local authority didnt take pod away then put in bring a friend then take it away then put in £20 fee. they dont set the prices even transferring out and in was free now its a fiver or a tenner if it was in the fans hands it wouldnt happen theres a post on wts and zidereahds from the st and its the club doing it.

Yeah, perhaps the club have made specific requirements in this case, will need to read up on it a little more. About reserved seating though, may be wrong on this but I believe it is statutory these days- as part of the conditions for getting a license from the FLA.

Might be conflating a number of separate issues here but if reserved seating is a statutory requirement then the club have little choice I'd have assumed. Agree fully on your last bit though, like you I hardly see the whole current state of affairs as positive.

Yeah, perhaps the club have made specific requirements in this case, will need to read up on it a little more. About reserved seating though, may be wrong on this but I believe it is statutory these days- as part of the conditions for getting a license from the FLA.

Might be conflating a number of separate issues here but if reserved seating is a statutory requirement then the club have little choice I'd have assumed. Agree fully on your last bit though, like you I hardly see the whole current state of affairs as positive.

The eastend and william F Block is unreserved again this season.

Because your paying hard earned money. So your saying, a city fan who works 22 Saturdays of the year providing for his family, should have to pay extra just because he doesnt go to more than four games?

What if he doesnt have any other friends at the ground?

What stupid logic.

I love your stupid logic, he works 22 Saturdays a year and all of them are on city's home games..... even tho we dont play anywhere near 22 home games on saturday. In fact, we only played 16 at home on saturdays this season

I love your stupid logic, he works 22 Saturdays a year and all of them are on city's home games..... even tho we dont play anywhere near 22 home games on saturday. In fact, we only played 16 at home on saturdays this season

What about the casual potential supporters, such as members of my family? kids, girlfriend..... her sisters who have never been to a football match?

The club are losing out!

Fans including the supporters trust have met the club and they will tell you its down to the club nobody else.

Sorry for not taking into account the tuesday/wednesday/friday/sunday games.

What about people that play football on saturdays? Can only make it to the games where they are called off etc? Or are they not true fans, so cant pick where they want to sit.

His logic does make sense charging a score on top of what it costs in the atyeo for a half empty stand wont help get more in.

Archived